The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

This doesnt seem right. Link? The ATF has always been very tough on anything with this functionality. If true, that is a very real WTF?.

My suspicion is that he filed down the sear of the rifles so they would slam fire uncontrollably. The sear is a safety device to prevent accidental discharge of the gun. If he did that, once he pulled the trigger the gun would continue to fire until it was empty. Yes, that is fully automatic. It is also uncontrollable, shooting until empty. Just my suspicion.

How difficult would it be to do this?  I keep hearing about all these ways to modify them, but I'm curious to see if it's something simple or if you would need someone a bit more mechanically inclined. 

Feds dont mess around with full auto stuff. They make gun manufacturers that make military stuff change the design so that it can't be readily modded to full auto before they allow the semi auto versions for sale in this country.

Sorry, I dont want to defend guns here. Not even a little right now. I dont even want to know what the typical second amendment voices are saying. But I am genuinely curious how this guy got his mitts on automatic weapons because that ###### needs to get locked down hard.

Im not sure this is correct. My understanding is The recievers are made differently to not allow this. But I dont want to sit here and debate this after a tragedy like this. I am not interested in defending a guns right stance. I am interested in what is factual though. If there is info out there, I'd like a link PMd. If what you say is true, that is unacceptable.

Not sure what the case is in this particular instance, but there are currently almost 200,000 full-auto machine guns manufactured before they were outlawed and grandfathered in, registered, and perfectly legeal to own/buy/sell. That the Feds know about.

How difficult would it be to do this?  I keep hearing about all these ways to modify them, but I'm curious to see if it's something simple or if you would need someone a bit more mechanically inclined. 

Basically any idiot can put a bump stock on their semi-auto of choice. It's not "technically" fully-auto, which is what the gun nerds get all butthurt about when the media picks it up, but it's basically "assisted semi-auto". In paintball we do stuff like gas assisted triggers which basically help you trip the sear faster buy just holding your finger on the trigger and letting physics do all the work. This is the same idea. 

edit: filing the sear is probably a bad choice, and depending on the materials easier said than done. Like weave said, best case scenario it's just a run-away cycle until it's empty. 

Edited by d4rksabre

I was not aware of these stocks.  Close that loop hole.

A crazy terrorist kills 59 ppl and we will do nothing. I'm just sad about all of it. The lost lives most of all.

Someone legit tried to tell me today (and I'm paraphrasing here for brevity) that trying to do anything to reduce gun violence is going to be too hard because liberals/gun control advocates shouldn't have hurt gun owners feelings so many times in the past. I have no idea how to respond to that. 

On a slightly (see: much) lighter note, I finally got the mouse that was plaguing my apartment. Any ballpark on how long without any signs I should wait before being confident it was just one?

38.62 hours. Wildcard has the specifics if you need them.

NMOWY6C.png

Edited by WildCard

On a slightly (see: much) lighter note, I finally got the mouse that was plaguing my apartment. Any ballpark on how long without any signs I should wait before being confident it was just one?

There is never just one.  Bucket trap is your friend.

Oh, and find the hole they are using to get in.

I'm about to do an Auction draft for a fantasy hockey league and I have no idea what the hell this is going to be like :wacko:

Put up borderline players for auction to.make people spend their bankroll. But no one you wouldn't mind being stuck with just in case the bidding never happens.

Put up borderline players for auction to.make people spend their bankroll. But no one you wouldn't mind being stuck with just in case the bidding never happens.

Haha this is exactly what I did. I put up name recognition players that I knew people would bid on. Now I'm about to clean up at the end with the guys I actually want really cheap.

There is never, ever, just one.  Right, we've?

EDIT:

I  should have read the next page.

:w00t:

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

A coworker of mine lives in Vegas and was at the concert with his wife when the shooting happened.  He took today off work because he and his wife spent last night driving wounded to the hospital, giving blood, etc.

So he sent an email out telling his story of that night.  I won't post details of the story to protect his privacy, but he did say this:

The response the night of the tragedy by so many in the face of literal chaos to selflessly help total strangers is amazing and truly saved countless lives. The response by the community of Las Vegas in the ensuing days has been just as amazing. In the face of crisis there is true compassion and love in this country; let’s celebrate that. Life is short, a heck of a roller coaster ride of shared experiences, and a world of opportunity to make a difference.

...Please always remember to love your family and friends, show kindness and compassion to others, and do good in this world.

So, in honor of our famous "how long can a baby survive being microwaved" conversation, I got into a new one worthy of discussion: how many times would you have to drive over someone with a steam roller to grind their bones to literal dust?

Oh, wait.  I think that is the tootsie pop centre thing.

So, in honor of our famous "how long can a baby survive being microwaved" conversation, I got into a new one worthy of discussion: how many times would you have to drive over someone with a steam roller to grind their bones to literal dust?

What kind of surface are we doing the rolling on? 

And are we talking small child? fully grown man? brittle old man with osteoporosis?

the people need to know!