Name One Move to Fix the Sabres

WildCard

is it the coaches fault when you lose 13 games by one goal? when the goalies let up a soft goal in a tight game or when a winger cranks it off the post in one of those games? or when our guys suck ass at SOs and we lose another point again. because that's a lot of points left on the table right there from lost opportunities. give us half of those points from the 1-goal losses, and we're 2nd in the Atlantic. i can't put it all on DD. 

Edited by RonHextallsShoulderPads

I want to see what DD can do with a real defensive group made up of 6 NHL D and not just 2.  

So the answer is trade Kane for a top 4 D (Stoner and Montour - from ANA)

This is what I want the D to look like by season's end

McCabe Risto

Montour Bogosian

Stoner Fedun

Gorges

Trade Franson and Kulikov (if he ever gets healthy) - We are stuck with Bogo, but maybe playing with Montour he'll concentrate on just playing D and allow Montour to move the puck.

I don't think it will happen yet, but axing DDB would be the biggest thing to rev up the players. GMTM will give him more time now that a healthy lineup is around.

My guess for a replacement is Luke Richardson. Grew up in Ottawa, played for the Sens, coached their farm team and is now looking for work. He and GMTM would be pretty tight. He also just coached Team Canada in the Splengler Cup.

So, we have plenty of issues. But if you make one move, of any kind, how would you fix this team?

I'll take the obvious one: Replace Byslma

that won't make our slow footed defense any faster

I think DDs system kills what Kulikov is good at. It'd be good to see the before and afters of him in different systems

Can you or someone explain what the system is?? I watch to see how they play a system and don't see it

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.