The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

The dude's end, of course. "You're so great, meet my friend" haunted my 20s.

Ah, man, I know that one. 

Never be friends with attractive identical twins and expect to be the first choice... or the second, for that matter...  

News flash (not really) ... MEN ARE WEIRD!!

And, bio, I tend to agree with Matt above.  Dollars to donuts this guy has a big crush on you and is freaking out about it and does not know what to do, as you are friends.

Yeah, this is my bet as well. 

Any chance he's crushing on you? I've been on that end of the transaction more times than I like to admit and the behavior is vaguely familiar. 

News flash (not really) ... MEN ARE WEIRD!!

And, bio, I tend to agree with Matt above.  Dollars to donuts this guy has a big crush on you and is freaking out about it and does not know what to do, as you are friends.

Hmmm... I don't think so?  I mean, we get along really well, but we've only gotten together twice outside of work (not counting the joint "dates" with my friend), and both times were kind of work-related since we were celebrating milestones achieved at work.  I talk about my boyfriend a lot and I'm always highlighting the age difference (he's 24 and I'm 37), too.  And he was joking a while back about how I should introduce him to all my female friends after I was telling him about a night spent playing Cards Against Humanity with my snowboarding ladies.   :unsure:

I thought Bio was looking for some male perspective on this. All I see is a bunch of actual advice.

Male perspective: Go to the movies, then bang'em both.

:w00t:  :lol:

Bruised my big nail back in July. The entire thing is purple, but that's not weird. What's weird is it stopped growing entirely. Anyone know anything about this?

It might end up falling out... never happened to me, but I've heard it happens a lot to hikers from the toe constantly hitting the toe box of your shoes and getting damaged.  Ouch.

Bruised my big nail back in July. The entire thing is purple, but that's not weird. What's weird is it stopped growing entirely. Anyone know anything about this?

Amputation is the only cure.

So this followed my wife home yesterday (the white one), which is why I didn't post much during the game.  Can we keep her?

23472420_1448718545177031_50673956355085

23561388_1448718568510362_85068214330006

Edited by Doohickie

Hmmm... I don't think so?  I mean, we get along really well, but we've only gotten together twice outside of work (not counting the joint "dates" with my friend), and both times were kind of work-related since we were celebrating milestones achieved at work.  I talk about my boyfriend a lot and I'm always highlighting the age difference (he's 24 and I'm 37), too.  And he was joking a while back about how I should introduce him to all my female friends after I was telling him about a night spent playing Cards Against Humanity with my snowboarding ladies.   :unsure:

Hmm, I may see some unrequite-ese in there. Of course, I don't know you, him, or your working relationship but:

- Boyfriend: boyfriends can be temporary. My guess is if you became single he'd make a move after a respectful amount of time

- Age: you seem to be young at heart, active, and outgoing, age probably doesn't factor in as much as you think

- Introduce to friends: This one is a classic. "Maybe one of your friends is as cool as you; no, that's impossible; I'd settle for half as cool, because that's still awesome". There's a more forward version (and possibly creepy), "Do you have a sister?"

I may be speaking from experience here.  :blush:

Amputation is the only cure.

So this followed my wife home yesterday (the white one), which is why I didn't post much during the game.  Can we keep her?

<snipped for space>

Assuming it's not someone else's pet (like poor Eleven's girlfriend's cat), go for it!  Seems quite comfortable with you guys.  :)

Hmm, I may see some unrequite-ese in there. Of course, I don't know you, him, or your working relationship but:

- Boyfriend: boyfriends can be temporary. My guess is if you became single he'd make a move after a respectful amount of time

- Age: you seem to be young at heart, active, and outgoing, age probably doesn't factor in as much as you think

- Introduce to friends: This one is a classic. "Maybe one of your friends is as cool as you; no, that's impossible; I'd settle for half as cool, because that's still awesome". There's a more forward version (and possibly creepy), "Do you have a sister?"

I may be speaking from experience here.  :blush:

:lol:  I was joking with him the other day that he was born in the wrong decade; for someone who was born in the 90s, he really knows a lot about 80s music and pop culture.  It's pretty funny, really, but it's also nice when my out of date references don't result in blank stares, lol.

I'm really hoping he just feels awkward talking to me about her because she's my friend, because he still hasn't said anything but she told me they got together again last night and have plans for this weekend.  So Friday might be odd if he tries to play it cool and keep up appearances, but at least the two of them are still getting along, which is about all I could hope for at this point, I think.

Assuming it's not someone else's pet (like poor Eleven's girlfriend's cat), go for it!  Seems quite comfortable with you guys.  :)

The odd thing is that one of our dogs (the brown one in the picture) usually doesn't take well to dogs he doesn't know.  But he has no problem with this one.... like none at all.  After a few sniffs and a small growl (by the new one), they hang out like close buddies.

The new dog wants to eat our cat though, and my wife said if that doesn't resolve itself, the dog's gotta go.

Edited by Doohickie

The odd thing is that one of our dogs (the brown one in the picture) usually doesn't take well to dogs he doesn't know.  But he has no problem with this one.... like none at all.  After a few sniffs and a small growl (by her), they hang out like close buddies.

The new dog wants to eat our cat though, and my wife said if that doesn't resolve itself, the dog's gotta go.

Welp; that's no good!  Hopefully the cat will give him a good swat on the nose and that will be the end of that.

Welp; that's no good!  Hopefully the cat will give him a good swat on the nose and that will be the end of that.

Yeah, that's what I think will happen.  When we got him, our big brown dog tried to eat him, and the cat gave it to him good.

The new dog's name at this point is Zelda.  My wife called him Zeke when she followed her home, thinking he was a boy.  I checked and said that's definitely not a boy.... and started calling her Zelda.

Yeah, that's what I think will happen.  When we got him, our big brown dog tried to eat him, and the cat gave it to him good.

The new dog's name at this point is Zelda.  My wife called him Zeke when she followed her home, thinking he was a boy.  I checked and said that's definitely not a boy.... and started calling her Zelda.

:D

The hallway in the building where my aerial studio is always smells divine, which is pure torture for me. Lots of fajita, bacon, general delicious food smells. Well, I was talking about it with some of the other instructors and they claim it's a sports team of some kind. The bodybuilder instructor can practically count calories via smell- "whoever it is must work out a lot because those are some high calorie meals they're making every day"

Sure enough, the owner has stumbled over a ton of lacrosse gear strewn across the hallway and Bandits bags on her way to the bathroom, and I've seen a few manly men in Bandits apparel... 

Kinda cool.

If you ever lose a package, don't waste your time trying to call the USPS as they tell you to. It will take 30 some minutes to navigate the automated system, and then you face a ~2 hour long hold to speak to a live human being.

Just go on twitter and tweet at their help account. It's not instant, but the 2 hour hold isn't up yet and I'm actually getting somewhere. 

Yeesh. Talk about a job I would never want to have- going postal indeed. Always super nice to those people because nothing aggravates people more than missing mail. Even if they have completely lost some of my stuff before... 

Nope.

We put up adds on Nextdoor and Facebook, flyers around the neighborhood, no responses.  There are a lot of rental homes around here; people get evicted and turn their animals loose.  I also think people pick this neighborhood for whatever reason to dump their puppies.  Four of our last five dogs were stray puppies running the streets that we took in. 

This one is the oldest of the 4 (at time of adoption); she's probably a year old +/-.  Winston, the brindle dog, was barely weaned and was running loose when we took him in 7 years ago.

Edited by Doohickie