Sabres 2018 winter classic

FLYNNSanity

I think they knew they'd be ticking off the traditional fan, but the idea of the game is to sell hockey to everyone else. I didn't hate it as much by the third period.

They used it much more like a football primary sideline camera by the 3rd period. In the 1st, it was a bad video game - especially w/ the shadows.

The whole NY centric agenda being forced down our throats was pretty annoying. Not sure if anyone associated with the NHL understands how little Buffalo identifies with anything NY. It may as well be another country. Maybe I'm in the minority but as a western New Yorker I loathe most things NYC, this game just feels like an abomination.

The whole NY centric agenda being forced down our throats was pretty annoying. Not sure if anyone associated with the NHL understands how little Buffalo identifies with anything NY. It may as well be another country. Maybe I'm in the minority but as a western New Yorker I loathe most things NYC, this game just feels like an abomination.

I'm right with you.

I'm right with you.

Me, too.  Fun place to visit every few years, but not someplace I want to associate with on a day-to-day basis.

I made a list in another thread, but there are several states that are entirely closer to NYC than Buffalo, a bunch more that are mostly closer and a few more that are partially closer.  So many cities are significantly closer.

Which for an occassional shot or a replay is fine. There's a reason they don't show an entire football game from that ####ing thing.

My guess is due to the crappy sightlines of playing hockey in a baseball stadium, there wasn't a better location to shoot from without putting a 30' tower at home plate.

My guess is due to the crappy sightlines of playing hockey in a baseball stadium, there wasn't a better location to shoot from without putting a 30' tower at home plate.

So, don't play the game in a ####ing baseball stadium. IF ONLY they knew where they could find a football field with enough seating capacity AND a wiilingness to put a sheet of ice down during the NFL season that was w/in the 7 hour driving range that is apparently the "home" team's market. <_<

This is something like the 25th outdoor game they've played in a baseball stadium. The broadcasts for all of the other 24 or so weren't some producion director playing X Box. (A couple may have been, normally avoid the random outdoor games like the plague so not positive for all, but definitely several weren't.) And if the shadows were that much of a problem, how about ####ing planning for that ahead of time? Seriously, they didn't know it would possibly be sunny at 1PM? Have they never, even casually, watched a Mets game to get an idea of what shadowing could/would be expected? /rant

Edited by Taro T

All they needed to do was start the game later... Its a winter sun, so shadows different than during baseball season. They put the rink too far out and couldve brought it closer to home plate. Mets organization including ticket sales for this one was all messed up. No wonder the Mets stink... the Wilpons are classless owners all the way around and get panned on the radio all the time as screw ups. Still fun to watch in person but they’re fin nuts if they think Ill ever go to another Mets game until a new ownership group takes over. Was raised a Mets fan b/c of Grandmother... so really sad to say this.

Edited by Kottbullar

So, don't play the game in a ####ing baseball stadium. IF ONLY they knew where they could find a football field with enough seating capacity AND a wiilingness to put a sheet of ice down during the NFL season that was w/in the 7 hour driving range that is apparently the "home" team's market. <_<

This is something like the 25th outdoor game they've played in a baseball stadium. The broadcasts for all of the other 24 or so weren't some producion director playing X Box. (A couple may have been, normally avoid the random outdoor games like the plague so not positive for all, but definitely several weren't.) And if the shadows were that much of a problem, how about ####ing planning for that ahead of time? Seriously, they didn't know it would possibly be sunny at 1PM? Have they never, even casually, watched a Mets game to get an idea of what shadowing could/would be expected? /rant

I'm coming to a theory that they play in baseball stadiums a lot because the league is worried that some (many?) cities wouldn't fill an 80,000 seat stadium. That's all I got, other than perhaps other city's football locations are less desperate and turn the league down. Of course, in the NYC area, the stadium is in use every week (by necessity) so if they're going to keep catering to the market they don't have any other options.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.