The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

34 minutes ago, LTS said:

But why?  Did I miss something?

Same reasons most of the good ones step away: The frustrating conversations outweighed the stimulating ones.

It’s too bad because he always ranked high on the stimulating end of the spectrum, and, for me, his loss tilts the balance in the wrong direction.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Looks like we lost a great one.

In conversation with @Thorny his retirement is permanent.

He said that he will lurk and may post some reactions to posts, but he is finished posting.

I am hoping that he changes his mind.  After all @LabattBlue came out of retirement after many years and he still is a force even at his ripe old age.

Luckily my retirement pause was in the middle of the terrible era.  Now that they are ready to turn the corner, you are stuck with me.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Looks like we lost a great one.

In conversation with @Thorny his retirement is permanent.

He said that he will lurk and may post some reactions to posts, but he is finished posting.

I am hoping that he changes his mind.  After all @LabattBlue came out of retirement after many years and he still is a force even at his ripe old age.

I remember back in 2013-2014 when we really started to bleed original posters. We’re missing a lot of great contributors from the sites glory days. Hopefully some return in the coming months. 

• Like (+1) 2

In regards to @Thorny it was one reply to a post of his that pushed him away.

EDIT:  Actually it was not a direct reply to a @Thorny post, but shots were fired directly at him in a posted  reply to another post in the thread in question.  It's easy to find.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
more goodly ...

I snuck out this morning for a golf lesson.  At one point the pro, who I'm pretty sure is younger than me, mentioned his daughter in college.  Meanwhile here I am with a 1 year old.  For the longest time I always used to gauge people's age by the age of their kids.  I really need to find a new system.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, shrader said:

I snuck out this morning for a golf lesson.  At one point the pro, who I'm pretty sure is younger than me, mentioned his daughter in college.  Meanwhile here I am with a 1 year old.  For the longest time I always used to gauge people's age by the age of their kids.  I really need to find a new system.

I'm in my 60's in have 2 daughter still in their 20's. When they were younger ,I would go to parent/teacher night and get that " Oh, they live with Grampa " look from the teacher . 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

I'm in my 60's in have 2 daughter still in their 20's. When they were younger ,I would go to parent/teacher night and get that " Oh, they live with Grampa " look from the teacher . 

I'll be in that boat eventually.  I was actually thinking at the course about when my son is in school I'll be able to hang out with his friend's grandparents.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, shrader said:

Or how about how the stores by me have had their Halloween decorations on clearance for a couple weeks already and the Christmas stuff is out?

True dat. I don't get the candy buying in August. Is it really put away for the kiddies?

51 minutes ago, shrader said:

Or how about how the stores by me have had their Halloween decorations on clearance for a couple weeks already and the Christmas stuff is out?

I think it is pretty much a given that Halloween marketing immediately replaces back to school in retail now.