The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Very nice, Jo.

A truly odd thing happened at the video store a bit ago. I went in to get season three of Better Call Saul. I had three ones in my wallet and got a dime out of the glove compartment to cover the tax (videos are $2.99). Math was not my strong suit, so with 6% tax, I was going to be seven cents short. Before the clerk asked for $3.17 and before I could realize I was short, an older guy behind me in line offered to help me out and pulled some change out of his pocket. I was confused and said no, thanks, I've got it. A couple seconds later I turned back around and asked for seven cents. It was weird. And great. There are still good people in the world with ESP.

Very nice, Jo.

A truly odd thing happened at the video store a bit ago. I went in to get season three of Better Call Saul. I had three ones in my wallet and got a dime out of the glove compartment to cover the tax (videos are $2.99). Math was not my strong suit, so with 6% tax, I was going to be seven cents short. Before the clerk asked for $3.17 and before I could realize I was short, an older guy behind me in line offered to help me out and pulled some change out of his pocket. I was confused and said no, thanks, I've got it. A couple seconds later I turned back around and asked for seven cents. It was weird. And great. There are still good people in the world with ESP.

You went to the what to do what now?

To a video store chain that has 775 locations in the U.S. Human beings work there and the the stores pay local taxes. You see your neighbors when you go there. You talk to people. Some of the movies have hand written signs indicating that certain staff members liked them. It's nice.

To a video store chain that has 775 locations in the U.S. Human beings work there and the the stores pay local taxes. You see your neighbors when you go there. You talk to people. Some of the movies have hand written signs indicating that certain staff members liked them. It's nice.

Face it, you haven't lived until you've seen "Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace" on Betamax. :p

That sounds terrifying! :)

Today marks the first time in the seven years that Josie and I have been together that we both got up to work a 9-5 job. We've never once had the same work schedule.

Outside of the chosen few that are either related to our company owner or are some child hood friend likewise, no one I know works 9-5. Maybe 8-5 or 7-4 but no one here gets away with those hours. More power to ya.

Outside of the chosen few that are either related to our company owner or are some child hood friend likewise, no one I know works 9-5. Maybe 8-5 or 7-4 but no one here gets away with those hours. More power to ya.

I work something like 9:30-10 to 6 (and then a couple hours at home 9-11PM). I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

I wish I could work 7-3:30. I hate getting out at 5. 

Since we never close I work four tens, rotating shifts. 1 shift: 7a-5p 2 shift: 1p-11p 3 shift: 9p-7a. Weekends every other month. I frequently do not know what day it is.

I like the human hours of day shift, but prefer night shift as it's more interesting. Second shift can get right in the trash.

Not hating, just genuinely stunned to learn that such a thing still exists.

I'm stunned that someone doesn't know there are video stores. I'm guessing you live in an affluent suburb? In rural and poorer areas, a lot of people still don't have the broadband and gizmos to stream movies. I guess I like looking at myself in the shiny DVD. Me like what me sees.

I'm stunned that someone doesn't know there are video stores. I'm guessing you live in an affluent suburb? In rural and poorer areas, a lot of people still don't have the broadband and gizmos to stream movies. I guess I like looking at myself in the shiny DVD. Me like what me sees.

There are no video stores in my area either and it's no where near affluent. Our last blockbuster closed several years ago. They were replaced by redbox kiosks and Netflix. Even if you don't have the internet speeds to stream the dvd portion of Netflix offers a truly massive library. I've been a customer since around 2006 up until late last year when I cancelled the dvd portion of my account. In the 12 years I had their dvd service there were probably less than 10 movies I tried to get that were unavailable.