• Gilman
    • Botterill
    • Brisebois
    • Regier
    • Sabertooth
    • Pegula
    • Someone on SabreSpace
    • Guerin

Guys.... Clearly we're upgrading our sugar packets, to the fancy sugar in the raw for new GMJB.

I can't recall - did the forum refer to Regier  as GMDR?    I don't remember seeing it.

Or did it start with Murray because it had a nice ring to it?

GMJB.... meh - just seems flat.  

I can't recall - did the forum refer to Regier  as GMDR?    I don't remember seeing it.

Or did it start with Murray because it had a nice ring to it?

GMJB.... meh - just seems flat.  

DR has always been DR and will always be.  The GM was a given with him.

I like the sound of JB.

So is it gonna be Botterill or not?

We'll know when they announce it obviously.  There is no time table though I would expect it by mid next week at the latest.  The longer it goes, the shorter the window will be to get a coaching staff, and scouting staff in place for the draft.

We'll know when they announce it obviously. There is no time table though I would expect it by mid next week at the latest. The longer it goes, the shorter the window will be to get a coaching staff, and scouting staff in place for the draft.

We already have a scouting staff in place.

Why yes, I believe we can...if he proves to be dull to listen to. I formally move to nickname him Roboterril. Anyone care to second the motion?

Now I hope this comes to be, of course the most catchy thing I ever come up with on here (and this is a stretch too) is after 8 viking saisons and 4 Icelandic bacon dogs

Figured they would have at least be down to two candidates by now.  

If I have to believe the rumours they like Botteril, Guerin and conroy.

I think the decision has been made.

Pegulas just fired the Bills scouting staff but not the Sabres? What are they waiting for? How long has it been since they fired someone?

The replacement of the scouting staff will happen in July, they need them for the draft.

Pegulas just fired the Bills scouting staff but not the Sabres? What are they waiting for? How long has it been since they fired someone?

They may very well get the axe post-draft too. If I was them, I'd be very concerned.

The replacement of the scouting staff will happen in July, they need them for the draft.

Some may but most will be retained. It's a lot of work to fire a group that big and rehire them. Also, our draft team has done it's job. You don't get Guhle and Pu with a bad a group of guys. You also should note that our draft took as many defenders as they could in rounds 4-7 which is where I think they had the most control.

Also Kevin Devine is still here and is a good guy from what I can tell. He got us Ristolainen and McCabe.

A first time gm firing the scouting staff on mass shows insecurity, not leadership.

Some may but most will be retained. It's a lot of work to fire a group that big and rehire them. Also, our draft team has done it's job. You don't get Guhle and Pu with a bad a group of guys. You also should note that our draft took as many defenders as they could in rounds 4-7 which is where I think they had the most control.

Also Kevin Devine is still here and is a good guy from what I can tell. He got us Ristolainen and McCabe.

A first time gm firing the scouting staff on mass shows insecurity, not leadership.

And yet a first-time owner firing Ruff and Regier on Day One (or more fairly after that season) would have shown leadership, looking at it in hindsight. He then could have done what's he doing now. He wasted six years. This franchise needs a clean sweep. I don't want to saddle Mr. Robotterill with Kevin Devine, Rip Simonick and a bunch of other hangers-on. Even if it's one step back to take two steps forward, let the new regime have their own people.

Edited by PASabreFan

And yet a first-time owner firing Ruff and Regier on Day One (or more fairly after that season) would have shown leadership, looking at it in hindsight. He then could have done what's he doing now. He wasted six years. This franchise needs a clean sweep. I don't want to saddle Mr. Robotterill with Kevin Devine, Rip Simonick and a bunch of other hangers-on. Even if it's one step back to take two steps forward, let the new regime have their own people.

We aren't talking Pegulas. We are talking about the new GM. Many of these people are professionals, not hanger on. You have a thread devoted to the sweep idea. It's short sighted and ignored good work ppl have done. I am sure the new gm will fire ppl. He should. But he should also evaluate people and keep the good ones.

We aren't talking Pegulas. We are talking about the new GM. Many of these people are professionals, not hanger on. You have a thread devoted to the sweep idea. It's short sighted and ignored good work ppl have done. I am sure the new gm will fire ppl. He should. But he should also evaluate people and keep the good ones.

That's fair. The other approach can also be defended. What are we hanging onto? The Sabres' glorious past?

That's fair. The other approach can also be defended. What are we hanging onto? The Sabres' glorious past?

True. I think several middle guys need to be gone. Depends on what they have been doing. Rip Simmonick doesn't matter impo. But some of those trainers or scouts who have been here a long time and aren't having positive impacts, they can go. The Bottenator can and should review everything and everyone. Im glad he gets to bring in a new head pro and ameteur scout without having to fire the ones first. That helps.

Good people who have done a good job in the past?

It's not really about competence to me. It's about the culture you are trying to change. Anyone can sharpen a skate (well, not anyone, but you know what I mean). I'd worry about what that equipment manager (or trainer, or doctor, or massage therapist, or PR handler) is contributing to the atmosphere and vibe of the room, what they're putting in players' ears, what politics they're playing, what they're leaking to the media. If I were a new GM, I'd be pretty paranoid, almost Nixonian. Just to be safe, I'd clean house.