The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Contrary to belief the older system actually gets the job done better, the aesthetic layout of course isn't as appealing, however for all the external upgrades of the new version, it's just a money grab

Cool. Sounds like he could probably find a legacy version cheap. Just can't see an accountant wanting to shell out big bucks for more bells & whistles than he really needs.

Just happened to look down and noticed I'm wearing navy blue socks w/ gray pants and black shoes... I'm going to go ahead and blame Daylight Savings Time for making me get dressed in the dark.  

It's really bothering me now that I know we have a situation...

Is it still slow?

It can be a ton of things. Anywhere from a virus to there's literal dust in your laptop. I would bet you probably just left it on so long it needed to be restarted. Computers are like playing a really long game of chess. Imagine you're playing chess. You play the black pieces, and you know that one bishop is on a black square, and one is one a white square. They shouldn't be able to move onto the same color square. After playing some time, you notice that both bishops are on white squares. You don't know how or why this happened, but you can still fix it by resetting the entire board.

Your computer is the same way. I found this analogy on reddit, always seemed useful to me

It's very good today.

Years ago my laptop would just shut down for no apparent reason.  Took it to the shop and the tech guys called me up after they took it apart later in the day to see what was up ... fans clogged completely with cat fur.  The fans were not working and so it shut down to save itself.  In this case that is not the problem.  A for the rest of your post ...  :unsure:

NS, go on Amazon and buy a nice 20-30$ TENS unit, use it on your aches, I'm only 33 and tweak myself all the time, I promise you, you won't regret it

While I am now addicted to shopping on Amazon with VISA gift cards it is a lot better today ... so long as I don't stand up, sit down, bend down or reach up.

Or, he could just install a nurse. Probably be more fun.

This was going to be my next step after a reboot.  I assume you are talking about my laptop issues and not my back issues.  I remembered the discussion of nurses in Eleven's thread though, so I hesitated.  Now I seem to remember the issue in that thread was trying to uninstall nurses and not installing them.

Concerning my back ... my wife has a very cute and small nurses outfit from when we were dating.  I might see if she is willing to put that on and then do some treatment, or other.

He could, but they're laggy and you're always looking for a newer version.... Typically it's uncompabtile with older versions, and it's pricey to uninstall the old versions.

This does not apply in Utah, you can run concurrent versions at the same time

Well this escalated nicely.  Somewhere, PA is licking himself like a cat.

But if he's running an older operating system wouldn't the more mature version be effective in his environment?

Even more escalation.

Contrary to belief the older system actually gets the job done better, the aesthetic layout of course isn't as appealing, however for all the external upgrades of the new version, it's just a money grab

And, even more ...

Cool. Sounds like he could probably find a legacy version cheap. Just can't see an accountant wanting to shell out big bucks for more bells & whistles than he really needs.

And the cherry on top ... to the bolded ... exactly!!

I'd like to keep this going, but about to board a plane to Hungary, got 4 counties this week, no nurses allowed

There you go again.  Travel as much as you can whenever you can ... words to live by.  Safe travels.

Just happened to look down and noticed I'm wearing navy blue socks w/ gray pants and black shoes... I'm going to go ahead and blame Daylight Savings Time for making me get dressed in the dark.  

I really don't see a problem here ...  :unsure:

Nothing wrong with that combo.

It's very good today.

Years ago my laptop would just shut down for no apparent reason.  Took it to the shop and the tech guys called me up after they took it apart later in the day to see what was up ... fans clogged completely with cat fur.  The fans were not working and so it shut down to save itself.  In this case that is not the problem.  A for the rest of your post ...  :unsure:

While I am now addicted to shopping on Amazon with VISA gift cards it is a lot better today ... so long as I don't stand up, sit down, bend down or reach up.

This was going to be my next step after a reboot.  I assume you are talking about my laptop issues and not my back issues.  I remembered the discussion of nurses in Eleven's thread though, so I hesitated.  Now I seem to remember the issue in that thread was trying to uninstall nurses and not installing them.

Concerning my back ... my wife has a very cute and small nurses outfit from when we were dating.  I might see if she is willing to put that on and then do some treatment, or other.

Well this escalated nicely.  Somewhere, PA is licking himself like a cat.

Even more escalation.

And, even more ...

And the cherry on top ... to the bolded ... exactly!!

There you go again.  Travel as much as you can whenever you can ... words to live by.  Safe travels.

I really don't see a problem here ...  :unsure:

Nothing wrong with that combo.

You guys are nuts.  

I wear funky socks. They always match something, be it my tie, shirt, suit or all 3. Gotta love the Navy blue, powder blue and red argyle with a navy blue pinstripe suit, powder blue shirt and red power tie.

Seriously, I'm the jersey shore of business dress.

The shoes are clearly the problem there.

They clearly serve an orthopedic function.

1. They're comfortable. 

2. My other pair of black dress shoes had to be euthanized a few weeks ago as the soles finally gave up the ghost (see what I did there?)

3. See 1. above.

I wear funky socks. They always match something, be it my tie, shirt, suit or all 3. Gotta love the Navy blue, powder blue and red argyle with a navy blue pinstripe suit, powder blue shirt and red power tie.

Seriously, I'm the jersey shore of business dress.

I tend towards loud socks in the office too.

Belt matches the shoes in color and texture.

Shoes match the belt

In life I say that you guys are right.

If I recall correctly, the always impeccably dressed Herb Tarlek on WKRP used to match his socks to his belt.  That's what made it funny, but maybe I have that all wrong.

Edited by N S

So, starting a few days ago I have been getting pop up ads on my phone (BlackBerry Priv) running full android.

They freeze the phone and I can't get rid of them many times.  Sometimes I can.  Right now there is an ad on my screen and the phone is frozen.

Help.

And NO!! I have not installed nurses, or tried to uninstall them.

Taro,

I think you said that you have a Priv.  Anything like this happen to you?

It seems that Google, which owns android has just started a thing called 'auto ads'.  Just shoot me now.