Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

Phil it is then.. all in contact TPegs and make it so.

Pump him up as a man of strong faith, tell him some impressive story of hard work about Phil that isn't related to hockey whatsoever, and send over a bottle of red wine and say it's from Phil.

Can we start the Fire Tim Murray thread yet?

Anytime you want, but if it's a reaction to not getting a 4th and a 6th for Kulikov and Franson, I think deep breaths are in order first. 

I don't think teams wanted these players. Murray just said that teams were very hesitant with Kulikov's injuries. He as 2 points and a minus a billion in the games he has played. 

Here's where I stand with Tim - we need playoffs next year, and to do that we're going to need at least 2 and probably 3 average to good NHL defensemen. We need him to bite the bullet and send guys like Gorges and Moulson and Ennis into oblivion, Rochester, LV, wherever. If these three guys get regular roster time at the expense of Rochester players who are ready, we will not make the playoffs. 

It's a tall order and I have little confidence that he fulfills it. If we start next season the way this one has been going, he needs to be gone. 

Anytime you want, but if it's a reaction to not getting a 4th and a 6th for Kulikov and Franson, I think deep breaths are in order first. 

I don't think teams wanted these players. Murray just said that teams were very hesitant with Kulikov's injuries. He as 2 points and a minus a billion in the games he has played. 

Here's where I stand with Tim - we need playoffs next year, and to do that we're going to need at least 2 and probably 3 average to good NHL defensemen. We need him to bite the bullet and send guys like Gorges and Moulson and Ennis into oblivion, Rochester, LV, wherever. If these three guys get regular roster time at the expense of Rochester players who are ready, we will not make the playoffs. 

It's a tall order and I have little confidence that he fulfills it. If we start next season the way this one has been going, he needs to be gone. 

He also needs take DB on a camping trip then break his leg and leave him to the wolves in the Canadian wilderness or something.

This point is especially important for me. He needs to demonstrate the ability to manage the cap. He hasn't yet. If anything, he's shown a total disregard for it. That's easy to do when we had a gazillion miles of space, and while Eichel and Reinhart are on ELCs. Those days are gone.

This point is especially important for me. He needs to demonstrate the ability to manage the cap. He hasn't yet. If anything, he's shown a total disregard for it. That's easy to do when we had a gazillion miles of space, and while Eichel and Reinhart are on ELCs. Those days are gone.

I wish I was feeling more confident with regards to all this. I'm slightly nervous for what comes next. It's a big offseason for Murray.

And, unfortunately, from what he says, he seems to be on the same page as Bylsma. *shudder*

Edited by Thorny

I wish I was feeling more confident with regards to all this. I'm slightly nervous for what comes next. It's a big offseason for Murray.

And, unfortunately, from what he says, he seems to be on the same page as Bylsma. *shudder*

Yeah, I get the same sense that Bylsma is safe for a while longer. At least through the beginning of next season. Which is fine by me at this point. It gives me some more time to focus on my life this year rather than waste it on this sinking ship of a franchise. I've got better things to do than continue watching an overrated coach cripple the development of his talented young forwards.

yes indeedly.

OK Dan, two things should be clear: what we've been doing is not working, and the only help you are getting now is from inside the organization.

Can we please try something new for the last 20 games and see what happens?

1) Jack Eichel is the franchise: he's our most talented player and lately he's been our best. Can we please play him as a first line centre? By that I mean the forward that gets the most ice time? Play him against the top guys; if Toews schools him, consider it a learning experience and throw him back out there. Stoke those competitive fires. Put the game on his shoulders. He wants it. Let him try some PK work. Give him some extra shifts with the guys on the fourth line. Send him out for as many offensive zone faceoffs as he can handle. Design your game plan around him, not ROR. It's his team. Give it to him.

