2017-18 lineup prediction (the Original Lineup Thread)

GASabresIUFAN

I think this board underestimates the contributions that Johan Larsson made to this team last year before being injured.

I'm going to be paying particular attention to Larsson this season. I didn't notice a ton that made me appreciate him last season, so I'm chalking that up to not focussing on him enough.

Zemgus with Eichel is something I think a lot of us want to see tried out.

I think Reinhart and Larsson might switch off center duty on that third line. It could work.

Yup.

Isn't it established that Larsson hasn't been a good winger? Much less on his off side. I don't he's slotted in as a RW at all.

• 1 month later...

* Jack Eichel starts off slow and the pundits point to the burden of his $10 million contract and the C at age 20 as a major reason why. His epic meltdown responding to Paul Hamilton after a 6-2 December loss at home to Florida breaks the internet.

* A rotating band including Griffin, Rodrigues, CJ Smith and Josefsen audition on Jack's RW, none for more than three games at a time as Housley searches for chemistry. Finally, Brian Gionta is coaxed out of retirement after Christmas to do the job.

*Matt Moulson however is stapled to Jack's left side. Housley preaches patience for the veteran despite numbers even lower than 15-16. Nylander fails to make the team out of camp and returns to Sweden, pouting.

* Ryan O'Reilly skates 26 minutes a night, most of them with the ghost of Jason Pominville attached to his right hip and the corpse of Benoit Pouliot tied to his left.

* After failing on Jack's right side, Rodrigues is annointed by Housley as the team's third-line centre. A disgruntled Larsson plays on his left side. A very quiet Sam Reinhart plays on his right as Housley tries to mould Sam's defensive game and demands more hitting.

* Kyle Okposo is declared physically unable to perform due to complications from his stint in the ICU.

* Evander Kane feuds with Housley, gets punched by Lehner in a locker room dust-up and is demoted to the fourth line. He eventually is traded to the Bruins for a second-rounder and Matt Belesky after he, Scandella and Beaulieu are caught in Montreal with hookers and blow.

* Baptiste, Bailey and Fasching fail to make the team. Josefson and Deslauriers are the main fourth liners with placid Girgensons functioning as the 13 forward.

* Risto gets injured and McCabe self-destructs from trying to do to much in Housley's attacking system. Antipin returns to Russia after Matt Tennyson beats him out for the seventh defenceman slot in camp. Josh Gorges plays on the first pair with Risto to start the season and with Jake in that role after 55 goes down.

* Bogo looks every inch a top-three draft pick until separating his shoulder in the 12th game. His return ends after three games with a torn meniscus before a rare viral infection ends his season for good.

* Robin Lehner is everything D4rk suspected.

I like team Sunshine and Kittens much better, don't you?

:unsure:

I suppose we should just make this the official lineup discussion thread so we're not posting lineups in multiple places?

Agreed. Amend the title

@JourdonLaBarber
New units on the power play as well:

Unit 1: Eichel-Kane-Pominville-O'Reilly-Ristolainen
Unit 2: Griffith-Okposo-Pouliot-Beaulieu-Tennyson

Reinhart completely taken off the PP
Edited by WildCard