GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs Arizona Coyotes 8:30pm EST in Glendale Az.

jsb

Well, my attempted emotional disconnect after last night was actually successful. That barely hurt at all, and yet I still enjoyed watching us score twice. I hope the rest of the season goes that way for me. 

Blah blah blah Dan, but I don't think this game was actually Dan's fault - I think we had an edge, but some terrible defensemen and some bad luck. I'm honestly happy with the way they played. Tim has to fix that defense. 

I'm putting together the data, hopefully I can get it done before I fall asleep! 

Just keep getting points, Jack. I love it. But please don't get really mad and want to leave the team. You'd kill me.

I always liked Tim Murray but I'm seriously starting to question his ability to build a winner here.

I think Murray inherited a mess and I think he still is the right guy for the job; however, I'm starting to think maybe Bylsma might not be the guy for a rebuild.

There is a disconnect somewhere, and I can't believe its completely the fault of the players.

Edited by hockeyhound

Remember how part of Bogo and Kulikov's value is supposed to be their physicality? Useless in front of the net on the winning goal. Tim Murray's evaluation of defensemen is way too old school.

Remember when Bogo crazy-fought last year protecting guys? And had 13 hits (unsustainable sure) in his first game with us. Even 3 hits per game would be nice.

I watched the first half and we looked fine. Up 2-0. Headed to the airport, and we lost before I even boarded the plane. Ach!

Apology accepted... Coach Bylsma.

He was, idk what his deal is, he doesn't seem like a guy that quits on his coach, so either he's injured, worn out or he isn't the guy I thought he was

Abysmal Dan has given O'Reilly more than 700 faceoffs than anyone else on the team, 1248. The next best is Eichel at 547 then Larsson at 533. After that it's  huge drop off. That's got to take something out of him. But now they have Bailey on the first line, that can't be too encouraging... 

There are a very few guys on the team trying to carry the load and they're not succeeding. There are too many passengers. Sell, sell, sell.

Edited by Marvelo

Remember how part of Bogo and Kulikov's value is supposed to be their physicality? Useless in front of the net on the winning goal. Tim Murray's evaluation of defensemen is way too old school.

Those 2 should NEVER BE ON THE ICE TOGETHER!!!!

They both play horrible when paired together. I get it that they want to keep Ristolainen & McCabe together. But Bogosian needs to be with either McCabe or Franson. It's like there's 2 AHLers out there when that combo is together.

The best player on your team and the guy playing best only has 10:00 of ice time through 2 periods. He then doesn't play in the 3rd until girgenson and O'Reilly get a full shift. He then doesn't get PK time with Kane in the box, instead a rookie Callup (Rodriguez) does. I present you jack Eichel. If this doesn't get Dan fired, the fact he has a rookie Callup on the ice with 20 seconds left along with kulikov and BOGO should. You can't make this up. Sell gmtm and for the love of God, fire the Dick.

We definitely hit an all time low for this season, I really like to stay positive; however, I think its over.

Tough to watch.

I WAS REALLY HOPING TO SEE THE SABRES FREAKIN WIN THE STANLEY CUP IN MY LIFE TIME. :censored:

I hope everyone has a great week, stay healthy, and for those of you that face some extreme challenges in this life, keep your head up, its going 2 B O.K.  

Edited by hockeyhound

The defense is weak after McCabe and Risto and some of the young players are not developing (Girgs, Foligno and Ennis) or not at the pace that we would have expected (Reinhart).   While there has been some progress, the rebuild by GMTM is very disappointing at this point.  I would have expected more with the resources he had available in terms of draft picks and salary cap.  Of course, maybe now I have better understanding of GMTM's reaction when he lost out on the first pick overall and the opportunity to select McDavid.  McDavid was the building block this team needed after all of the pain of the tank.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.