The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I'm stuck in business casual hell for my job. I can't afford suits anyway, but there's no reason for me to wear one, so thankfully I'm not burdened with that. 

But I do like to wear a button-down and nice pants. The cost is just astounding for clothing that doesn't even end up fitting me that well.

I ended up at Savers in Tonawanda last night and scored two nice Lands End shirts that were exactly my size, tall and fitted. And a Brooks Brothers shirt. And an LL Bean shirt. All for $30. One tailored shirt would cost me more than that if I was buying new. 

No men's clothing looks good enough to cost what it does new. It all sucks. 

Makes me miss the factories. Two pairs of jeans and some crappy shirts were enough to get me through a year or two of work.

You should try TJ Maxx or Marshals.

The Marshals here kinda sucks. I've never been in a TJ Maxx though. I suppose I could give that a look.

Come with me on a trip to Rochester to the magical Marshalls of Pittsford. Seriously. I've been to a lot of Marshalls/TJ Maxx's and the rich folks out there have the best freakin' one ever. It's on another level. 

Spandex should be banned, except for Freddie, of course.

:flirt:

I mean, I agree, I feel for the people who have to see me in it, but I haven't got a choice :/ I hate that I've become one of those women who leaves the house in spandex yoga pants. Just takes too much time to change in our one tiny single bathroom and then rig equipment and check people in etc etc 

I'm stuck in business casual hell for my job. I can't afford suits anyway, but there's no reason for me to wear one, so thankfully I'm not burdened with that. 

But I do like to wear a button-down and nice pants. The cost is just astounding for clothing that doesn't even end up fitting me that well.

I ended up at Savers in Tonawanda last night and scored two nice Lands End shirts that were exactly my size, tall and fitted. And a Brooks Brothers shirt. And an LL Bean shirt. All for $30. One tailored shirt would cost me more than that if I was buying new. 

No men's clothing looks good enough to cost what it does new. It all sucks. 

Makes me miss the factories. Two pairs of jeans and some crappy shirts were enough to get me through a year or two of work.

Splurged on a bunch of new business casual last year that has mostly stayed in the closet because I started working mostly from home a few months later. I type this in a ratty pair of shorts and an old Bills hoody.

It's wonderfully comfortable, but I've got to watch myself because I am starting to unthinkingly go out in my usual "work clothes," pay less attention to my hair and have too many days where I skip the shave.

Splurged on a bunch of new business casual last year that has mostly stayed in the closet because I started working mostly from home a few months later. I type this in a ratty pair of shorts and an old Bills hoody.

It's wonderfully comfortable, but I've got to watch myself because I am starting to unthinkingly go out in my usual "work clothes," pay less attention to my hair and have too many days where I skip the shave.

I almost wandered out in underwear and slippers the other day.

Too comfortable... 

I hear ya, eh.

I almost wandered out in underwear and slippers the other day.

Too comfortable... 

Hhhoooozzzzaaaahhhhh ........

The dad uniform

About to embark on a trip with my offspring to Chuck E. Cheese’s for a first grader’s birthday party. I would appreciate it if you could all keep me in your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

I will pray for your colon and your immune system should you be anywhere near the bouncy house.

I will pray for your colon and your immune system should you be anywhere near the bouncy house.

1000000000% this.

When my devil seeds were just bean sprouts I had several journey's to the CeC underworld. Everyone of them brought me to near death experiences from "outbreaks".

20 years later and I still firmly believe that place is a secret government bio weapons testing program.

Edited by Lucky E

I never have been in one.  I'm guessing the pizza is crappy and there's just a bunch of kids running around like rats on 34th street?

Like lasertron?

Pretty much this.

I made it out alive. Not as bad as I thought it would be. One thing did disturb me, and not in a “why are they doing this” sort of way, but a “why is humanity such utter garbage that they have to do this” sort of way. They have 1 entrance/exit point. Dudes posted each way. Going in you and any children with you get an invisible stamp on your arm. It’s a number sequence, and they change it every time. Coming out you and the kids have to put your arm under a blacklight to make sure the stamps match and you’re leaving with the same kids you showed up with. Smart, but makes me very sad for some reason.

I ###### hate touch screens.

iPhones and iPads can go screw. Give me a laptop or desktop with a keyboard and mouse or trackball or trackpad any day.

Why do I want to look at stuff through a tiny greasy dirty screen?

Because you don't wash your hands enough? :unsure: :lol:

I ###### hate touch screens.

iPhones and iPads can go screw. Give me a laptop or desktop with a keyboard and mouse or trackball or trackpad any day.

Why do I want to look at stuff through a tiny greasy dirty screen?

I love my iPad.  My iPhone, not so much. 

Today's random:  About once a decade, you get it caught in your zipper, you know?  And then you're like extra careful for the next nine years or so.  Then you start to slip up.

I officially have another decade to go, now.

Pretty much this.

I made it out alive. Not as bad as I thought it would be. One thing did disturb me, and not in a “why are they doing this” sort of way, but a “why is humanity such utter garbage that they have to do this” sort of way. They have 1 entrance/exit point. Dudes posted each way. Going in you and any children with you get an invisible stamp on your arm. It’s a number sequence, and they change it every time. Coming out you and the kids have to put your arm under a blacklight to make sure the stamps match and you’re leaving with the same kids you showed up with. Smart, but makes me very sad for some reason.

They want you to believe it's a stamp.

Edited by PASabreFan

Pretty much this.

My God.  We live in despicable times.  Of *course* it makes you sad.  It's horrible that there's a need to do this.

Off with a friend this afternoon to mill a 14-foot slab of maple that I am going to turn into two live-edge countertops to cap off my renovation. I post this because it is both true and so out of left field to who I really am.

Edited by dudacek

Off with a friend this afternoon to mill a 14-foot slab of maple that I am going to turn into two live-edge countertops to cap off my renovation. I post this because it is both true and so out of left field to who I really am.

What is this live edge countertop you speak of?

I have about 10' of 2" thick black walnut, about 20" wide in my garage.  It has been drying for a decade, waiting for something to do with it.