2) Give ROR a break. The man has no sense of self-preservation; he can't say no. And his coach for the second year in a row has run him into the ground. He's not the player he was earlier in the year. Give a minute of his ice time to Jack, a minute to Sam and a minute to Zemgus. Still give him the key defensive zone faceoffs, but move him to left wing. With Jack. Our most talented player. And our most complete player. Together. I can't see any reason why their skills wouldn't mesh. It's not rocket science. Give it a shot.

3) Evan Rodrigues is a smart hockey player. He is a fast hockey player. He has been our most effective call-up this year. Give him a shot with Jack and Ryan. He can read them and can take advantage of what they create. He's one of the few guys we know has shown chemistry with Jack. Unheralded guys like Chris Kunitz and Matt Moulson have carved successful NHL careers out of being able to take advantage of an opportunity. Give him an opportunity.

4) For god's sake put Sam Reinhart at centre and leave him there. Stop making him a sidekick and let him be a focal point, like he has been his entire life before he met you Dan. Let him be the player we drafted. The guy knows the game. Let it flow through him. Give him some burly wingers with finish. Guys who can get open and who can work in traffic, guys with the hands to take advantage of his sweet passes. You know, guys like Kyle Okposo and Evander Kane. See what kind of chemistry they could generate.

5) Stick with the checking line. It works. Larsson, Gionta and Foligno were good. Girgensons, Gionta and Foligno were better. Zemgus can be a good hockey player and since Larry has gone down he has been a good hockey player. He's fast, competitive. He can grind the b*tches down. That whole line can. He's been very poorly developed by this organization, but he has the right stuff to shake it off if he's put in a position to succeed. This is a position where he can succeed. Show him some trust and stability for a little while.

6) Forget about perception or pedigree and play the defencemen that deserve it. Risto and McCabe have been the best combo. Keep them together on the first pair. Fedun and Falk have been OK as a third pair. Use them in that role. Franson has been pretty steady really, our third best defenceman this year. Bogo has played his best hockey with Cody. Make them the default number two pair. Tell Bogo to forget everything he's been taught since you arrived and just play on instinct. He will continue to mess up, but he also may make some positive plays. Kulikov and Gorges can sit until someone falters. ###### how talented they are supposed to be or how competitive they are. They just haven't been good enough. Let Dimitri get healthy and Josh retire.

7) When Tim signs Sean Malone out of college, try him at the fourth line centre spot. When he signs Borgen, see what he can do. Rotate Fasching and Baptiste in for looks along with Bailey and Carrier on the fourth line. Moulson, Ennis and DLo have no future here. Let's see who does.

Please Dan, reward the players who play well. Sit the players who don't.

Show them some trust. Stoke their fires. Let them learn from their mistakes, instead of your whiteboard.

Instead of focusing all of your attention on what should work, pay more attention to what does work.

Shake up the status quo. Pass the torch. See what we've been missing.

What do you have to lose?

Edited by dudacek

OK Dan, two things should be clear: what we've been doing is not working, and the only hope you are getting is from inside the organization.

1) Jack Eichel is the franchise: he's our most talented player and lately he's been our best. Can we please play him as a first line centre? By that I mean the forward that gets the most ice time? Play him against the top guys; if Toews schools him, consider it a learning experience and throw him back out there. Stoke those competitive fires. Put the game on his shoulders. He wants it. Let him try some PK work. Give him some extra shifts with the guys on the fourth line. Send him out for as many offensive zone faceoffs as he can handle. Design your game plan around him, not ROR. It's his team. Give it to him.

2) Give ROR a break. The man has no sense of self-preservation; he can't say no. And his coach for the second year in a row has run him into the ground. He's not the player he was earlier in the year. Give a minute of his ice time to Jack, a minute to Sam and a minute to Zemgus. Still give him the key defensive zone faceoffs, but move him to  left wing. With Jack. Our most talented player. Our most complete player. Together. I can't see any reason why their skills wouldn't mesh. It's not rocket science. Give it a shot.

