PA was right: the Terry Pegula press conference thread.

dudacek

Mark Spector. Who is a putz.

The timing was weird anyways. I'm going to dismiss that report then

Well, that press conference reaffirms my fears of being a good ol', hardworking, blue collar team that works 60 hours a week and goes to church on Sundays.

Character? Pffft. Give me a break with that garbage

What a waste of ###### time.

Tim Murray wasn't an impeccably groomed god-fearing font of righteousness.

Dan Bylsma was too soft-spoken and milquetoast.

I knew it! I've been calling people this lately and everyone thinks I'm insane. But I knew I had heard it before

Questions not asked that I would have.

"Did you have any discussions with players?"

"Explain why you and your wife spoke to Tim Murray separately?  How does Kim's input go into the decision process?"

"Months back the Sabres organization surveyed season ticket holders and among the questions asked was how likely are you to renew. Did those answers stem, even in a small way, the decision to make a change?"

I actually thought that was pretty candid interview on Terry's part given some of the weird questions our media asks. 

Sounds like he feels like he got played with the PLF thing and was looking to reset completely. 

The lack of discipline thing is I think a characteristic of the entire organization based on some run-ins I've had with other parts of PSE. 

I think there's more to this whole thing than just Murray/Bylsma being bad employees. I think PSE, in its effort to grow quickly, ended up with a lot of problematic people. I would assume there's some similar changes coming to PSE as well. 

This was basically Pegula dissembling and spouting verbal diarrhea.  We learned next to nothing.  

There were only a couple good questions - and he basically wouldn't answer them - like - less than a year ago he gave Murray a costly extension contract -  what had changed?  Pegula wouldn't speak to specifics on anything; just 'character' - yeah, that could be any and everything!

The rest of the questions were ineptly conceived, I thought.   I didn't hear these questions; 

Who was responsible for Bylma's hire?  Murray or Pegula? - I've yet to see it asked or answered.

WHO is leading the search for GM?  Is that person or persons selected?  If not, why fire them now?

What will Russ Brandon's role as President of the Club be in the search?  How do Brandon's role and responsibilities contrast with Shanahan's role in rebuilding the Maple Leafs?

No guarantee he'd answer them - but c'mon - at least ask some GOOD questions - these are sports media guys - and they had a day to prepare.    

First, to the first post in the thread:  That didn't look like a fan up there.  That looked like an owner, although certainly one who is uncomfortable in front of a camera.

Lombardi already interviewed by Buffalo per WGR

WGR is now 0-for-2 in the last three days.

NOT involved in the hiring of the GM and/or coach?!?

Correct; that was why LaFontaine was here.

Character, gotta have it.
My take: last summer's Evander Kane issue stuck in Pegulas craw.

I think Kane is as good as gone, now.

Questions not asked that I would have.

"Did you have any discussions with players?"

"Explain why you and your wife spoke to Tim Murray separately?  How does Kim's input go into the decision process?"

"Months back the Sabres organization surveyed season ticket holders and among the questions asked was how likely are you to renew. Did those answers stem, even in a small way, the decision to make a change?"

That one wasn't asked because he stated that he did talk with players in response to another question.

Doesn't sound like a hockey president is forthcoming. Sounds like just a GM and then Coach. 

Well, he said build a stronger organization, top to bottom -- that likely means more than just a GM.

Character, gotta have it.

My take: last summer's Evander Kane issue stuck in Pegulas craw.

Interesting.

Pegula on how he reached the decision to let them go was a bumbled mess of an answer involving something about communication, discipline, structure, and character... it was just some kind of weird answer.

We have to have character.

Must not have liked Tim Murray's way of doing things.

Yes -- it sounds like the team just seemed like a train wreck to him and that FGMTM and DDB were not keeping things shipshape.

What a waste of ###### time.

Tim Murray wasn't an impeccably groomed god-fearing font of righteousness.

Dan Bylsma was too soft-spoken and milquetoast.

Not sure what the basis for this is.

Separately:  with all of the emphasis on character, I wonder whether RB might get shown the door at some point this summer?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.