• Gilman
    • Botterill
    • Brisebois
    • Regier
    • Sabertooth
    • Pegula
    • Someone on SabreSpace
    • Guerin

That's my point. He wasn't a cup winner back then.

I want to hire a guy where Lombardi was a dozen years ago.

So you want to hire a guy that's been an NHL GM for 6+ years & had been in front offices for over a dozen but HASN'T assembled a SC winner? :huh:

If we go with a rookie GM again, then we need an experienced guiding hand to watch over him.

I like the idea of Paul Fenton. Preds GM Piole, who I think is one of the best in the business, has said Fenton has been ready for years. Just found a ESPN article from 2013 suggesting Fenton as ready.

However as we have seen with TM, rookie GM's aren't always good at cap management or asset management. I love the idea of Rick Dudley coming in as a mentor to a rookie GM. I don't want Lombardi or Shero for that matter. Dudley has a great deal of GM experience and has been part of organizations, like TB and Chicago, that were successfully rebuilding.

If we go with a rookie GM again, then we need an experienced guiding hand to watch over him.

I like the idea of Paul Fenton. Preds GM Piole, who I think is one of the best in the business, has said Fenton has been ready for years. Just found a ESPN article from 2013 suggesting Fenton as ready.

However as we have seen with TM, rookie GM's aren't always good at cap management or asset management. I love the idea of Rick Dudley coming in as a mentor to a rookie GM. I don't want Lombardi or Shero for that matter. Dudley has a great deal of GM experience and has been part of organizations, like TB and Chicago, that were successfully rebuilding.

Link or quotes from?

Two ways this can go:

1) the new GM makes the tweaks we hoped Murray would make (firing Dan, adding puck moving D) and we play to our potential as a playoff bubble team.

2) the new GM decides he doesn't like Murray's core and guys like Kane, Reinhart, Risto and Nylander are shipped out in favour of players he does like in a mini-rebuild.

I'd say two is more likely and we will have to attach our hopes and dreams to a new group of players with more delayed gratification for the fans.

A few of you will say better now than later, but I am more depressed than I have been since Lindy and Darcy were clinging to a core we all knew wasn't good enough.

Edited by dudacek

Link or quotes from?

http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22084/assistant-gms-ready-to-take-next-step

This is from LeBrun:

4. Paul Fenton, Nashville Predators: A day-oner with the Preds' franchise, Fenton was director of player personnel for the first eight years before being elevated to assistant GM in June 2006. Nashville GM David Poile has told me several times over the past few years that he believes Fenton has what it takes to be a good GM, and I wholeheartedly concur. Let's face it: Fenton has been front and center in the organization's drafting and developing of players, and if there's a team that relies heavily on developing its own talent, it's the Predators, who haven't had the luxury to spend like the big boys. They do things the right way and they don't rush talent. Fenton, 53, clearly has an eye for identifying and developing talent, and he'd make a fine GM.

Two ways this can go:

1) the new GM makes the tweaks we hoped Murray would make (firing Dan, adding puck moving D) and we play to our potential as a playoff bubble team.

2) the new GM decides he doesn't like Murray's core and guys like Kane, Reinhart, Risto and Nylander are shipped out in favour of players he does like in a mini-rebuild.

I'd say two is more likely and we will have to attach our hopes and dreams to a new group of players with more delayed gratification for the fans.

A few of you will say better now than later, but I am less hopeful than I have been since Lindy and Darcy were clinging to a core we all knew wasn't good enough.

It has to be option 1, at least for next season. No GM is parting with Risto and Jack, we can't part with KO and I don't think he'll want to move ROR. McCabe stays because he is on a value contract. The new GM will retain Lehner, at least on a bridge deal. Now I have hope that the D will be cleared out and that proper asset and cap management will be done. Nylander is just a kid, it's way to ealry to part with someome so talented. Hopefully he'll be allowed to develop properly now. I think the real question is Reinhart and Kane.

I want a gm that doesn't trade away our assets, a gm that lets the young guys develop that we drafted the last two years.

And we really drafted some good young guys in later rounds.

2015 Guhle, Estephan, Borgen, Stephens.   I think Stephens and Estephan will be in Rochester next year.

2016 Asplund and Pu might make our bottom 6 better , Fitzgerald and Hagel also doing well.

10 players in the last two drafts that have a reasonable shot at making the NHL, I hope the new GM will just let them develop.

Guess Fenton of Nashville is my #1 choice.

Edited by Huckleberry

I want a gm that doesn't trade away our assets, a gm that lets the young guys develop that we drafted the last two years.

And we really drafted some good young guys in later rounds.

2015 Guhle, Estephan, Borgen, Stephens.   I think Stephens and Estephan will be in Rochester next year.

2016 Asplund and Pu might make our bottom 6 better , Fitzgerald and Hagel also doing well.

10 players in the last two drafts that have a reasonable shot at making the NHL, I hope the new GM will just let them develop.

Guess Fenton of Nashville is my #1 choice.

Fenton and Housley might be at the top of my list.

Lombardi and Sutter. 90% likely would be my guess

Barf. Pegula chasing names again if that happens.

If Chris ###### Drury becomes our GM I'm going to lose it

I like Drury. He led us in our best days, maybe he can do it again. Everyone always commented on how smart and savvy he is.

Drury for GM, Briere as his Assistant, Dumont as Head Coach.  :ph34r:

Miller as goalie coach and Roy in charge of hospitality?

I like Drury. He led us in our best days, maybe he can do it again. Everyone always commented on how smart and savvy he is.

Miller as goalie coach and Roy in charge of hospitality?

Biron as GT coach, Miller is still in the league. 

Today was s bad day for Robin Lehner, I can't see another GM keeping him around.

Why??

I seriously might flip out if Lombardi and Sutter are both brought in.

Sorry man, but I'm about 80% sure that it's going to happen. It's right in line with a Pegula move. Expect 5 year contracts for both, and them to be relieved in 3 years