3) Evan Rodrigues is a smart hockey player. He is a fast hockey player. He has been our most effective call-up this year. Give him a shot with Jack and Ryan. He can read them and can take advantage of what they create. He's one of the few guys we know has shown chemistry with Jack. Unheralded guys like Chris Kunitz and Matt Moulson have carved successful NHL careers out of being able to take advantage of an opportunity. Give him an opportunity.

4) For god's sake put Sam Reinhart at centre and leave him there. Stop making him a sidekick and let him be a focal point, like he has been his entire life before he met you Dan. Let him be the player we drafted. The guy knows the game. Let it flow through him. Give him some burly wingers with finish. Guys who can get open and who can work in traffic, guys with the hands to take advantage of his sweet passes. You know, guys like Kyle Okposo and Evander Kane. Seem what kind of chemistry they could generate.

5) Stick with the checking line. It works. Larsson, Gionta and Foligno were good. Girgensons, Gionta and Foligno were better. Zemgus can be a good hockey player and since Larry has gone down he has been a good hockey player. He's fast, competitive. He can grind the b*tches down. That whole line can. He's been very poorly developed by this organization, but he has the right stuff to shake it off if he's put in a position to succeed. This is a position where he can succeed. Show him some trust and stability for a little while.

6) Forget about perception or pedigree and play the defencemen that deserve it. Risto and McCabe have been the best combo. Keep them together on the first pair. Fedun and Falk have been OK as a third pair. Use them in that role. Franson has been pretty steady really, our third best defenceman this year. Bogo has played his best hockey with Cody. Make them the default number two pair. Tell Bogo to forget everything he's been taught since you arrived and just play on instinct. He will continue to mess up, but he also may make some positive plays. Kulikov and Gorges can sit until someone falters. ###### how talented they are supposed to be or how competitive they are. They just haven't been good enough. Let Dimitri get healthy and Josh retire.

7) When Tim signs Sean Malone out of college, try him at the fourth line centre spot. When he signs Borgen, see what he can do. Rotate Fasching and Baptiste in for looks along with Bailey and Carrier on the fourth line. Moulson, Ennis and DLo have no future here. Let's see who does.

Show them some trust. Stoke their fires. Let them learn from their mistakes, instead of your whiteboard.

Instead of focusing all of your attention on what should work, pay more attention to what does work.

That was a good read and I agree with all of it. TY

Possible expansion draft?

Did I really hear yesterday that there are nine whiteboards in the locker room? :blink:

Dan, if you can't convey what you are trying to convey with only one or two, hell, even five whiteboards, then you gotta go.

Did I really hear yesterday that there are nine whiteboards in the locker room? :blink:

Dan, if you can't convey what you are trying to convey with only one or two, hell, even five whiteboards, then you gotta go.

I hereby declare, based on no authority whatsoever, that we refer to "Disco" Dan as Rube Goldberg.

OK Dan, two things should be clear: what we've been doing is not working, and the only help you are getting now is from inside the organization.

2) Give ROR a break. The man has no sense of self-preservation; he can't say no. And his coach for the second year in a row has run him into the ground. He's not the player he was earlier in the year. Give a minute of his ice time to Jack, a minute to Sam and a minute to Zemgus. Still give him the key defensive zone faceoffs, but move him to left wing. With Jack. Our most talented player. And our most complete player. Together. I can't see any reason why their skills wouldn't mesh. It's not rocket science. Give it a shot.

4) For god's sake put Sam Reinhart at centre and leave him there. Stop making him a sidekick and let him be a focal point, like he has been his entire life before he met you Dan. Let him be the player we drafted. The guy knows the game. Let it flow through him. Give him some burly wingers with finish. Guys who can get open and who can work in traffic, guys with the hands to take advantage of his sweet passes. You know, guys like Kyle Okposo and Evander Kane. See what kind of chemistry they could generate.

:worthy:  :worthy:

None of this is going to happen.

Nicely done.

(Damn gifs aren't working anymore :( )

Edited by Touched by Boyes