The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Okay, that's funny. But wait, there's more! Here is a section from a student who got a 6 on the assignment. Mike Weber, my other hated defenseman.

1501814391506-289642218.jpg

Not cool to post that so late at night.. I will have nightmares about sentence structure* tonight.

*structure is a very generous word in this case.

Hell, for that matter, "sentence" is also a very generous word!

So I bought some hamburgers last weekend and immediately froze them. Then Wednesday at 7pm I put two of them in the fridge to thaw overnight to have yesterday night, but yesterday my stomach did its obnoxious thing and so I had to eat bland food. Can I cook and eat the burgers today or should I throw them out? They've now been in the fridge for 46 hours.

Everything I read says "one or two days". Which sucks, because I'm at two, and the OR in there leaves that totally freaking ambiguous. 

So I bought some hamburgers last weekend and immediately froze them. Then Wednesday at 7pm I put two of them in the fridge to thaw overnight to have yesterday night, but yesterday my stomach did its obnoxious thing and so I had to eat bland food. Can I cook and eat the burgers today or should I throw them out? They've now been in the fridge for 46 hours.

Everything I read says "one or two days". Which sucks, because I'm at two, and the OR in there leaves that totally freaking ambiguous. 

I would eat them. I've done it after much longer than only two days.

Get them to at least 160 and you're fine.

Okay, that's funny. But wait, there's more! Here is a section from a student who got a 6 on the assignment. Mike Weber, my other hated defenseman.

attachicon.gif1501814391506-289642218.jpg

Please tell me that's 6 out of 100.  We should not accept ###### like this from college students.  I'm serious.  If we are graduating kids like this with bachelor degrees, then what's the point?

Edited by Eleven

Get them to at least 160 and you're fine.

Please tell me that's 6 out of 100. We should not accept ###### like this from college students. I'm serious. If we are graduating kids like this with bachelor degrees, then what's the ###### point?

Rest easy my friend, it was indeed 6/100.

I would eat them. I've done it after much longer than only two days.

Same. I've probably gone a week before.

If they were in the freezer until Wednesday night, and then immediately into the fridge, I would cook and eat them until Saturday night without thinking twice and probably be willing to roll the dice and eat them on Monday night.

Enjoying the fine weather this holiday Monday.  The humidity has finally broken after yesterday's much needed rain ... we need more and it's coming tomorrow. Today we are planning a small outing for a bit of a hike and then tending to some yard work ... love it.  

And ...

It's cherry season and peach and nectarine season.  I tell you the cheery on top of anything has to be sweet cherries.  The problem is I can't really control myself, so a touch of the felling of a bit of cherrypeachnectarinearrhea, but nothing yet.

If you were to convince your brain of experiencing bodily harm, but not actually physically receiving it, would it still be the same experience?

I read somewhere (or someone told me in a bar one time and I took it as fact) that your brain blocks your ability to remember pain. You can remember that something was excruciating, but you can't remember the sensation.

Seemed interesting at the time.

Today, not 1,not 2,but 3....yes 3 different 14 year olds had babies!!! Wtf is happening to this world

If it makes you feel any better, teenage pregnancy has declined by almost 25% over the last decade in the US.  Still absurdly high as compared to the rest of the developed world.  Also, I would be willing to bet it'll be going back up for the next few years though.

Saddest thing I came across during my Social Services days: 27 year old grandmother.  I can't even with that.