Name One Move to Fix the Sabres

WildCard

is it the coaches fault when you lose 13 games by one goal? when the goalies let up a soft goal in a tight game or when a winger cranks it off the post in one of those games? or when our guys suck ass at SOs and we lose another point again. because that's a lot of points left on the table right there from lost opportunities. give us half of those points from the 1-goal losses, and we're 2nd in the Atlantic. i can't put it all on DD.

The more people on here bash Bylsma , and not saying I love him, the more we overlook the players part in this. You are right we have given up a lot of points where we had them made.

Theodore for Bailey + 2nd

or 

Fowler for kane

That wouldn't even get you within 5 miles of a realistic asking price on either.  Also, while Fowler is a decent enough skating defensemen he's still a liability in his zone.  I'd rather pay more for Theodore, but Bailey and a 2nd doesn't get you past a "thank you for inquiring, have a great day!"

That wouldn't even get you within 5 miles of a realistic asking price on either.  Also, while Fowler is a decent enough skating defensemen he's still a liability in his zone.  I'd rather pay more for Theodore, but Bailey and a 2nd doesn't get you past a "thank you for inquiring, have a great day!"

Normally I would say yes, but he'll lose a good D men to Las Vegas in a couple of months for nothing if he keeps this up.

Normally I would say yes, but he'll lose a good D men to Las Vegas in a couple of months for nothing if he keeps this up.

Great point.  Sabres are weak in defense and on the wing.  As well as Kane has been playing as of late, I do not support a trade involving him.  Only move I can think of has already been mentioned.  And that is get rid of DD. 

Edited by GoPre

Is Guhle even eligible to be called up? I thought the Sabres burned his one emergency call up?

I think you maybe right. Realistically though, why call him up and run the risk of burning a year of his ELC? This team has won three games in a row once this season and will need to go on an epic winning streak to get back into legimate contention, I can't see it happening.

My one move would be moving on from DD, especially if the Bruins fire Julien

Get the D back to a reasonably healthy state and see how they look in the 2nd half of the season. 

If they deliver another 80ish point season pace in the 2nd half -- seriously consider whether the game has passed DDB by (like, e.g., the NFL game apparently passed Rex by). 

Get the D back to a reasonably healthy state and see how they look in the 2nd half of the season. 

If they deliver another 80ish point season pace in the 2nd half -- seriously consider whether the game has passed DDB by (like, e.g., the NFL game apparently passed Rex by). 

Even with them healthy I still think they should strip mine it and start over.  Aside from McCabe and Ristolainen, the rest should be both unprotected in the expansion draft, I'd love to see Murray get rid of any and all of them.  

Are we talking "one move" as in you only get one move?  Or just one move you'd like to see them make to start fixing things?

If it's "we only have one move", I'd put all my chips on just firing DB and getting a new coach.

If it's moves I want them to make:

- Talk to Anaheim about Jacob Larsson and Columbus about Gabriel Carlsson.  Both are LHD (which we need) drafted at the end of the 1st round in 2015 and conceivably could help the Sabres as soon as next year.  (Which, along with Guhle, means we might actually have a somewhat OK defense again soon.)  We know contenders will want Kane at the deadline so maybe there's a framework.

- Rest Kulikov for another month and then see if you can get 3 games out of him leading up to the trade deadline.  Maybe that will be enough to get a playoff team to take him for a draft pick.

- Trade Gionta and Franson to playoff teams for 2018 picks.  We already have plenty of 2017 picks and it's not a super strong draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.