The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

On 8/23/2023 at 8:46 AM, Doohickie said:

I woke up late, then on the way to work there was one of those signs that shows freeway conditions and said there was a "major accident" on my route.  I diverted around and took a route through a sketchy area.  Apparently the ballers were sleeping off their nightly intoxication because traffic was almost non-existent on those surface streets and I made it to work on time.  Barely.

That sounds sketchy for sure.

On 8/25/2023 at 10:03 AM, PASabreFan said:

What's the circular rocket icon on the bottom left of our username images?

Color me slightly impressed that the NHL is reasonably close to the NBA and MLB.

The circular rocket thingie shows your ranking in terms of number of posts.  You have one too.  We all do.

You are a 'Hall of Famer'.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
more goodly ...
  • Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

The circular rocket thingie shows your ranking in terms of number of posts.  You have one too.  We all do.

You are a 'Hall of Famer'.

Oh OK. Never thought to click on the rocket. But the icons are all the same. @SDS can this feature be reconsidered? It does mess with the member image. And it makes @Doohickie look like he's really into rockets.

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Oh OK. Never thought to click on the rocket. But the icons are all the same. @SDS can this feature be reconsidered? It does mess with the member image. And it makes @Doohickie look like he's really into rockets.

@SDS may not have any say in this.  It's something that is likely not high on his priority list.

I think that it's more plain for all to see that @Doohickie is really into Wonder Woman and her surely to be banned outfit.   I thank him for that.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/26/2023 at 10:50 AM, Sabres Fan in NS said:

@Doohickie is really into Wonder Woman and her surely to be banned outfit.   I thank him for that.

I follow Lynda Carter on Twitter.  She seems like a genuinely nice person.  There are a few celebrities I follow on Twitter and Facebook not so much because they're my favorite artists, but because they seem like nice people.  Also include Danny Trejo, Dionne Warwick and Henry Winkler on that list.  With all the excesses that you hear about in show business, it's nice to find out there are stars who live wholesome lives.

And yeah, I kind of think Lynda is easy on the eyes.  But that's not the point.

On 8/26/2023 at 10:54 AM, shrader said:

So you’re saying he’s not into rockets?

I used to be a rocket scientist, so there is that...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Well that was fun.  Parked my car at the gas station so I could run inside.  The second I step out of the car I realized that there was a mini swarm of hornets going after a spill on the ground.  I have no idea how I got out of there unscathed because they were pretty much right up against the driver side door.  When I got back to the car, they were also buzzing around the passenger side door.  I managed to sneak back in and climb over to the driver side.

The best part is that I told the woman inside and she told me that they know about them and they can't do anything because there's a fine for killing honey bees.  She knew they weren't honey bees but still was not allowed to do anything.  Call me crazy, but I'm thinking the lawsuit from an allergic person getting stung is probably way more costly than the honey bee fine.  I hope no one parks there anymore today.  They tend to be angry little Fers.

51 minutes ago, shrader said:

Well that was fun.  Parked my car at the gas station so I could run inside.  The second I step out of the car I realized that there was a mini swarm of hornets going after a spill on the ground.  I have no idea how I got out of there unscathed because they were pretty much right up against the driver side door.  When I got back to the car, they were also buzzing around the passenger side door.  I managed to sneak back in and climb over to the driver side.

The best part is that I told the woman inside and she told me that they know about them and they can't do anything because there's a fine for killing honey bees.  She knew they weren't honey bees but still was not allowed to do anything.  Call me crazy, but I'm thinking the lawsuit from an allergic person getting stung is probably way more costly than the honey bee fine.  I hope no one parks there anymore today.  They tend to be angry little Fers.

I have developed an allergy to bees/wasps/hornets later in life. I try to steer clear of them but they are present almost everywhere I go. I haven’t used my epipen and hope to never have to. It scared the heck out of me last year when one sting caused me to lose consciousness, after having been stung dozens of times over the course of my life.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Night Train said:

So the Nebraska womens volleyball team plays interstate Omaha at the football stadium and 92,003 show up.

I guess the corn fields were cleared and there was nothing else to do. 

The event was relevant enough for you to post about it, even if you wanted to throw shade.

I find it pretty cool that they put a volleyball court on the football field, held a match, and got 92,003 people to attend to set the world record for attendance at a women's sporting event.  People were partying in the lots before the match, I am sure it was a cool atmosphere.  I can only imagine the energy during the event.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/38294591/nebraska-volleyball-sets-world-record-attendance-women-sporting-event

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/volleyball/nebraska-volleyball-players-enter-stadium-via-tunnel-walk/video_ce11fabe-5243-5b96-8a7e-d52af526ff9d.html

What an amazing opportunity for those women to experience an intro like football players get. 92,003 fans, regardless of whether they were only there to say they were there were exposed to a women's sport that routinely gets little fanfare.

I don't see a negative in any of this... whether the corn fields were cleared or not.

Oh.. and I'll add that my teenage daughter who plays volleyball found it pretty inspiring.

Edited by LTS
  • Like (+1) 3