PA was right: the Terry Pegula press conference thread.

dudacek

Pegula just has no flippin idea how to run sports teams in terms in regards to personnel and why should he, what qualifications does he have?

This is what baffles me about TP and him not bringing in the football and hockey "czars" to help him get things going the right direction.

This is what baffles me about TP and him not bringing in the football and hockey "czars" to help him get things going the right direction.

It's been hinted at before that the NHL provides a lot of guidance for this stuff. Perhaps they thought they were getting enough support. 

Still waiting on something of value to come from you. You are so redundant and critical but no answers. Anyone can do that.........buddy.

Your only posts on here are literally just whining and bitching about me. I'd bet you have more posts specifically about me than you do about the actual team

character, integrity, discipline.....nothing about finding a highly qualified, proven winner as a GM....as long as he's a good person....that's all that matters...screw winning

Not exactly how it went. He talked about winning and how they failed this season and it was important to win.

Don't know if it has been stated before, but PA was wrong.   He was right that TP is a fan/owner.

But PA also stated often that he was a meddling owner which he didn't do up till now, hell he even didn't choose the last GM and coach.

so let me say this clearly PA was wrong :p

I liked the general message Pegula presented today, but that might be fully the result of having low expectations. It was not the trainwreck I worried I'd see. He felt more like an owner than he has at any point before. I still worry that he's not the best equipped for finding the right people for these jobs, but I feel better about it than I did at 9am today.

I think this is a good take.

Also, I agree with the others that have said it's good to see you.

I hope you stick around.

Good lord, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm almost to the point where would almost welcome bringing Lindy back in some capacity (even if it's as coach) just to be a steadying hand. This organ-eye-zation seems even more adrift now than it did when LaLa was brought in.

I stand by my earlier statement: . Show.

Good lord, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm almost to the point where would almost welcome bringing Lindy back in some capacity (even if it's as coach) just to be a steadying hand. This organ-eye-zation seems even more adrift now than it did when LaLa was brought in.

I stand by my earlier statement: ######. Show.

@FortNeverlose
Who'll be fired first: #Isles Garth Snow or the next #Sabres GM?

Sad that that's a fair question

Your only posts on here are literally just whining and bitching about me. I'd bet you have more posts specifically about me than you do about the actual team

Okay, I will give it a try. Been a fan of Bills and Sabres since both teams inception. The Sabres were run for their existence financially strapped from almost this whole time. I think Tim Murray made some good moves and a few bad ones. Most GM's do. The team is, in my opinion, better than it's record and the firing of Bylsma was justified. The firing of Murray I think was the result of not easy to work with, possibly not well organized and poor communication and control. I disagree that Lombardi would be a bad hire but I'm not promoting him. If he's hired I think there is plenty to support it. The team needs to upgrade it's defense dramatically no matter. In closing, I'm confident that the decision makers with these franchises know more about football and hockey than I will ever know or anyone on this board knows. Sorry but snarky, negativity on this board by some is like cancer spreading throughout a body at times.

Edited by Radar

It was clear that Murray was not a good communicator.  He may be to the point when he is asked about things but he clearly does not want to take the time to engage in small talk.  The year prior to Bylsma he spoke of not communicating with Nolan.  He said straightaway that they don't talk.  Why?  Nolan wasn't a systems guy.  I think Murray is a strategy guy, he lives for it.  It's probably why he loves Bylsma.  They both only want to talk about hockey and strategies of hockey.  They aren't relationship builders.  So it's not a surprise if he didn't communicate with Pegula because he would be tied up with football AND he doesn't know hockey.

Murray is a great talent evaluator but I think it's becoming clear his best work is going to be sitting in the upper areas of a rink with his laptop/clipboard.  He said himself he didn't get to scout enough this year.  It would seem that running an organization that requires him to pay attention to details that he simply was not good at.

Bylsma clearly couldn't communicate with players and was only focused on strategy, game planning, etc.  

I'm not concerned about Pegula.  This is as I expected.  I've stated it elsewhere... he's learning to be an owner.  Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm.

Did the user name give it away?

*Googles "dudacek"*

Yes. Yes it did. I fully understood your joke.

:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't enjoy that press conference, I did manage to find a radio. I don't think Terry understands a thing about hockey, so hopefully he just falls back asswards into a good GM hire and lets that guy pick the coach. I also hope the GM is a Satanist. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

It was clear that Murray was not a good communicator. He may be to the point when he is asked about things but he clearly does not want to take the time to engage in small talk. The year prior to Bylsma he spoke of not communicating with Nolan. He said straightaway that they don't talk. Why? Nolan wasn't a systems guy. I think Murray is a strategy guy, he lives for it. It's probably why he loves Bylsma. They both only want to talk about hockey and strategies of hockey. They aren't relationship builders. So it's not a surprise if he didn't communicate with Pegula because he would be tied up with football AND he doesn't know hockey.

Murray is a great talent evaluator but I think it's becoming clear his best work is going to be sitting in the upper areas of a rink with his laptop/clipboard. He said himself he didn't get to scout enough this year. It would seem that running an organization that requires him to pay attention to details that he simply was not good at.

Bylsma clearly couldn't communicate with players and was only focused on strategy, game planning, etc.

I'm not concerned about Pegula. This is as I expected. I've stated it elsewhere... he's learning to be an owner. Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm.

I was a fan of Murray, but I am starting to warm to this. Edited by dudacek

*Googles "dudacek"*

Yes. Yes it did. I fully understood your joke.

:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't enjoy that press conference, I did manage to find a radio. I don't think Terry understands a thing about hockey, so hopefully he just falls back asswards into a good GM hire and lets that guy pick the coach. I also hope the GM is a Satanist. 

:lol:

Okay, I will give it a try. Been a fan of Bills and Sabres since both teams inception. The Sabres were run for their existence financially strapped from almost this whole time. I think Tim Murray made some good moves and a few bad ones. Most GM's do. The team is, in my opinion, better than it's record and the firing of Bylsma was justified. The firing of Murray I think was the result of not easy to work with, possibly not well organized and poor communication and control. I disagree that Lombardi would be a bad hire but I'm not promoting him. If he's hired I think there is plenty to support it. The team needs to upgrade it's defense dramatically no matter. In closing, I'm confident that the decision makers with these franchises know more about football and hockey than I will ever know or anyone on this board knows. Sorry but snarky, negativity on this board by some is like cancer spreading throughout a body at times.

See, I agree with most of those things, though I don't want Lombardi. Good thoughts

But, this is the point of this forum. To discuss, debate, and basically have conversations about being fantasy owners and GMs. 

The board isn't snarky when we're good, fwiw

I like it

Don't know if it has been stated before, but PA was wrong.   He was right that TP is a fan/owner.

But PA also stated often that he was a meddling owner which he didn't do up till now, hell he even didn't choose the last GM and coach.

so let me say this clearly PA was wrong :P

I agree that PA was wrong, but to be fair, TP's words today are evidence that PA was wrong only if you believe TP's words.

FWIW, Theo Epstein is a big 'character' guy too. He places a ton of emphasis on it for his players and his front office; you want dedicated people, people who not only will do the right things, but create a good, fun culture, and love what they do. 

Know who else preaches that? The Patriots. Their entire model is getting guys who simply just love football for the game and competition, not the fame and money. 

So, maybe Pegula has something here. Who knows. But if Epstein believes it, so do I

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.