Sabres 2018 winter classic

FLYNNSanity

So I just got word tickets go on sale in advance for mets season ticket holders to this game next monday via email to one of our docs. He will take two and said usually the max is either 8 or sixteen. I said id take whatever the max is over those two. Will let you know cost and if it comes to fruition.

Edited by North Buffalo

So I just got word tickets go on sale in advance for mets season ticket holders to this game next monday via email to one of our docs. He will take two and said usually the max is either 8 or sixteen. I said id take whatever the max is over those two. Will let you know cost and if it comes to fruition.

Thanks man I'm definitly interested . I only need one ticket for me.

Since this is technically a Sabres home game, shouldn't Sabres season ticket holders get first crack at tickets?

1. Sabres Season holders

2. Rangers Season Holders

3. Mets Season Holders

4. General Public

There may be some fine print in Mets season holder contracts that says they get pre-sale access to all events at CITI, but other than that scenario, there's a good argument for Sabres season ticket holders to get in on this early.

Since this is technically a Sabres home game, shouldn't Sabres season ticket holders get first crack at tickets?

1. Sabres Season holders

3. Mets Season Holders

4. General Public

There may be some fine print in Mets season holder contracts that says they get pre-sale access to all events at CITI, but other than that scenario, there's a good argument for Sabres season ticket holders to get in on this early.

Absolutely, not saying its fair, just taking advantage of what is out there. You make too much sense.

1. Sabres Season holders

3. Mets Season Holders

4. General Public

Yes, technically a home game. But I get the feeling the Sabres will be lucky to keep their last line change rights in the game itself, let alone the NHL giving a rat's ass about Sabres season ticket holders. 

But maybe I'm overly pessimistic on this. I mean, they did win the spinning wheel for Perreault back in 1970.

1. Sabres Season holders

3. Mets Season Holders

4. General Public

I don't really care what they do with Rangers and season ticket holders, but Sabres season ticket holders had better have first crack.  One-to-one seat ratio is fine; I don't think we should be able to buy them all up and resell them, but we absolutely should be able to go, and have our first choice of seats, if we want.

I don't really care what they do with Rangers and ###### season ticket holders, but Sabres season ticket holders had better have first crack.  One-to-one seat ratio is fine; I don't think we should be able to buy them all up and resell them, but we absolutely should be able to go, and have our first choice of seats, if we want.

Yep.

But, thanks, Russ. <_<

So far one doc has secured 6 seats for me, hes working on more... will know more by next wednesday.... Im taking two and two folks have PMd me.  I have my wife working on another Doc will keep people updated... let me know if so I can keep making requests.

So far one doc has secured 6 seats for me, hes working on more... will know more by next wednesday.... Im taking two and two folks have PMd me. I have my wife working on another Doc will keep people updated... let me know if so I can keep making requests.

You are the man! ☺

If any Sabres STHs have the ability to get good seats for this and are interested in helping out fellow SSers, please speak up.  I know I'm interested.

Thanks.

PM me so i can put you on the list.

hes hoping to get me another 6-8 seats. Will let you know.

And again my wife has access to and Im asking around.

If any Sabres STHs have the ability to get good seats for this and are interested in helping out fellow SSers, please speak up.  I know I'm interested.

Thanks.

Our letter said we have a shot at them but not included in STH package.

Does it really work that way? I.e. the league determines where MSG can broadcast Rangers (or Islanders) vs. Sabres games, or what MSG channels DirectTV or the cable company chooses to carry for each package offered to consumers? I live 3 hours from Buffalo and 4 from NYC and get all the Rangers and the Sabres games without any special sports packages.  If I switch providers that may no longer be true.  

If you mean the definition of "in market" vs. "out of market" for NHL game packages (on DirectTV or online) then maybe that is by fiat of the NHL. BuI I have to believe they are drawing the lines to maximize revenue there as well, as opposed to 'fairness'. 

My experience (granted it was a long time ago) was that once you hit Albany the Sabres/Rangers mix starts to tilt towards the Rangers, but Syracuse/Binghamton is still more Sabres area.  I'm sure this is all known in some great detail by somebody at Google or FaceBook. 

On a side note, Binghamton had the B-Rags years ago so it was a mix of Sabres and Rangers fans. Bingo is halfway between NYC and Buffalo, so that would make sense anyway. There are a lot of Ott'wa fans now with the B-Sens having been there for a number of years. Empire Sports was on my cable package and in-market so I could catch all the games.

Edited by MattPie

It's not the Sabres anything. What a sham. This game isn't in Buffalo but is a home game? Screw you nhl

If I wasn't going to PM North Buffalo to try and get a ticket, I might agree.

