The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Actually that does ring a bell

I seen what you did there.

Now I remember. At the height of Bills fever, I posted their song "That's All I Need." It had a line about "right here, right now" and it harkened me back to a Marv Levy saying ("Where else would you rather be than right here, right now!"). Overexplaining for the kids who didn't get to live through the glorious 90s.

So idk where to post this, but the gal and I are booking a long trip in November to Portugal and some other countries, but the flights out of Toronto were dirt cheap (like 400 round trip cheap compared to 1500 from Buffalo) but that means driving to Toronto, parking, etc etc....

My question is, is there anyone in/near Toronto that would be willing to help out with letting me park or helping with Uber or train. The parking there is pricey from what I remember and I know we have some Canadian faithful here on the forum. Any help or advice appreciated.

So idk where to post this, but the gal and I are booking a long trip in November to Portugal and some other countries, but the flights out of Toronto were dirt cheap (like 400 round trip cheap compared to 1500 from Buffalo) but that means driving to Toronto, parking, etc etc....

My question is, is there anyone in/near Toronto that would be willing to help out with letting me park or helping with Uber or train. The parking there is pricey from what I remember and I know we have some Canadian faithful here on the forum. Any help or advice appreciated.

Amtrak goes from Buffalo to TO.  Never done it.  tempted to give it a try for a day trip.

I looked at that and the trains are limited and a super long to get there, doesn't make a ton of sense, plus airport is in missisagua

I did Rochester to Toronto once. It takes forever because of customs. They stop you at the border and one of two things happen - you all disembark with all your crap while they check the cars and you go through a quick passport check then get back on the train and settle back in - or - you sit still and they come on board with a dog and check you seat by seat and move you to different cars. It's a mess. 

Also- you're at the mercy of shipping- there's a section you can't go through if there's a ship in the channel. So you sit and wait near the falls. 

My friend and I did it because the money was ok and we had plenty of time to catch up with each other but yeah it's not quick by any stretch of the imagination. 

So I was walking my dogs last night.  It was raining, and I was in an area where there were no sidewalks.  A car came by and hit my dog (who was on a leash).  The driver stopped and was very sorry; I got his contact information.  I took my dog to the emergency vet and they said no broken bones or internal injuries, just cuts, bruises and road rash.  They had to stitch up some of the cuts.  I'm thankful that it wasn't worse, but now I need to get the $1000 I paid the vet back from the guy who hit her.

So I was walking my dogs last night.  It was raining, and I was in an area where there were no sidewalks.  A car came by and hit my dog (who was on a leash).  The driver stopped and was very sorry; I got his contact information.  I took my dog to the emergency vet and they said no broken bones or internal injuries, just cuts, bruises and road rash.  They had to stitch up some of the cuts.  I'm thankful that it wasn't worse, but now I need to get the $1000 I paid the vet back from the guy who hit her.

Sorry to hear it and glad everyone, especially the humans, is OK. Is he obligated to pay it?

My oldest dog escaped his harness once and got hit. The driver never even slowed down. Pup got clipped and cartwheeled along the ground. He then took off running and I had to chase him down about 2 miles. He lost the pads on his feet (so did I, for chasing him barefoot) but he had no other damage. Took about 2 weeks for his pads to heal. Lots of cleaning every day and a very lousy experience and about a $400 vet bill. But I learned never to walk the dogs in flip flops again. And I bought them different harnesses. It sucks so bad when they're hurt.

Sorry to hear it and glad everyone, especially the humans, is OK. Is he obligated to pay it?

Is obligated?  I suppose a court could decide that ultimately, right?  He seemed like he was sorry and willing to pay... something... but until I talk to him I don't know if he will pony up any money.  I just hope all involved can adult this out.  If he said, hey, I'm sorry I hit your dog, but she did suddenly veer out at me (which she kind of did, but if he hit the dog who was on a 4' leash, he was WAY too close to me), how about if we split 50-50, I'd probably accept that.

I just said a little prayer for you.

It's okay. I feel at peace. Aaaaaooooouuummmmm.

:P

Do it. I drove a minivan for 15 years. I'm pretty sure I'll be going back at some point.

I had one for my second car and I hated it because I loved my first car. But the truth is hard to deny: they're so good.

My parents have had only minivans since the last Caprice and having spent too much time thinking about cars lately I've reached a state of Zen regarding the stigma of the minivan. I have decided that I no longer care. Minivans are good.

A minivan is a vehicle is vehicle for people that aren't so vain that they need to drive a large SUV. Do it. I was curious at one point, Van-dor the Unstoppable is almost exactly the same size inside (150cu ft, maybe?) as a modern Suburban, but you can put 4x8 sheets of stuff and 10 ft lengths of lumber in the van.

It's okay. I feel at peace. Aaaaaooooouuummmmm.

:P

I had one for my second car and I hated it because I loved my first car. But the truth is hard to deny: they're so good.

My parents have had only minivans since the last Caprice and having spent too much time thinking about cars lately I've reached a state of Zen regarding the stigma of the minivan. I have decided that I no longer care. Minivans are good.

You better get to planting that seed and pop out the rug rats so you won't look like a super dork. Maybe you or Jo can use the minivan to Uber. :beer:

Worrying about lookin like a dork is for dorks :P

when I was in my early 20s, still living with my parent sans vehicle, when my grandparents came to town. We all planed on going to my little (ha!) bros football game the next morning. Being of that age, I wanted to sleep in. So everyone piles into my parents vehicles before I'm awake to go to the game. I wake up to a note with a set of keys I don't recognize on it. It reads, "if you want to meet us at the game, take your grandparents minivan."  Not the worst option in the world except my grandparents had a personalized license plate. They had their initials on their vehicle, so the first letters of Helen and Oliver Everson were on the front and back of this minivan. Needless to say my pretentious young ads was mortified to drive the HOE mobile. Still brings back anxiety.

when I was in my early 20s, still living with my parent sans vehicle, when my grandparents came to town. We all planed on going to my little (ha!) bros football game the next morning. Being of that age, I wanted to sleep in. So everyone piles into my parents vehicles before I'm awake to go to the game. I wake up to a note with a set of keys I don't recognize on it. It reads, "if you want to meet us at the game, take your grandparents minivan."  Not the worst option in the world except my grandparents had a personalized license plate. They had their initials on their vehicle, so the first letters of Helen and Oliver Everson were on the front and back of this minivan. Needless to say my pretentious young ads was mortified to drive the HOE mobile. Still brings back anxiety.

Of all the people on this board, I would pick you last in a draft of people who would have a problem with this...

when I was in my early 20s, still living with my parent sans vehicle, when my grandparents came to town. We all planed on going to my little (ha!) bros football game the next morning. Being of that age, I wanted to sleep in. So everyone piles into my parents vehicles before I'm awake to go to the game. I wake up to a note with a set of keys I don't recognize on it. It reads, "if you want to meet us at the game, take your grandparents minivan." Not the worst option in the world except my grandparents had a personalized license plate. They had their initials on their vehicle, so the first letters of Helen and Oliver Everson were on the front and back of this minivan. Needless to say my pretentious young ads was mortified to drive the HOE mobile. Still brings back anxiety.

:lol: amazing