St. Louis Blues vs. Buffalo Sabres 1pm at KeyBank Center

jsb

Sabres seek to win 3 in a row for the third time this season against the red hot St. Louis Blues. With the trade deadline nearing these are key games coming up which should be telling if GMTM sells, buys or stays put. Does the red hot Lehner play again this afternoon and tomorrow or does DDB play Nillson in one of them??? After Jack E was called out by Lehner he's put together 2 of his most responsible games back to back, Kane came back from sickness to take the goal scoring lead for the team and a win today could also put some fear into the heart of the darkest sabre avatar.

A preview of the game from the St.Louis Dispatch

BLUES AT SABRES

Blues • The Blues beat the Sabres 4-1 at Scottrade Center on Nov. 15, breaking open a 1-1 game with goals early in the third period by Jaden Schwartz and Kyle Brodziak. … The Blues have killed 21 consecutive power plays. … The Blues are 7-0-1 with Magnus Paajarvi in the lineup this season. … Mike Yeo’s 7-1 record is the best eight-game mark for a coach in franchise history. … The Blues haven’t lost in Buffalo since the 2008-09 season.

Sabres • Buffalo has won two in a row and this is the start of back-to-back games against the Blues and Blackhawks, which could mean the Blues see former teammate Anders Nilsson in goal. The Sabres are in sixth place in the Atlantic Division with 60 points but are four points out of a wild-card spot in the tightly packed East. … The Sabres have the league’s best power play at 23.3 percent, and it’s 26.1 percent at home. Their penalty-killing, though, is 29th at 74.3 percent. … Kyle Okposo leads the team in scoring with 38 points (18 goals, 20 assists).

Injuries • Blues — C Paul Stastny (lower body), doubtful; F Robby Fabbri (knee), out. Sabres — F Derek Grant (shoulder), F Zemgus Girgensons (middle body) and F Johan Larsson (wrist), out; D Cody Franson (foot) and F William Carrier (knee), day-to-day.

Also the ESPN Preview

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- With their offense clicking, the Buffalo Sabres have a daunting task this weekend as they look to continue their late-season playoff push.

The Sabres have back-to-back home games with a matinee against the St. Louis Blues (1 p.m., Saturday) before a Sunday evening matchup against the Chicago Blackhawks.

Before Buffalo can get to the Blackhawks -- who are on a five-game winning streak -- they have to deal with the Blues, who are on a six-game winning streak of their own.

St. Louis (31-22-5) has turned it around since Mike Yeo took over as head coach on Feb. 1, going 7-1 since Yeo's arrival. The Blues went on the road and won every game in a five-game road trip before a 4-3 win over Vancouver on Thursday at home.

St. Louis' recent surge has the Blues sitting comfortable in third place in the Central Division, five points ahead of Nashville.

"I think that the mentality that we've had day in and day out -- we come to the rink, we try to get better," Yeo said. "Whatever the result was the day before, if we win, we lose, we want to come back the next day and we want to start preparing. We want to start getting ready for the next one and when you do that, more often than not you're ready to go.

"The biggest part of that challenge is that we don't start feeling too good about ourselves, about what we've done, and that we recognize all the little things -- whether it's the blocked shots, the sacrifice and the commitment to the game that we're playing. That's why we're having success."

Vladimir Tarasenko leads the Blues in points with 55 (27 goals, 28 assists) and is tied for 10th in the league in scoring. Kevin Shattenkirk is second on the team with 42 points (11 goals, 31 assists). Goaltending has been an issue for the Blues throughout this season, with Jake Allen (.903 save percentage) and Carter Hutton (.907 save percentage) taking turns between the pipes.

The Sabres (25-23-10) are riding a two-game win streak for the first time this month following a 3-2 win over Ottawa on Tuesday and a 2-0 win over the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday. Evander Kane has five goals in his last five games and scored a pivotal goal with 4:14 remaining to keep the Sabres on top of the Avalanche.

The Sabres, three points out of the final wild-card spot in the Eastern Conference, have played two more games than the final team, Toronto.

"We need to go back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back," Kane said of the Sabres' current playoff chances. "That's where we're at right now in terms of this point in the season. You've got two tough teams coming to our building to cap it off before the break and we have to have both of those games."

Robin Lehner has been tremendous in net for Sabres in recent games. Lehner has a save percentage of .926 and a goals-against average of 2.49 on the season.

post-4541-0-33502600-1487421296_thumb.jpg

post-4541-0-89093900-1487421337_thumb.jpg

PSA FOR YOU OUT OF MARKET BUT STILL IN UNITED STATES VIEWERS WHO DON'T USUALLY HAVE A LEGITIMATE WAY TO VIEW THE GAMES:

Todays game is being streamed for FREE on Yahoo sports: https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/

Doubt I'll be watching, supposed to get into the 60s this afternoon and Everybody Loves the Sunshine.

I'm no rich guy but don't any of you have a DVD? I've had one for at least a decade maybe two.

I subscribe to Game Centre.

Out on the West Coast, I'm still at work when most games start.

I just turn off the scores, start the game from the beginning and watch as if it were live, even though I'll be about an hour behind.

My bananas work schedule, desire to see/interact with my family and other issues mean I'm often watching games on delay or well after they're over.  I agree with Eleven that watching games after knowing the result is no fun, which means I get the added benefit of keeping myself off of social media and the internets in general for long stretches. 

That said, I'm at work by myself today and it's slow, so the game will be on the ipad.  How much attention gets paid to it depends on how well I'll be left alone. 

I'm no rich guy but don't any of you have a DVD? I've had one for at least a decade maybe two.

DVD? Why stop there! Pop in a VHS tape and hold down the record button for a few seconds and you'll get yourself a copy of the game. Just be sure to make sure the tape isn't half was through already or you may run out of space. And don't tape over your copy of GoldenEye from that time it played on network TV :p ;)

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.