Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

Even if he does fix the roster and we squeak into the playoffs, so what? At that point we're just winning in spite of Byslma. All that does is delay the inevitable firing of DD, and our window of our players' primes grows smaller and smaller

Freidman seems to agree with you. It appears as though if the 4-5 cornerstones of this team really have a problem with Dan, he's gone.

So, Jack, time to show the world what being a millenial is all about!

Not gonna happen.   That's the tail wagging the dog in this case because the 4-5 cornerstones are still very young inexperienced players.

Management will blame injuries, lack of depth on D and the fact they have a young team still learning how to defend.

And I'm OK with that... it's part of the re-build process, it sucks, but that's what you get 2 years removed from icing perhaps the worst team modern NHL history. 

That said, with a healthier roster, a couple better defensemen, and better defensive awareness by the young forwards... if they don't show marked improvement by December next season I believe the death knell will ring for Disco Dan.

that's what you get 2 years removed from icing perhaps the worst team modern NHL history. 

That said, with a healthier roster, a couple better defensemen, and better defensive awareness by the young forwards... if they don't show marked improvement by December next season I believe the death knell will ring for Disco Dan.

I think all of this is going to prove to be substantially, if not almost totally, accurate.

Not gonna happen. That's the tail wagging the dog in this case because the 4-5 cornerstones are still very young inexperienced players.

Management will blame injuries, lack of depth on D and the fact they have a young team still learning how to defend.

And I'm OK with that... it's part of the re-build process, it sucks, but that's what you get 2 years removed from icing perhaps the worst team modern NHL history.

Lovely, let's flush an entire season down the drain. Better defensemen will help. Experience will help. But nothing roster-wise is fixing Bylsma's fundamental flaws, which are identifiable without a perfect roster.

Jack Eichel takes a minimum term RFA contract that has reduced dollar value to help pegula compensate for paying Bylsma to leave?  With the agreement that his contract in a few years will be the top in the league.

So, in some universe that might happen.. but not this one.  Gonna be interesting.  Of course right now everyone would say they are not going to replace the coach because it just adds more media frenzy.  Wait until the season is over and just pull the trigger.. you get a few days of frenzy and then the playoffs start and no one cares anymore.

Lovely, let's flush an entire season down the drain. Better defensemen will help. Experience will help. But nothing roster-wise is fixing Bylsma's fundamental flaws, which are identifiable without a perfect roster.

Marv Levy was a sub .500 head coach for 7 seasons before his Super Bowl runs.  

So yeah, let's dump Dan to the curb just 2 seasons into a rebuild.    Smart.

You think Colorado regrets firing Quenneville after just 3 seasons?

Not gonna happen.   That's the tail wagging the dog in this case because the 4-5 cornerstones are still very young inexperienced players.

Good god again, no it's not. 

Yup. Going into next season with Byslma, to me, is doing just that.

So this is Bylsma's first job as a head coach now?

So yeah, let's dump Dan to the curb just 2 seasons into a rebuild. Smart.

And one could argue with a better coach, the Bills would have won one of those Super Bowls. Besides, I'm not firing Bylsma for his win-loss record, I'm firing him because his approach is not going to win in the playoffs. even strength teams lose, and lose often, at the highest level of competitors. His system directly leads to, at best, worse even strength results than the roster should produce. Will roster improvements and a killer PP get us to the postseason? Probably. Then we can lose like every other similarly constructed team before us. Fun!

For West Wing fans, Bylsma is the Bob Russell of coaches. Rose to prominence through an accident of history, fooling a lot of people along the way. But a turd is a turd, and eventually everyone comes to smell it.

It is when he claims to have re-vamped his system, yet the same problems plague our team that caused Pittsburgh to fire him.

Keeping DB next season means we will have completely wasted the ELCs of Eichel and Reinhart. It also means they won't have any playoff experience by the time we start paying them real money.

Wait! Hang on! Did you see it!

There are rumblings that Murray and Bylsma are having issues!

Friedman said so!

All we need is for Dickie Dunn to write it in the paper and we are golden!

Praise Jesus, Allah and every other deity!

It is when he claims to have re-vamped his system, yet the same problems plague our team that caused Pittsburgh to fire him.

Keeping DB next season means we will have completely wasted the ELCs of Eichel and Reinhart. It also means they won't have any playoff experience by the time we start paying them real money.

I'm not going to be in the Buffalo media market next season, and if they bring Bylsma back, I'm not paying for Gamecenter. I may even gift the forum with a Liger-like meltdown.

Wait! Hang on! Did you see it!

There are rumblings that Murray and Bylsma are having issues!

Friedman said so!

All we need is for Dickie Dunn to write it in the paper and we are golden!

Praise Jesus, Allah and every other deity!

I won't believe it until Hockeyyinsiderr has it.

I'm not going to be in the Buffalo media market next season, and if they bring Bylsma back, I'm not paying for Gamecenter. I may even gift the forum with a Liger-like meltdown.

I'm waiting for confirmation from BamBam

This Saturday is gonna be fun :beer:

Glad to have TrueBlue as my seat buddy :thumbsup:

He said it on GR this AM, there is something there with DD possibly being in trouble

Had no idea when I started this thread a few months ago, it would grow to become one of the larger threads and larger than some threads that have been going for 3 or 4 years now...

Guess Bylsma really is a polarizing figure here, lol.

Edited by matter2003

Had no idea when I started this thread a few months ago, it would grow to become one of the larger threads and larger than some threads that have been going for 3 or 4 years now...

Guess Bylsma really is a polarizing figure here, lol.

Not really, most hate him as coach.

The fan base is generally very upset that he is still coach.  So, you provided them an outlet for that frustration.  Good going, really.

And one could argue with a better coach, the Bills would have won one of those Super Bowls.

Yup, no Levy fan here.  He took a team that should have steamrolled to a Superbowl win in 91,  and managed to lose to a team that they'd beaten in the regular season,  AND a team playing its backup QB.    That 90-91 team was an amazing team -  Levy got outcoached by the Tuna, plain and simple.