NB, I'm in. And I also owe you a proper response to your PM. I wanted to wait till I had the time and then one thing led to another and then blah blah blah,... I'm lame.

Anyway, let's hang news years day!

Enjoyed reading this...

http://reason.com/blog/2017/05/13/how-madison-square-gardens-42-million-ta

In fact, I did not enjoy reading that.  There are a million things wrong with this entire situation.  And the Sabres fans, business partners, and surrounding community are getting hosed because of one less game... all so Richie Rich can get his tax break.

Boycott the Classic.  Buffalo is traditionally one of the highest rated TV markets for NHL events... what if no one watched (won't happen, but you know).

Here's a contrary view:  for a 78-point small-market team that hasn't made the playoffs in 7 freaking years to get a spot in the top TV game of the entire regular season is a freaking miracle, a great chance to show off Jack, Kane, ROR, KO, Reino, Risto and Caber to the rest of the NHL and well worth sacrificing one of 41 games at the FNC.

If someone gives you a free Ferrari, you don't complain about having to go to the DMV and register it.

I understand people's frustrations but honestly the Sabres agreed to it, and I'm beyond psyched about the WC. So pumped that were in it!

Also let us not forget that had the 2018 world juniors not been being played in buffalo at around the same time, perhaps this would have been in buffalo.

My perspective is that there is so much going on at once in hockey, all major premiere events, that buffalo is spreading itself thin to accomodate.

Here's a contrary view:  for a 78-point small-market team that hasn't made the playoffs in 7 freaking years to get a spot in the top TV game of the entire regular season is a freaking miracle, a great chance to show off Jack, Kane, ROR, KO, Reino, Risto and Caber to the rest of the NHL and well worth sacrificing one of 41 games at the FNC.

If someone gives you a free Ferrari, you don't complain about having to go to the DMV and register it.

Yeah, but. Buffalo moves the ratings needle when the Sabres aren't playing. That it hasn't happened again already is probably a testement to the limit of the cynicism at NBC / in the NHL.

Also, corporate welfare should probably be ended.

If I wasn't going to PM North Buffalo to try and get a ticket, I might agree.

NB, I'm in. And I also owe you a proper response to your PM. I wanted to wait till I had the time and then one thing led to another and then blah blah blah,... I'm lame.

Anyway, let's hang news years day!

got it will you are fourth will keep you informed.

It's a contrary view, I'll give you that.  The concept of showing of those players specifically is interesting.  I am sure the NHL banked on showing off the Sabres 2006-2007 roster when they signed them up for the first Winter Classic and that didn't work out so well did it?  

However, your Ferrari analogy doesn't quite hold up to what i was saying.  The businesses who make money from a game being played at FNC care.  So, let's rearrange it to fit a bit better.  I rent a Ferrari for $300/day to a guy who comes into town each Sabres home game.  However, he won't be there for this one.  So, I won't be getting my $300.  Instead he rented from a guy in NYC.  Do I care?  Yes... yes I do.

Then let's talk about how the owners of the Rangers still need their $42 million tax break.  Because they are going to leave NYC?  No way.  They own the building, no way they give up the revenue that comes from ALL the events that get held in that building.

It's a contrary view, I'll give you that.  The concept of showing of those players specifically is interesting.  I am sure the NHL banked on showing off the Sabres 2006-2007 roster when they signed them up for the first Winter Classic and that didn't work out so well did it?  

However, your Ferrari analogy doesn't quite hold up to what i was saying.  The businesses who make money from a game being played at FNC care.  So, let's rearrange it to fit a bit better.  I rent a Ferrari for $300/day to a guy who comes into town each Sabres home game.  However, he won't be there for this one.  So, I won't be getting my $300.  Instead he rented from a guy in NYC.  Do I care?  Yes... yes I do.

Then let's talk about how the owners of the Rangers still need their $42 million tax break.  Because they are going to leave NYC?  No way.  They own the building, no way they give up the revenue that comes from ALL the events that get held in that building.

I think the NHL was thrilled with the results of the first WC -- so, yes, I think it did work out well for them.

If your point is that the Sabres fell off the table after Black Sunday -- that had nothing to do with the WC.

My point is that playing in the WC is good for the Sabres -- I was not commenting on whether it is good for the NHL.  Do you not agree that it's good for the Sabres?

As for the Ferrari -- yes, local vendors are hurt by losing a home game.  It's certainly fair to consider the impact on them in evaluating how you feel about this.  My point was that the benefit to the franchise (not the local vendors) far outweighs any harm to the franchise.  This is true regardless of how you feel about the fairness of the Rangers' tax break.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.