St. Louis Blues vs. Buffalo Sabres 1pm at KeyBank Center

jsb

Baptiste and Bailey will be up with the team next year.  It's a progression.  Just the way it goes.  I love Baptiste.  So sad to have missed this game and on top of it be inside an ice rink for a youth game.  Outdoors, watching the Sabres would have both been better.

Went to the game with some of the kids. Fun afternoon.

That crowd? That crowd was *feisty*.

A. Go Sabres.

Also, 3-4 times our whole row stood up for what Eichel was doing. A dad near us exclaimed at one point in the 3rd that it looked like he had "cheat codes."

It's working. I don't know how the hell it's working, but it's working.

Love this.

###### A. Go Sabres.

Also, 3-4 times our whole row stood up for what Eichel was doing. A dad near us exclaimed at one point in the 3rd that it looked like he had "cheat codes."

Love this.

And I this.

Did anyone else catch Bailey jumping up and down as he walked from the bench down the hallway towards the locker room? :lol:

I loved it.

That might have been the Sabres best game of the season.

Consistent, hard, fast and in control. Where has that puck support been all season?

And against a very good, very hard team.

Robin Lehner was an icy wall.

If that how he is going to look with a good team in front of him, lock him up.

And Jack... simply magnificent. Might have been the most complete game I've seen him play.

So mature, so in control, trusting his teammates, making the plays the game offered and using every available inch.

That was how I imagine Jean Beliveau must have looked.

Well, this was a great post even before that last line flew close to the sun.

I completely agree that this was their best game of the season -- and really SFINS could be right that it's been munch longer than that.

And that was a great performance by Eichel.

###### A. Go Sabres.

Love this.

Awesome.

The crowd did sound like they might be buying in.

Outshot 39-28.

Is true.

But, somehow, the third, where the SOG imbalance really came -- never seemed as dangerous as the spread would suggest.

And many a time I can recall Duff leading into the post game report with "Sabres outshoot so and so but....." after losses. Completely anecdotal I know, but often it seems teams behind by a couple start throwing everything from every which way at the net. For the most part I thought the Sabres had the better quality shots.

I think there is pretty solid evidence that the Sabres strategy in the defensive zone is to stack the middle of the ice and give you space from the outside. Most opposition coaches respond with "they are giving us that space, take it, just keep throwing pucks at the net."

It might be more effective if they were able to spend more time possessing the puck in the offensive zone, which Dan consistently preaches, but the team hasn't been that effective at.

That might have been the Sabres best game of the season.

Consistent, hard, fast and in control. Where has that puck support been all season?

And against a very good, very hard team.

Robin Lehner was an icy wall.

If that how he is going to look with a good team in front of him, lock him up.

And Jack... simply magnificent. Might have been the most complete game I've seen him play.

So mature, so in control, trusting his teammates, making the plays the game offered and using every available inch.

That was how I imagine Jean Beliveau must have looked.

He does seem to be coming out of that mini-Sophomore slump that he seemed to be in. Reinhart seems to have come out of his w/ the brief Fla in-game demotion to the 4th line & has been great since that. Let's hope this is the Eichel we get the rest of the way. Tonight will be a test.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.