• Gilman
    • Botterill
    • Brisebois
    • Regier
    • Sabertooth
    • Pegula
    • Someone on SabreSpace
    • Guerin

Andrew Peters (on the radio): We now interrupt our show to go live to the Pegula press-conference, where he is expected to announce Jason Botterill as the new General Manager of the Sabres

*At Pegula presser. Pegulas, Botterill, Brandon on the dais.*

T-Pegs: Thank you all for coming. We've done extensive work over the last few weeks, interviewing numerous candidates. We would like to announce our new GM. He's a great young hockey mind. We think our fans will be very excited about the future of our team. I before I bring him up here to answer your questions I'd just like to say....this one's for you, Wildcard.

*Dangerous by Big Data starts playing*

Peters: BAH GAWD, THAT'S KYLE DUBAS'S MUSIC

*Dubas runs out from behind the curtain wearing a shirt that says "SAFE CHOICE" and nails Botterill with a folding chair*

Dubas, grabbing the mic: ANALYTICS, BITCH

Andrew Peters (on the radio): We now interrupt our show to go live to the Pegula press-conference, where he is expected to announce Jason Botterill as the new General Manager of the Sabres

T-Pegs: Thank you all for coming. We've done extensive work over the last few weeks, interviewing numerous candidates. We would like to announce our new GM. He's a great young hockey mind. We think our fans will be very excited about the future of our team. I before I bring him up here to answer your questions I'd just like to say....this one's for you, Wildcard.

*Dubas runs out from behind the curtain wearing a shirt that says "SAFE CHOICE" and nails Botterill with a folding chair*

I might make this my new signature. This is just amazing :lol: :lol: 

The bold had me in tears 

:unsure:

Do I need to follow men who grope one another in speedos to understand this?

:unsure:

Do I need to follow men who grope one another in speedos to understand this?

Probably not, but doing so might take the edge off, you have been awfully grumpy lately 

How can you not be happy after reading that piece. This guy seems to have it all no?

Of course it makes us happy. Because the fix is in. Botterill's our man, I'm now convinced. Beware the TBN Jinx. Anyone remember the wonderful piece Bucky did on Bylsma. Even went out to Michigan to get the whole story firsthand.

Nice article from Hoppe on Botterill: http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/former-teammate-jason-botterill-give-sabres-gm-right-traits/

I'm still sick of always pulling from the Pittsburgh well, and he remains utterly boring to me...but his credentials are undeniably top notch.

This is what it comes down to. Murray was fun, entertaining and in your face. That's what was his attraction for the most part. Unfortunately I don't think that's what builds organizations. I'm not sure how Botterill will do if hired but I have no doubt his resume is impressive. I want a team built to entertain me not a GM to entertain me.

Nice article from Hoppe on Botterill: http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/former-teammate-jason-botterill-give-sabres-gm-right-traits/

I'm still sick of always pulling from the Pittsburgh well, and he remains utterly boring to me...but his credentials are undeniably top notch.

The one reason I'm starting to favor Botterill a bit is because it seems weird that Fenton keeps getting passed over.

The one reason I'm starting to favor Botterill a bit is because it seems weird that Fenton keeps getting passed over.

Thought I read something about Fenton having an abrasive personality but not sure. I think Botterill has the top credentials in any case.

This is what it comes down to. Murray was fun, entertaining and in your face. That's what was his attraction for the most part. Unfortunately I don't think that's what builds organizations. I'm not sure how Botterill will do if hired but I have no doubt his resume is impressive. I want a team built to entertain me not a GM to entertain me.

Murray did a bit more than entertain you in a press conference. 

I think Murray put everything he had into making this team a winner.  A well connected man in hockey that I'll always respect for his efforts.

Obviously every move he made didn't work out but I don't think we got the short end of any trades.  Heck he got so far as to be able to make an offer to Stamkos.  He pursued Vesey, Drouin and Antipin. 

I didn't like his goalie decisions, Moulson and Ennis extensions, and Bylsma was a flop. 

What an active and creative GM he was - far beyond just a fun sound bite. 

Ok, I feel better.

Took me a minute. Well done :lol:

Took me... hours.  I just it. I was looking on the wing, like in that classic Twilight Zone episode.

Murray did a bit more than entertain you in a press conference. 

I think Murray put everything he had into making this team a winner.  A well connected man in hockey that I'll always respect for his efforts.

Obviously every move he made didn't work out but I don't think we got the short end of any trades.  Heck he got so far as to be able to make an offer to Stamkos.  He pursued Vesey, Drouin and Antipin. 

I didn't like his goalie decisions, Moulson and Ennis extensions, and Bylsma was a flop. 

What an active and creative GM he was - far beyond just a fun sound bite. 

Ok, I feel better.

What does Terry think Murray did wrong? We don't deserve to know. He doesn't want to talk about the past, unless he's throwing LaFontaine and Murray under the bus to try and save face.