PA was right: the Terry Pegula press conference thread.

dudacek

Questions not asked that I would have.

"Did you have any discussions with players?"

"Explain why you and your wife spoke to Tim Murray separately? How does Kim's input go into the decision process?"

"Months back the Sabres organization surveyed season ticket holders and among the questions asked was how likely are you to renew. Did those answers stem, even in a small way, the decision to make a change?"

I thought he said that he did have discussions with players.

It sounded like together they spoke to Bylsma and Murray separately is what he meant.

The timing was weird anyways. I'm going to dismiss that report then

Well, that press conference reaffirms my fears of being a good ol', hardworking, blue collar team that works 60 hours a week and goes to church on Sundays.

Character? Pffft. Give me a break with that garbage

Guessing Murray's potty mouth pissed off TPegs and Murray's way of communicating was too much I am the new kid on the block this is my sandbox bullying. I can see TPegs getting pissed at his arrogance especially towards players. TPegs hinted at it with new young players being complicated.

"Explain why you and your wife spoke to Tim Murray separately?  How does Kim's input go into the decision process?"

Kim Pegula spoke to Murray separately?  Really?  I hadn't read this - I wonder why?  She brings nothing to the table at all - hockey was always Terry's thing anyway.  

The skuttlebutt is, however, that she and her inner circle were involved in LaFontaine's departure.   

This was basically Pegula dissembling and spouting verbal diarrhea.  We learned next to nothing.  

There were only a couple good questions - and he basically wouldn't answer them - like - less than a year ago he gave Murray a costly extension contract -  what had changed?  Pegula wouldn't speak to specifics on anything; just 'character' - yeah, that could be any and everything!

The rest of the questions were ineptly conceived, I thought.   I didn't hear these questions; 

Who was responsible for Bylma's hire?  Murray or Pegula? - I've yet to see it asked or answered.

WHO is leading the search for GM?  Is that person or persons selected?  If not, why fire them now?

What will Russ Brandon's role as President of the Club be in the search?  How do Brandon's role and responsibilities contrast with Shanahan's role in rebuilding the Maple Leafs?

No guarantee he'd answer them - but c'mon - at least ask some GOOD questions - these are sports media guys - and they had a day to prepare.    

You forget where you are

Kim Pegula spoke to Murray separately?  Really?  I hadn't read this - I wonder why?  She brings nothing to the table at all - hockey was always Terry's thing anyway.  

The skuttlebutt is, however, that she and her inner circle were involved in LaFontaine's departure.

PTR misunderstood. He meant he spoke to TM and DB separately.

I think Kane is as good as gone, now.

If that's the logic, and what he's hinting at with his 'character' talking point,  then Terrance Pegula wouldn't retain PATRICK Kane, either. Which would be tantamount to insanity.  

LEAVE THOSE DECISIONS to the hockey people, Terry.  And don't fire the hockey people because they don't YES MAN you on issues unrelated to on-ice performance.  

IF this is Pegula's rational, this team is going NOWHERE!  Seriously

Sooo.....I know as much now as I did at 9:55 this morning, other than the false report about Lombardi.

Yeah - if it is false.  I don't know, despite all his talk of 'character' - how much I trust Pegula

It's like with Eichel - a report surfaces that Eichel is pushing for Bylsma to be fired - a day later - Bylsma is fired.   And we're all supposed to believe - "Oh, it's just a coincidence."

Maybe it is?  But much like Ryan's firing, it was mishandled.    

If that's the logic, and what he's hinting at with his 'character' talking point, then Terrance Pegula wouldn't retain PATRICK Kane, either. Which would be tantamount to insanity.

LEAVE THOSE DECISIONS to the hockey people, Terry. And don't fire the hockey people because they don't YES MAN you on issues unrelated to on-ice performance.

IF this is Pegula's rational, this team is going NOWHERE! Seriously

The leadership needs to possess those qualities, not necessarily all thr players.... thats the way it sounded to me.

Question, did anyone ask about if tpegs will hire a POHO/ hockey czar? Missed the press conference.

Didn't sound like it, Pegula was upset about the lack of communication and structure, so I doubt he would want to distance himself further by hiring another employee between him and GM/Coach.

He was asked if he would go back to the Lafontaine model and he said no. I would guess that means a hockey pres is unlikely.

Also confirms my feeling that he didn't like anything that came from that process.

The leadership needs to possess those qualities, not necessarily all thr players.... thats the way it sounded to me.

Yup. That's how I took it. Quite frankly, this is pro sports. You can't expect that from every player and build a winning team. You're going to need guys who are talented and also basket cases. That's life.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.