The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

So, my laptop did the same thing when I started it up this morning.

It really looks like there is some kind of glitch in the start up process that fouls up on the first start up.  The screw up has happened often these last few days, but only on the first start up each day.  The second start up attempt has always worked properly.

So, do I never shut this puppy down again?  Ever?

Well, at least until tax season is done might not be a bad idea. ;)

:w00t:

So, like I said ... (n)Ever.

I decided to hop on a random train in Vienna and I am now currently a lot of kilometers outside of any city, I got off at a random stop and am walking through a field to a mountain..... Still trying to find a restaurant outside of population, and it's getting dark, should be fun ☺️

Sounds like you are in the middle of nowhere and still connected.  I could be a handful of kilometers outside of Halifax and sometimes in Halifax and not have my phone network connected.

Beware of the baying hounds .........

+++++

Well, at least my phone is working a lot better since I purged all the junk apps.

In another turn of events, I hopped a train to Salzburg, just for the day, may dabble into Germany as well, anyone ever been to Salzburg? Any suggestions maybe

A lifetime ago!

tumblr_misci3Jvfn1rggrn8o1_400.gif

Really lovely city.

We didn't do a SOM tour, but we found some of the sites on our own. (I'm not ashamed - it remains one of my favourite movies ever.)

We also found a restaurant up on a local hill/mountain/bluff and had a lovely meal overlooking the city.

The beer halls also come heavily recommended.

Dag nab it!!

I am a creature of habit ... read OCD ...

Same thing happened this morning ...  :(

I am up and running now and NS Power will love me even more from now on.

Edited by N S

Shorts and a tea shirt?  Is it not still winter in Austria?

My grandfather was from that part of Austria.

+++++

Paging, MattPie.

MattPie, pink courtesy phone.

;)

It's 62F in Vienna right now.  At 10pm.  Latitude means a lot, lot less on the other side of the Atlantic.

I am insanely jealous, wood.

It's been in the 70s every day with no precipitation throughout all of eastern europe, I expected it to be chilly because of the elevation, especially in the mountain region, but I actually got a little sunburn.

My name is Marc and I have a problem, I have a travel addiction

It's been in the 70s every day with no precipitation throughout all of eastern europe, I expected it to be chilly because of the elevation, especially in the mountain region, but I actually got a little sunburn.

My name is Marc and I have a problem, I have a travel addiction

Hi Marc,

There are a lot worse things to be addicted to.  

Don't fight that addiction!!  Feed it!!

Please, please ... take a train to Sarajevo.  You won't regret it.  It is about a 45 minute flight from Vienna.  On a cheap Euro airline.

Then ... Istanbul.  DO IT!!

Edited by N S

Haha love ya NS.

I almost made it on my Italy/Croatia trip, but Bosnia will have to wait until maybe my Greece trip, I'm trying to bundle them all together to hit as many as I can per trip. But have no fear I'm gonna get there.

Also a question for you guys.... I have all these awesome random patches I've been collecting, have about 30 of them, from each country I visit, is it tacky/bragging/silly to sew them on my backpack I travel with, I feel it can stay conversation, or also cause confrontation as well, looking for thoughts?

Haha love ya NS.

I almost made it on my Italy/Croatia trip, but Bosnia will have to wait until maybe my Greece trip, I'm trying to bundle them all together to hit as many as I can per trip. But have no fear I'm gonna get there.

Also a question for you guys.... I have all these awesome random patches I've been collecting, have about 30 of them, from each country I visit, is it tacky/bragging/silly to sew them on my backpack I travel with, I feel it can stay conversation, or also cause confrontation as well, looking for thoughts?

You do you. F### anyone that wants to confront you about it.

That said, don't blame me if you end up getting shanked in Eastern Europe. :death:

I have no idea why it posted like that, I uploaded it on the train on my mobile, I don't think there was much else I can do. Glad PA enjoys it

Was the train going sideways?  Was it really a train?  Or was it a rollercoaster?  You can be honest with us.  

I’ve been working 6/10’s for 2 months now. The OT was getting old so they’ve upped the schedule to 7/10’s. By the time the workload lightens to the original 6/10’s, I will have worked 20 straight days. Add in the 2 hr round trip commute and you’ve got a life that’s been suspended. Held hostage if you like that term better. Missing my wife. Missing Amerks hockey. Missing sleep.

The only bright side is the $$. The weeks that included Sunday gross about $4G between pay in the check and benefits.

Nine more years until I hang up the tools for good. That’s a plus too I guess.

I’ve been working 6/10’s for 2 months now. The OT was getting old so they’ve upped the schedule to 7/10’s. By the time the workload lightens to the original 6/10’s, I will have worked 20 straight days. Add in the 2 hr round trip commute and you’ve got a life that’s been suspended. Held hostage if you like that term better. Missing my wife. Missing Amerks hockey. Missing sleep.

The only bright side is the $$. The weeks that included Sunday gross about $4G between pay in the check and benefits.

Nine more years until I hang up the tools for good. That’s a plus too I guess.

That's a ton of work man, you are gonna fry out quickly no? I am definitely in the field of making sure I have a work/life balance, and getting away from all the stress, take some time for you if you can!

That's a ton of work man, you are gonna fry out quickly no? I am definitely in the field of making sure I have a work/life balance, and getting away from all the stress, take some time for you if you can!

I’ve done far worse. 7/18’s when we completed the chain of bridges over the river in Corning. It’s the bed I’ve made. Work hard, play hard. When I’ve had enough I take a few consecutive months off. That’s one thing that brought me into this. There’s a lot of freedom in my business. I dropped out of a chemical engineering program to live this life. I’ll be ok. There’s a lot more folks busting ass for far less than I make.

I’m a very lucky man to be able to retire with income for life at fifty five.

Besides, the world needs its knuckle dragging Ogres.

I’ve done far worse. 7/18’s when we completed the chain of bridges over the river in Corning. It’s the bed I’ve made. Work hard, play hard. When I’ve had enough I take a few consecutive months off. That’s one thing that brought me into this. There’s a lot of freedom in my business. I dropped out of a chemical engineering program to live this life. I’ll be ok. There’s a lot more folks busting ass for far less than I make.

I’m a very lucky man to be able to retire with income for life at fifty five.

Besides, the world needs its knuckle dragging Ogres.

I suppose I'm not the one to talk ???????? In that case, make that money and live it it!!