Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

Seems unlikely to me as well. More likely to me, they are just getting to the point where they aren't thinking so much because they know the system and can just go play.

Besides, why the hell would one of the alternate captains need to drop hints in the media to make a point to his coach? They are all adults, isn't it more likely they just have a conversation? Call me crazy ...

That's a better, more sensical reading of it. Knowing what they're supposed to do, having put in the work at practice, and just getting after it.

No such thing as a stupid question, you know?  I tried to google it but urban dictionary is blocked at work, it seems. 

Oh I just wanted to get a subtweet in.  I didn't think it was a stupid question at all.  

Compare and contrast: subtweeting and vaguebooking. K-thx-bye.

I'll bite: Vaguebooking often doesn't involve a target - just more a cry for help/pity.

Vaguebook status be like:

"It's so hard when you think you've done everything you can to succeed, and then everything just falls apart."

More like a subtweet when the vaguebook be like:

"Nothing worse than a broken heart."

Ugh. Most times, I hate social media.

"Hey, bro. Next time, just @ me."

Translated:

"Hey, bro. Next time, just AT me."

In the world of Twitter, if you have a decent number of followers, and Tweet about someone without including their handle (@KingstonGurl98), you are subtweeting them.

Subtweet from someone we'll call Victoria L.:

Just because you're captain of the cheerleading team doesn't mean you can be texting someone's man. #Hesmine

In that Tweet, @KingstonGurl98, Alyssa M., is the cheer captain and is accused of texting Victoria's boyfriend. But Victoria did not @ Alyssa; she subtweeted her. It is likely (but not essential) that both girls follow each other on Twitter.

It's new technology and terminology, but it's a familiar thing in that it's a modern form of passive-aggressive behaviour.

And that in turn could prompt a subtweet from Alyssa.

Some girls just like to stir up trouble. Just @ me if you have something to say.

Days gone by, it would have been: Why don't you say that to my face?!

This is beautiful.

It also makes me cringe and look forward to the days when I'm even older and even more curmudgeonly.

Keep in mind that the Devils Neutral Zone Trap was implemented during the era of the two-line pass (at least I think that's the case).  So, the design would be to clog everything between the top of the zone and before the red line.  Once the two line pass was removed the neutral zone became bigger so the collapsing area had to be focused to include blue-line to blue-line.  If you slide up more and press your two defenders up to the red line more you are playing the angles and hoping that a guy doesn't slide behind you on a timing play (see Moulson's opportunity in the WPG game - also, the first time I've really seen the Sabres use the troll the blue line get the pass tactic in awhile). 

Also commonly used and of course remembered is the left wing lock tactic which uses the LW as a 3rd D and focuses the forecheck from the RW and C.  You can use it the opposite way as well of course and I would suspect you would do that depending on the opponent stronger wing. 

All in all, anything but aggressively forechecking two forwards in the offensive zone is going to lead to clogged ice in the neutral zone...

Thank you for that, I completely forgot about the red line so that makes sense as to why the trap has evolved and been renamed.

But it still goes back to the dump and chase offense that should predicate your defensive scheme.

1.If you dump, you need chasers.

2.If you have no chasers, you're just turning the puck over.

3.If you play a passive 2-1-2 you're playing a passive dump and chase. 

4. see 1.

The variations of all the trap defensive schemes are totally reliant on a puck control offense, which we don't do. So we can only play defense well once we employ an aggressive 2-1-2 which is what Dan does once we're down a goal or two. It's the light switch to me.

And now I've learned two new words today.

I missed the second word.

I'm not re-reading to find it, I'm just running with the assumption it's as valuable to me as the first one I learned the meaning of.

You don't have to go that far back.  Just 2 posts prior to yours.

Dam you NS you made me look!

All this nice guy stuff is just a ruse!

I am very happily social media deprived, ignorance is total bliss. Mrs. Racer is on FB, she stays in touch with my entire family except my Dad. Him and I call each other and are very happy dinosaurs.

I've been checked out since the two Boston games. This team could still concievably go on a ridiculous run and make the playoffs, but the chances of that happening under Dan are so miniscule.

What is GMTM doing? What the ###### is he watching?

Blaming the injuries. Listen to his interview on WGR this week...I didn't get even the slightest indication he's displeased with Bylsma.

I'm thinking and I can't answer this myself..

Do we think Murray would throw Bylsma under the bus on the radio?  I get the feeling he wouldn't.  All he really said about Nolan was that they never spoke right?

Blaming the injuries. Listen to his interview on WGR this week...I didn't get even the slightest indication he's displeased with Bylsma.

He even blamed the shootout woes on the absence of Tyler Ennis.

Murray sounds fat and comfortable.

I'm thinking and I can't answer this myself..

Do we think Murray would throw Bylsma under the bus on the radio?  I get the feeling he wouldn't.  All he really said about Nolan was that they never spoke right?

No, I don't. But he sounded unequivocally supportive. 

He even blamed the shootout woes on the absence of Tyler Ennis.

Murray sounds fat and comfortable.

Oh man, I forgot about that whopper.

I disagree with your conclusion, however. He sounds like a guy who had no problem identifying the flaws in the previous guy's players and jettisoning them, but now that the roster is mostly his acquisitions, it's not so easy to say the roster is flawed.

Bylsma: "We're playing a quick team and playing with the puck and managing the puck is such a huge factor, they used it to their advantage"

This. Risto's minutes. ROR's minutes. Eichel/Kane oil/water. It's like he knows what he's supposed to do, but hasn't the slightest idea how to go about doing it. He'll regularly say smart things, but in practice, does things totally contradictory to what he says. It's maddening.