The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

At the risk of offending some people, I don't get the snooze feature on an alarm. Getting that extra 5-15 minutes of ###### sleep doesn't do it for me. Set your alarm for the time you actually want to get up.

Are you kidding? That's the best sleep. I have the most vivid dreams in those five minutes.

At the risk of offending some people, I don't get the snooze feature on an alarm. Getting that extra 5-15 minutes of ###### sleep doesn't do it for me. Set your alarm for the time you actually want to get up.

It'll never happen. If I don't set my alarm for at least a half hour before the time I want to get up, I will never get up on time. 

I've been known to get up, walk across the room, hit snooze, walk back across the room, get back in to bed, all while still asleep. I set multiple alarms because I will turn them off in my sleep. 

So, it was a bright and sunny day, but cold this morning and my wife suggested that I take the Legend out for a spin.  I had an errand to run early before I went to the office and had no morning meetings today.  I never refuse a chance to drive that beaut of a car ...  :flirt:

So, I was heading up to Tantallon (Halifax suburb) to a used book store we frequent to pick up 2 copies of the Book of Negroes.  It's a fantastic book and we wanted to give copies to 2 friends.  

OK.  Now I will get to the point and I have wanted to post this for a long time, but keep forgetting.

From our home in Bedford (about 10 KM north of Halifax) I take a back road that is well used, but avoids the major highway and is more scenic.  I went through Hammond's Plains, which is the hometown of that rat Marchand.

Anyway, there is a big field with no way to get to it off the main road.  There is a home made sign in that field that has been there ever since we arrived here 20 years ago.  The guy who put the sign up (presumably this Andrew character) paints the sign fresh each Spring, so it always looks good and clear.

This sign says ... ROCKS FOR SALE!!  ANDREW ... FAX (and then a number).

Now, I never like to discourage a business person from doing their thing.  Nova Scotians are the nicest people you will ever meet, but many are not that bright.

Dear Andrew,

No native Nova Scotian is going to buy your rocks.  The entire province is made out of granite and there in no end to available rocks FOR FREE.  Next point, we do have many foreigners passing through this route, as it leads to the world renowned Peggy's Cove Lighthouse and village.  These foreigners, many from Ontario, Quebec and even the USA are not likely to a) have a fax machine with them and / or b) a phone line in their trunks to be able to send you a fax about your rocks.

I suggest that you get a phone and post that number on your sign.

Much Love,

NS

Edited by N S

It'll never happen. If I don't set my alarm for at least a half hour before the time I want to get up, I will never get up on time.

I've been known to get up, walk across the room, hit snooze, walk back across the room, get back in to bed, all while still asleep. I set multiple alarms because I will turn them off in my sleep.

I guess I wake up in such a panic with the anxiety of my impending work day that I hit the ground running. The only exception is hangovers, all bets are off then. Edited by inkman

I guess I wake up in such a panic with the anxiety of my impending work day that I hit the ground running. The only exception is hangovers, all bets are off then.

Oh, see, I have no anxiety because I already know that basically nothing is worth getting out of bed for because life is meaningless. 

So if NS ever attends a SS meetup, he is bringing everyone a rock? I wonder what the border folks would say about a trunkful of granite. Would you declare them? I’m intrigued...

Of course I would bring everyone a chunk of NS granite.

And, no I would not declare the granite rocks at the boarder.  My car would probably be over the weight limit for the Peace Bridge though.  Oh, wait.  If I go that route there are too many boarders to cross and I'd have to go through The Great Satan.  Nope.  Not going to do it.  I'd go through NB to Maine and then meander through NH, Vermont to NY.  Yup.

Wait till you have kids. I use to be that way. No one of my kid farts in his sleep and Im awake. Rolls over my eyes open like a horror flick. It sucks because I rarely sleep through the night now. Not sure if I could fall asleep if everything was quiet, been soo long. Would love to give it a try again.

Of course I would bring everyone a chunk of NS granite.

And, no I would not declare the granite rocks at the boarder. My car would probably be over the weight limit for the Peace Bridge though. Oh, wait. If I go that route there are too many boarders to cross and I'd have to go through The Great Satan. Nope. Not going to do it. I'd go through NB to Maine and then meander through NH, Vermont to NY. Yup.

Meander? There are actual highways that will get you there, just saying.. :) but meandering thru there is nice... take a couple days... I recommend it. Edited by North Buffalo

Can't be. Nova Scotia (by definition ;)) AIN'T in Scotland. :P

:w00t:

This is true.  They had to come up with a completely different name, so they settled on New Scotland.

+++++

In other completely random news ...

Remington is bankrupt.  Not the shaver folks, the other one.

Remember Saved By The Bell (honestly I don't)? Well Principle Belding from the show is in a very popular music video now. He's the entire video, just him dancing and signing

Wait didn't I post this months ago? You said you were impressed that a geezer knew about Dirty Heads.

I'm stunned that someone doesn't know there are video stores. I'm guessing you live in an affluent suburb? In rural and poorer areas, a lot of people still don't have the broadband and gizmos to stream movies. I guess I like looking at myself in the shiny DVD. Me like what me sees.

Randomly getting back to this, but there are Redboxes every 15 feet down here, could not possibly tell you where a brick and mortar video store would be. DVDs are easy to come by, you just have to get the machine to give it to you...

I bought an inversion table and have been using it a little more than a week. I have a spinal fusion at L5/S1 and I’m sure a lot of you know what sort of grueling work I’m involved in. What a wonderful tool! Back/neck/hips feel really good. It’s even helping the knee and shoulder that have been waiting for repairs. It’s not comfortable atoll to hang by your ankles but I’ll put up with it six minutes a day to feel like a human again.