The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I leave for China in less than 3 weeks, and even though this was booked in advance, I was just told last week that I need to mail my original passport/copy/new photos for visa/Itineary and etc to the consulate, for my visa to be processed and then returned back via tracked USPS.... So my passport is floating around the mail system and I have 3 trips coming up, so it makes me skiddish a bit.

Been through that. Nerve-wracking until you get it back, visa attached.

I leave for China in less than 3 weeks, and even though this was booked in advance, I was just told last week that I need to mail my original passport/copy/new photos for visa/Itineary and etc to the consulate, for my visa to be processed and then returned back via tracked USPS.... So my passport is floating around the mail system and I have 3 trips coming up, so it makes me skiddish a bit.

I remember my mom going through this for a China trip. Ended up not going last minute due to health reasons, but it took for-eeevvverrrr to get that stuff back. 

And then all her personal information was hacked and was traced to Chinese sources. Her brother lives/works over there and doesn't usually have these problems. 

Weird stuff. Good luck! 

I never thought we would hear the word "system" more this year than last.

I think we're definitely on pace to break that record.

Someone needs to tell Rob. He said early in the season (with D'opp and the Bullfrog) there basically was no system, that it was just go out and skate and play and have fun.

I heard a PSA today on the radio that said the gas company puts something in the gas to make it smell so you'll know if it's leaking, because natural gas is otherwise odorless. They said it smells like rotten eggs. Has anyone here smelled rotten eggs?

Also, I have MALE LIVES MATTER, SUPPORT OUR MEN and GOD BLESS OUR MEN bumper stickers if anyone would like one. I mean, I think it's OK. They're positive messages. No one would take them the wrong way, would they?