The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

My apologies for not mentioning it sooner.

I just realised that it is Passover.

A special greeting of Peace to any of my Jewish Brothers and Sisters who are observing the week.

It was passover at the park last night at the Marlins stadium. So there is 95 decibel Latin music blaring all night while 1/3 of the crowd was wearing kippahs. Just bizarre.

It was passover at the park last night at the Marlins stadium. So there is 95 decibel Latin music blaring all night while 1/3 of the crowd was wearing kippahs. Just bizarre.

2 days ago I was skiing with about 600 Orthodox Jews complete with curls (sorry, forgot what they're called), yarmulkes (no winter hats), black top coats, white button up shirts, complete with ztitzit, black trousers and no one was wearing gloves. It was one of the stranger things I've ever seen whilst skiing.

I ate the tiniest piece 45 minutes ago and my teeth and brain still hurt.

True story: Several years ago I made a candy cane fudge that my friend immediately dubbed "the cavity-maker".

Biodork: Keeping dentists in business since 2005.

Stupid wind.

Pulled out of the parking lot after work and before I made it 50 yds down the road a branch was blown off a tree overhanging the road and hit my car.  Now I've got a quarter sized gouge in the paint.

Feck wind.

Stupid wind.

Pulled out of the parking lot after work and before I made it 50 yds down the road a branch was blown off a tree overhanging the road and hit my car. Now I've got a quarter sized gouge in the paint.

Feck wind.

Yup! It's tearing the siding off of my eaves. That was fun to run down.

Time for one of random gripes.  

Nope ... not about bananas this time.

It's time for my other periodic gripe about clementines that are advertised as easy to peel and seedless.  Just ate one that was a real challenge and was neither easy to peel, nor seedless.

What gives?

We had a tech thread at one point, but I don't have time to look for it.

Attention all techies.  Especially Windows ... Hi Matt ...

My main work computer is running Windows 7 Pro.  It works very well and I love 7.

The past few days it has been doing some funky things.  One time it started with a setup that was not my settings, or programs, or files or anything ... some thing like 'visitor setup', or something like that.  It said all temporary account settings will be deleted when restarted.  So I restarted and it was fine.

Today it just acted slow and weird, but is now fine after a restart.

So, any ideas?

It's the middle of friggin' tax season and I don't have time for this crap.

We had a tech thread at one point, but I don't have time to look for it.

Attention all techies.  Especially Windows ... Hi Matt ...

My main work computer is running Windows 7 Pro.  It works very well and I love 7.

The past few days it has been doing some funky things.  One time it started with a setup that was not my settings, or programs, or files or anything ... some thing like 'visitor setup', or something like that.  It said all temporary account settings will be deleted when restarted.  So I restarted and it was fine.

Today it just acted slow and weird, but is now fine after a restart.

So, any ideas?

It's the middle of friggin' tax season and I don't have time for this crap.

Is it still slow?

It can be a ton of things. Anywhere from a virus to there's literal dust in your laptop. I would bet you probably just left it on so long it needed to be restarted. Computers are like playing a really long game of chess. Imagine you're playing chess. You play the black pieces, and you know that one bishop is on a black square, and one is one a white square. They shouldn't be able to move onto the same color square. After playing some time, you notice that both bishops are on white squares. You don't know how or why this happened, but you can still fix it by resetting the entire board.

Your computer is the same way. I found this analogy on reddit, always seemed useful to me

Or, he could just install a nurse. Probably be more fun.

He could, but they're laggy and you're always looking for a newer version.... Typically it's uncompabtile with older versions, and it's pricey to uninstall the old versions.

This does not apply in Utah, you can run concurrent versions at the same time ????

He could, but they're laggy and you're always looking for a newer version.... Typically it's uncompabtile with older versions, and it's pricey to uninstall the old versions.

This does not apply in Utah, you can run concurrent versions at the same time

But if he's running an older operating system wouldn't the more mature version be effective in his environment?

But if he's running an older operating system wouldn't the more mature version be effective in his environment?

Contrary to belief the older system actually gets the job done better, the aesthetic layout of course isn't as appealing, however for all the external upgrades of the new version, it's just a money grab