The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

On 5/5/2023 at 11:36 PM, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Survived another tax season.

I even took on a part-time role with Intuit as a tax expert.  It was a lot of fun and learned a lot.  They liked me too .. turned tax season contract into an extension for the summer and likely another after Labour Day to prepare for next tax season.  The pay isn't great, but the steady pay cheque every other week is nice.  Anyone that works for themselves will know what I mean.

Did I miss anything exciting?

It's a good thing they had that parade in The Great Satan after finally making it to the Quarter Finals, eh.

Quoting myself ...

My contact with Intuit finished up at the end of August.  

I kept in touch with my Manager after that and he recently told me that they planned to hire one or two Tax Experts on year round contracts.  Part-time, but flexability to work up to 40 hours per week.

I told them that I was interested and my manager recommended me.  Had to go through the process.  On Friday they offered me the job and I accepted.

I have to provide (them too) 20 hours a week and that is what I plan to do, but I will do more if I am available.  I like the work.

Still have my regular clients, which pays the bills.  So, this is extra saving and fun money.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

...and the major contributor in my yard is a pecan tree.  They don't drop leaves singly, they drop them in clusters attached to a stem.  Each leaf is about 4" long.

pecan-leaf-upper_orig.jpg

Yeah.. but you get pecans right?  I'd rather have pecans than maple seeds and acorns.

On 12/29/2023 at 9:46 AM, ska-T Chitown said:

I had a few black walnut trees at a former house ... the oil from the green stuff around the shells kills a lawn hard 😞

Yeah.. those are the trees you want to cut down for the wood.. 🙂