The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

This board is so much better than hfboards it's not even funny. Take the worst meltdowns we've seen here and apply them to 95% of the posters, with them all falling back on well-documented agenda that they've been pushing for several seasons, and bickering relentlessly about those agenda. So much so that they just now started the GDT for today - it's as if the games are a formality, unimportant, as they're just going to tell everyone exactly what they want to see anyway, so that they can continue their crusades, which are what all of this is all about.

ie, picture if everyone was me about Bylsma last year :P

I tried posting there last year and I couldn't do it. It was like an entire forum of "the Sabrespace new guy".

We have this place in our building where you can buy random drinks food.  You cash out at these little kiosk things, so it's pretty much like the self-cashout systems at any grocery store.  This morning I buy something that comes out to 49 cents.  I put a dollar in the machine and the damn thing spit out 51 pennies at me.

We have this place in our building where you can buy random drinks food. You cash out at these little kiosk things, so it's pretty much like the self-cashout systems at any grocery store. This morning I buy something that comes out to 49 cents. I put a dollar in the machine and the damn thing spit out 51 pennies at me.

We have a similar set up only we have cards that we load with cash. There is also a fingerprint reader attached. Every now and then it says finger not recognized. I can't help but thinking "that's what she said" Everytime.

We have this place in our building where you can buy random drinks food. You cash out at these little kiosk things, so it's pretty much like the self-cashout systems at any grocery store. This morning I buy something that comes out to 49 cents. I put a dollar in the machine and the damn thing spit out 51 pennies at me.

We have a similar set up only we have cards that we load with cash. There is also a fingerprint reader attached. Every now and then it says finger not recognized. I can't help but thinking "that's what she said" Everytime.

:D

I bet it's the same machine.  I'm pretty sure it has that kind of setup too.  I don't usually care about this stuff, but I'm not about to be giving some random company my fingerprint.

:D

I bet it's the same machine. I'm pretty sure it has that kind of setup too. I don't usually care about this stuff, but I'm not about to be giving some random company my fingerprint.

Thank you!!!!!

And no, random lady at the checkout counter at FYE, you cannot have my phone number! Or my zip code for that matter. Put yours in if you need one so badly.

Thank you!!!!!

And no, random lady at the checkout counter at FYE, you cannot have my phone number! Or my zip code for that matter. Put yours in if you need one so badly.

20500 works for me most times.  Or I'll say nine zero two one zero and they'll type it in without thinking.

20500 works for me most times. Or I'll say nine zero two one zero and they'll type it in without thinking.

I like saying "no thank you" then smiling at them like a robot.

1. "No thank you" isn't a proper response to "can I have your phone number?"

2. The smile makes the experience really uncomfortable for them and I enjoy that. No further words required, I just smile like I just farted. It's a conversation ender.

You answered the "does this make me look fat" question, didn't you?

No, she's trying on old lady clothes. I simply told her that looks like a shirt my best friends 65 year old, chunky, hippy mom would wear.

Oh, she laughed after. I'm not in the dog house. But I still got punched.

No, she's trying on old lady clothes. I simply told her that looks like a shirt my best friends 65 year old, chunky, hippy mom would wear.

Oh, she laughed after. I'm not in the dog house. But I still got punched.

I can understand.

Back when I still nurtured that whacko dream that I'd get interviews and I dropped a couple hundred on nice interview clothing, it seemed that every damn shirt I put on was straight out of my friends' moms' closets... Trendy stores, too. 50 bucks for a pattern that looks like I spend my holiday breaks on cruise ships, Carol, check out that hot young towel boy and hand me my mimosaaa.... I could almost feel my hair trying to morph into the I Want To Speak To Your Manager haircut... 

Nope. 

I can understand.

Back when I still nurtured that whacko dream that I'd get interviews and I dropped a couple hundred on nice interview clothing, it seemed that every damn shirt I put on was straight out of my friends' moms' closets... Trendy stores, too. 50 bucks for a pattern that looks like I spend my holiday breaks on cruise ships, Carol, check out that hot young towel boy and hand me my mimosaaa.... I could almost feel my hair trying to morph into the I Want To Speak To Your Manager haircut...

Nope.

Thank you!

And she agreed with me after the fact. She then took me to the "young" section and I immediately saw her point, because she doesn't want to look like a 16 year old girl at the mall. Women's fashion is hard. It's either "going to the club", "I have 6th period study hall" or "get me the manager."

Men's fashion is just as much of a struggle. The only options are "Old man", "Lawyer", or "NYC hipster".

I go with the old jeans and a t-shirt. It's worked since 1985. And in summer it's still cargo shorts and a t-shirt and flip flops.

For work it's suit and tie every day. Tailored and clean shaven. We don't have to wear ties anymore but I feel you don't look nearly as good without it. And I especially hate when you can see the top of someone's t-shirt under their dress shirt. Get a pack of beaters already.

Men's fashion is just as much of a struggle. The only options are "Old man", "Lawyer", or "NYC hipster". 

Ah, hem ... accountant  :flirt:

I go with the old jeans and a t-shirt. It's worked since 1985. And in summer it's still cargo shorts and a t-shirt and flip flops.

For work it's suit and tie every day. Tailored and clean shaven. We don't have to wear ties anymore but I feel you don't look nearly as good without it. And I especially hate when you can see the top of someone's t-shirt under their dress shirt. Get a pack of beaters already.

Never liked them.  The only men to ever look good in one are 2 ... Sonny and Freddie.

Beaters are useless. V-necks are where it's at if you're going open collar.

I'm stuck in business casual hell for my job. I can't afford suits anyway, but there's no reason for me to wear one, so thankfully I'm not burdened with that. 

But I do like to wear a button-down and nice pants. The cost is just astounding for clothing that doesn't even end up fitting me that well.

I ended up at Savers in Tonawanda last night and scored two nice Lands End shirts that were exactly my size, tall and fitted. And a Brooks Brothers shirt. And an LL Bean shirt. All for $30. One tailored shirt would cost me more than that if I was buying new. 

No men's clothing looks good enough to cost what it does new. It all sucks. 

Makes me miss the factories. Two pairs of jeans and some crappy shirts were enough to get me through a year or two of work. 

And here I am, barely putting on makeup anymore... I work in PJs or I squeeze on some spandex and an old band shirt to teach. Though I have a closet full of beautiful dresses and heels that I have no reason to wear right now :(

Edited by Josie914

Beaters are useless. V-necks are where it's at if you're going open collar.

I like V-necks, I'm wearing one right now actually. But I looooove beaters. I wear em under everything. They're light, so they don't make me roast in my suit. They're a built in sweat layer so shirts don't got puddles on them. They tuck in, so you never show plumbers crack. And as an added bonus, my wife has an affinity for trashy looking men, so when I mow the lawn in jeans and a beater and white Oakleys (I know, can't get much more white trash than that) it really turns her on :p