2017-18 lineup prediction (the Original Lineup Thread)

GASabresIUFAN

Ennis- ROR- Okposo

Landeskog- Eichel- Baptiste

Foligno- Bonino- Pomminstein

Girgensons , Larsson, Bailey

Beaulieu, Risto

McCabe, Dumba

Antipin, Bogo

Trade Kane to Colorado for Landeskog

Trade Fasching and Reinhart to Minn for Dumba and Pomminstein

So I missed on the some players but had the right team.  

I see Pomms filling in on third line RW to give us depth scoring and someone who can replace Gionta on PP and PK.

Would have preferred Dumba but Scandella will fit in nicely.

I think Bonino becomes main priority UFA.

So I missed on the some players but had the right team.  

I see Pomms filling in on third line RW to give us depth scoring and someone who can replace Gionta on PP and PK.

Would have preferred Dumba but Scandella will fit in nicely.

I think Bonino becomes main priority UFA.

If a 3rd line center is your main priority you are doing it wrong. 

Scandella-Ristolainen

McCabe-Bogosian

Beaulieu-Antipin

is my guess for d pairings. If Antipin proves he sticks and Bogo proves he stinks, then flip flop them. With all these lefties, it sure seems like Antipin will have to play his off side. But he has before for Russia with some success, right?

The additions of Scandella and Beaulieu to the left side probably ensure that Guhle stays down and develops the Pittsburgh way. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm going after Brian Boyle to help shift Dzone stuff of ROR and to bring back some of the toughness we lost with Foligno. I'd still trade Kane though, I don't trust he'll sign here for a reasonable price but at least now we aren't needing to find a Dman for him and we can open in up a bit more. Also I'm signing Chad Johnson 1yr 1.7mil like his last contract with the Flames.

But for now

Kane-ROR-Okposo

XXX-Eichel-Reinhart

Girgensons-Larsson-Pominville

Moulson-Boyle- XXX

Deslauriers

Maybe sign Vanek and Gionta to PTOs with the intention if some of the young guys can earn a spot we'd still have stop gaps for a year.

I'm going after Brian Boyle to help shift Dzone stuff of ROR and to bring back some of the toughness we lost with Foligno. I'd still trade Kane though, I don't trust he'll sign here for a reasonable price but at least now we aren't needing to find a Dman for him and we can open in up a bit more. Also I'm signing Chad Johnson 1yr 1.7mil like his last contract with the Flames.

But for now

Kane-ROR-Okposo

XXX-Eichel-Reinhart

Girgensons-Larsson-Pominville

Moulson-Boyle- XXX

Deslauriers

Maybe sign Vanek and Gionta to PTOs with the intention if some of the young guys can earn a spot we'd still have stop gaps for a year.

How do you propose getting either one to sign a tryout deal? :huh:

We still only have one first-pair d-man.

But we now have six (Beaulieu, Antipin, Scandella, Bogosian, McCabe and Guhle) who you can reasonably project on the second pair.

And they all can skate.

We've given Housley something to work with.

But we now have six (Beaulieu, Antipin, Scandella, Bogosian, McCabe and Guhle) who you can reasonably project on the second pair.

And they all can skate.

And we're down Carrier, Foligno, and a 3rd. 

Freaking solid.

And they all can skate.

I'm OK with the D-corps now...I don't think they need to force another move. To me, you can go into the season (at least training camp) with that group.

How do you propose getting either one to sign a tryout deal? :huh:

Vanek we'd need to sign, Gionta I feel he intends to play here or Rochester or retire. I don't believe he's willing live in a hotel away from his family a year to just play a year on a 4th line

Girgensons-O'Reilly-Okposo: all-situations matchup line

Vanek-Eichel-Baptiste: all the offense!

Kane-Reinhart-Pominville: secondary scoring line

Bailey-Larsson-Fasching

Scandella-Ristolainen

McCabe-Bogosian

Beaulieu-Antipin

Substitute some other UFA scorer (or Nylander!) for Vanek if you wish, or find an upgrade for Girgensons, but those are the lines of a playoff team. Find a way to upgrade Bogosian, and now we're really talking.

Bailey-Larsson-Fasching

Scandella-Ristolainen

McCabe-Bogosian

Beaulieu-Antipin

Substitute some other UFA scorer (or Nylander!) for Vanek if you wish, or find an upgrade for Girgensons, but those are the lines of a playoff team. Find a way to upgrade Bogosian, and now we're really talkin

Liking those lines

Bailey-Larsson-Fasching

Scandella-Ristolainen

McCabe-Bogosian

Beaulieu-Antipin

Substitute some other UFA scorer (or Nylander!) for Vanek if you wish, or find an upgrade for Girgensons, but those are the lines of a playoff team. Find a way to upgrade Bogosian, and now we're really talking.

gag.gif

Bailey-Larsson-Fasching

Scandella-Ristolainen

McCabe-Bogosian

Beaulieu-Antipin

Perfect.

Bailey-Larsson-Fasching

Scandella-Ristolainen

McCabe-Bogosian

Beaulieu-Antipin

Missing a Foligno type in there, and not sure if we can/should be counting on all three Rochester wings to start the season.

But I like.

Bailey-Larsson-Fasching

Scandella-Ristolainen

McCabe-Bogosian

Beaulieu-Antipin

Looks pretty good.  My concern is that some teams might take away our lunch money (the forwards are not very intimidating and no protection).  I know the league is going to speed and fighting is less and less a factor, but still.  Pittsburgh signed Reaves for a reason.  We old timers remember when speed lost to Philly brawn in the 74-75 Cup finals.

I don't think we are done yet. The pieces stil don't quite fit. I can see Girgensons or Larsson being trades for another LW. What role does Moulson play?

Also the 3rd D pairing suggestion of Baloo and Antipin, is a little scary defensively.

We just picked up a 4th liner, Jacob Josefson.

There has to be a trade coming I would think. We are forward heavy now. Unless bots sticks all of the kids in Rochester and press boxes a couple.

Anyone else see it this way?

Looks pretty good. My concern is that some teams might take away our lunch money (the forwards are not very intimidating and no protection). I know the league is going to speed and fighting is less and less a factor, but still. Pittsburgh signed Reaves for a reason. We old timers remember when speed lost to Philly brawn in the 74-75 Cup finals.

Kane, Bogo, Scandella all fight and if you are too worried Delauries is still on the team FWIW.

Presently staffed this is how I see it.

Kane-Eichel-Reinhart

Girgensons-ROR-Okposo

Pouliot-Larsson-Pominville

Moulson-Josefson-Gionta???

Des

Scandella-Risto

McCabe-Bogosian

Beaulieu-Antipin

Gorges

Lehner

Johnson

Kane wants on a scoring line on his contract year

Girgensons last chance at redemption with shortage at LW

Bogosian will be a different player without being completely miscast by DDB

The defense does look much stronger this year, not great but not a complete sieve

Edited by jsb

Looks pretty good. My concern is that some teams might take away our lunch money (the forwards are not very intimidating and no protection). I know the league is going to speed and fighting is less and less a factor, but still. Pittsburgh signed Reaves for a reason. We old timers remember when speed lost to Philly brawn in the 74-75 Cup finals.

Yea, their stars were obviously too scared to play well enough to win anything without him.