GDT: Buffalo at Nashville 8p ET 1/24/17

pi2000

I still think it has more to do with ROR, Eichel and Kane being healthy.

Does Fedun's call-up coincide with that? If so good call

I've now missed the last three games...gonna have to miss some more, I guess.

I enjoyed waking up to the highlights though!

Why have you been missing the games?

Eichel early favorite for a 2017 Goaty?

And a hat tip to the poster who said great players can suck all night and end up with two goals and the winner. Did I imagine that post? Maybe it wasn't that specific lol.

Jack is struggling tonight.  Great players can struggle all night and get the game winning goal in the last minute.  I was at the game where Gretzky scored his 77th (to break Esposito's record)goal in a season.  He sucked for 2 periods and ended up wth a hat trick (along with Perreault).  Hopefully, Jack is that type of player.  Sort of like a good team can win a game when they don't play their best. 

Hat tip!

I've seen the last 5 or 6 minutes. Eichel has looked like hot garbage.

Eichel early favorite for a 2017 Goaty?

And a hat tip to the poster who said great players can suck all night and end up with two goals and the winner. Did I imagine that post? Maybe it wasn't that specific lol.

Hat tip!

Good stuff, PA. 

I'm glad Eichel is our guy.

the emotional rollercoaster effect this team has on us is quite funny, certainly if you go back and read an entire GDT.

Nice post mainly because you are saying this in a much nicer way than I was thinking it. It's almost like watching a game in a bar called  Bipolars'r Us with some guys.  :angel:

Not only 3 OT wins in a row but back to back road wins at Montreal and Nashville who was playing great hockey lately. Really impressive run and hopefully this month is the start of their run to a playoff run. 7-3-1 this month.

Edited by jsb

noice now a winning streak and its not Smells underwear or Gorges play. Sabres hit jackpot with Fedun and Falk. Franson playing so much better even with a little speed.

People tend to look at the top players when evaluating GMTM.  I would say that the depth signings of Fedun and Falk are YUGE reasons why the Sabres are settling into a nice rhythm.  Those two guys are providing a stability to the defense in the face of injuries to our NHL roster guys.  After trading away some of the young defensive talent, he's replaced them with mature (but not too mature) depth that can help in both the AHL and NHL.  We can debate whether we won the Kane trade, but GMTM smacked it outta the park with these two signings.

And only 5 behind Boston with 4 games in hand

The Bruins are slowly unraveling but the Sabres have 10 other teams to climb over to claim one of three playoff berths. Head down and keep grinding.

Living in NH, the Bruins give me some pleasure knowing that spoiled rotten Boston sports fans aren't getting another automatic championship they think they are entitled to.

People tend to look at the top players when evaluating GMTM.  I would say that the depth signings of Fedun and Falk are YUGE reasons why the Sabres are settling into a nice rhythm.  Those two guys are providing a stability to the defense in the face of injuries to our NHL roster guys.  After trading away some of the young defensive talent, he's replaced them with mature (but not too mature) depth that can help in both the AHL and NHL.  We can debate whether we won the Kane trade, but GMTM smacked it outta the park with these two signings.

Agreed with the majority of this but as for the bolded, why is there even a debate. You do know that Kane has almost as many points as Myers-Stafford and Armia combined and has played more games than any of the 3 for those who say he's injured too much. He's by far the best player in that trade.

the emotional rollercoaster effect this team has on us is quite funny, certainly if you go back and read an entire GDT.

Yeah, I turned off the game when they went down 4-2; I think I've got to stop doing that now. 

For those of a superstitious persuasion, I did hear the OT goal, so its safe.

The wife & I went to bed at the second intermission...I turned the bedroom TV on, watched a bit of the 10:00 news, completely forgot about flipping back to the game, then fell asleep.

I will happily take full credit for this win.

I think we're Tomax and Xamot. Didn't see anything until the second intermission, 2-2. Wife and I started talking about stuff and I didn't turn the game back on until about 8 minutes left (2-4), despite the Sabres being down. Watched through to the end, of course.

My plan worked again.

I signed off prior to puck drop and just logged in again now.

Great win.  These guys are starting to look good, although watching the highlights some of the Pred's goals were kind of wonky on Lehner.

Oh, well.  All I wanted was a win, no matter what it looked like, and they delivered.

Great in win!!!! Nashville looked more like clutch and grabville most of the night. Nice to see the boys rewarded for staying with it!!!

This gameday thread was hilarious, thanks for the entertainment, fans.

3 straight O.T. wins, lets keep er goin in little d!!!

I think we're Tomax and Xamot. Didn't see anything until the second intermission, 2-2. Wife and I started talking about stuff and I didn't turn the game back on until about 8 minutes left (2-4), despite the Sabres being down. Watched through to the end, of course.

So… if one of us picks up and spins Buffalo Wings around whirlybird-style, then MattPie will also get dizzy?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.