Expansion draft and league-wide wheeling and dealing

Brawndo

All these teams are nutty for giving away key assets to protect one player.

Why is ANA worried about losing Manson or Vatanen. They have three excellent prospects to replace that player and Vatanen is injured and expensive. If they take Vatanen then they should feel likes it's Christmas.

The Nyi are equally stupid. They should have protected their core forwards and exposed all the D except Leddy, Hamonic and Boychuk. Let LV choose between Hickey, DeHaan and the 2 prospects. You lose one and your group is still excellent.

Minn had the most to lose and they did the right thing in protecting their forward group. Odds are they would lose Dumba without a side deal. If I were their GM I'd ask LV what it would cost to get them to take Scandella over Dumba and if the price was to high I'd say forget it. Dumba is a nice player and young, but is an Rfa after next season and will cost Risto $ to re-sign, money Minn might not have cap room for anyway. Minn is already short of draft picks and to give up Tuch and another prospect is dumba.

In the meantime, the rest of the league is being held to ransom, the league in general is (even further) unbalanced, and I'm being told I should care about Will Carrier. Hopefully Seattle is required to pay eleventy-billion dollars so that Bettman is forced to award them Gretzky Lemieux Howe Orr Richard (all three) and Plante clones and/or robots to justify the expenditure. And we'll still have ads on the ###### jerseys.

I'm sure that $17 mill every team got is quelling their concerns.

All these teams are nutty for giving away key assets to protect one player.

Why is ANA worried about losing Manson or Vatanen. They have three excellent prospects to replace that player and Vatanen is injured and expensive. If they take Vatanen then they should feel likes it's Christmas.

The Nyi are equally stupid. They should have protected their core forwards and exposed all the D except Leddy, Hamonic and Boychuk. Let LV choose between Hickey, DeHaan and the 2 prospects. You lose one and your group is still excellent.

Minn had the most to lose and they did the right thing in protecting their forward group. Odds are they would lose Dumba without a side deal. If I were their GM I'd ask LV what it would cost to get them to take Scandella over Dumba and if the price was to high I'd say forget it. Dumba is a nice player and young, but is an Rfa after next season and will cost Risto $ to re-sign, money Minn might not have cap room for anyway. Minn is already short of draft picks and to give up Tuch and another prospect is dumba.

I agree but living here in Las Vegas we our gonna need a decent team from the start. I have been playing hockey in this town since 91' and hockey has grown a ton but much more is needed to grow the sport here. You are gonna have a lot of players wanting to come here. First it's a warm weather city. Second no state tax which is huge. Third Housing, nightlife and places to eat. Edited by SabresBillsFan

This is the LV team I have come up with noting the 2 deals we know about and looking at a series of mock drafts. The player I choose was the one who appeared in the most mock drafts or made the best position/contract sense.

Ana: Stoner & Theodore

AZ: McGinn

Bos: Subban

Buf: Carrier

Clg: Brouwer

Car: Stempniak

Chi: TVR

Col: Grigorenko

Cbs: Karlsson

Dal: Eakin

Det: Ouellet

Edm: Reinhart

Fla: Marchessault (although I expect this to change with a side deal)

LA: McNabb

Min: Haula and Tuch

Mon: Hudon

Nsh: Neal

NJ: Merrill

NYI: DeHaan

NYR: Raanta

Ott: Methot

Phi: Raffl

Pit: Fleury

SJ: Schlemko (or Dillon)

Stl: Perron

TB: Dotchin

Tor: Rychel

Van: Gaunce

Wash: Grubauer

Wpg: Dano

Cost: 50.7

Contracts 21

G: 4

D: 10 + Theodore

F: 16 + Tuch

Edited by GASabresFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.