Sabres 2018 winter classic

FLYNNSanity

It's a little strange that it is the day after USA vs Canada outdoors in Buffalo though. Why not just have the game in Buffalo?

I was thinking the same thing.   If you're going to bother doing all the work to setup an outdoor venue at New Era Field, why not use it for an NHL game too?

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/15/sabres-intrigued-reported-winter-classic-matchup-rangers/

It seems that the WJC outdoor game is actually a hindrance to Winter Classic being played in Buffalo.

It's not believed that the facility can turnover to host two 70,000 plus people events in such a short window.

Maybe not for the Rangers. But imagine Sabres-Leafs on the heels of US-Canada? It'd sell. Easy.

I just think it's great the Sabres will be in the Winter Classic a second time. May seem pointless to some hockey fans, but many would enjoy having their team in the game. For the Sabres to have their second appearance is very exciting. Place of play isn't going to have an effect on me.

Edited by GoPre

I just think it's great the Sabres will be in the Winter Classic a second time. May seem pointless to some hockey fans, but many would enjoy having their team in the game. For the Sabres to have their second appearance is very exciting. Place of play isn't going to have an effect on me.

Totally agree. And a great chance for Jack to play on national TV.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.