The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Today I can finally post one of my Buffalo designs for 26 Shirts. The idea was a sketch/concept by Wolfpak Clothing and they passed it to me to do the final art. No flaming tables guys, sorry. They're doing New Era hats with this design, which I think look pretty good. 

This means I have one other design (Buffalo) ready to go with them at some point and another that got scrapped because a certain player it's about hasn't even touched the ice yet. I've got hopes this one'll sell with the Bills win yesterday. 

http://www.26shirts.com/buffalo-tailgate.html

Today I can finally post one of my Buffalo designs for 26 Shirts. The idea was a sketch/concept by Wolfpak Clothing and they passed it to me to do the final art. No flaming tables guys, sorry. They're doing New Era hats with this design, which I think look pretty good. 

This means I have one other design (Buffalo) ready to go with them at some point and another that got scrapped because a certain player it's about hasn't even touched the ice yet. I've got hopes this one'll sell with the Bills win yesterday. 

http://www.26shirts.com/buffalo-tailgate.html

This one I like 

I love my iPad. My iPhone, not so much.

Today's random: About once a decade, you get it caught in your zipper, you know? And then you're like extra careful for the next nine years or so. Then you start to slip up.

I officially have another decade to go, now.

Come on, MAN!!

Wait until I post pics of the planks. It's so pretty.

I'm so 50.

I feel you... just finished reclaiming 12 inch hardwood pine planks from a flloded basement and installing them in the 600 square foot loft above my garage I am turning into an apt. Have plenty and will look great once re-finished

ps i too am over 50

So that was so cool.

An older fella wanted to repay my buddy’s company for what he says was a minor favour and said he had some wood if anyone was interested. My buddy knew I was looking for some wood for a small cabinet countertop and potentially a larger bar for my kitchen, so he said “let’s drive out there and see what he’s got. At worst, you’ll end up with some firewood.”

We arrived to find a gnarly 20-foot 100-year-old chunk of maple between two and three feet in diameter mounted up on a personal sawmill. He proceeds to mill it into full-diameter three inch planks revealing detailed spalting and amazing, textured grain.

I’m struggling to decide which of these natural Michelangelos I’d like and he says “no, the whole log is yours.” And refuses to take any payment. For a guy he didn’t even know.

We managed to get pieces for the bar and countertop, two more potentially for a live edge table and two more for I’m not sure yet loaded before my little trailer could take no more.

I’m no woodworker, but I’m thinking maybe I’ll arrange to do something for charity with one of the extra pieces. That kind of generousity is meant to be paid forward.

post-2708-0-52990700-1508785976_thumb.jpeg

post-2708-0-03008200-1508786034_thumb.jpeg

Edited by dudacek

So that was so cool.

An older fella wanted to repay my buddy’s company for what he says was a minor favour and said he had some wood if anyone was interested. My buddy knew I was looking for some wood for a small cabinet countertop and potentially a larger bar for my kitchen, so he said “let’s drive out there and see what he’s got. At worst, you’ll end up with some firewood.”

We arrived to find a gnarly 20-foot 100-year-old chunk of maple between two and three feet in diameter mounted up on a personal sawmill. He proceeds to mill it into full-diameter three inch planks revealing detailed spalting and amazing, textured grain.

I’m struggling to decide which of these natural Michelangelos I’d like and he says “no, the whole log is yours.” And refuses to take any payment. For a guy he didn’t even know.

We managed to get pieces for the bar and countertop, two more potentially for a live edge table and two more for I’m not sure yet loaded before my little trailer could take no more.

I’m no woodworker, but I’m thinking maybe I’ll arrange to do something for charity with one of the extra pieces. That kind of generousity is meant to be paid forward.

attachicon.gif53C77BDA-3069-40AB-98C9-722E34616B3C.jpeg

Holy cow, that's some nice stuff. I went to Hearne Hardwood's open house a few weeks ago and that would have fetched a pretty penny.

http://hearnehardwoods.com/

Nice crapper in the garage, eh!!

LOL. My oldest wasn't impressed when I asked if I could store it her room. It sat on the back porch for a few weeks. Looked like Sunnyvale. Hopefully we can install it in the next week or two.

We have misplaced stuff stacked up in every room in the house and the kids have been using our en suite since August. Renovations are so much fun.

Edited by dudacek

Ever since my trip to aussie, I haven't slept at a normal time, I've adjusted back as best as possible, but with work and etc, my body is giving me a big FU.

3 weeks until another couple of Asian getaways, so bye bye circadian rhythm.

I don't even have a travel excuse.  Just straight up insomnia.  At least I can sleep in this morning.