Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

Even if he does fix the roster and we squeak into the playoffs, so what? At this point the couple of games we have won down the stretch is in spite of Bylsma. All that does is delay the inevitable firing of DD, and our window of our players' primes grows smaller and smaller

Freidman seems to agree with you. It appears as though if the 4-5 cornerstones of this team really have a problem with Dan, he's gone. 

So, Jack, time to show the world what being a millenial is all about!

Fixed.  I agree w/ canning the guy.  But for pr reasons or organization credibility wait until the season is over.  

Edited by GoPre

Yup, no Levy fan here.  He took a team that should have steamrolled to a Superbowl win in 91,  and managed to lose to a team that they'd beaten in the regular season,  AND a team playing its backup QB.    That 90-91 team was an amazing team -  Levy got outcoached by the Tuna, plain and simple.   

And Bellichick...don't forget he basically created the blueprint for how to stop those teams, or at least slow them down.

I think it is safe to assume that if we had signed babs instead of Blysma, we'd be in the playoffs and the Leafs would not. babs is getting amazing mileage out of his players and has them playing on the same page. Obviously the same can't be said for Blysma...these days in the NHL a good offense is the best defense, which is to say that puck possession is everything these days. The other team cannot score (or even get many shots or chances) if you have the puck more then them. Our puck possession is awful but that is Blysma's system (Lindy's too over in dallas where it ain't working either). They preach the old try and score early then hang on and allow the other team to keep coming at you...in Lerner's defense he faces alot of rubber as our team allows the opponents to keep firing away at will. We desperately need someone who allows a free-flowing offensive style system...we have the players to play that way and I still think we have more talent the n the Leafs but are not using our players properly

I am confident in saying that the Sabres would not be in the playoffs this season no matter who the head coach was.

The roster still has too many glaring holes for that.

The Leaves, while better coached, have a roster that is better overall, not by much mind you, than the Sabres right now.  Combine that with a better coach and there you go.

Ya lost me

In the postseason presser after the shortened 2013 season, Darcy introduced the idea of "suffering" to the fans. The tank was at hand. He explained the philosophy behind it by saying some franchises only do enough to make the playoffs, then hope to catch fire and make a run. "It's not only about making the playoffs" in Buffalo, he said. They wanted to build a dominant team that would be perennial contenders and win Cups. To do that, fans would have to abandon their hopes of "just" making the playoffs, like fans of almost every other franchise get to do, almost every year, for a period of time (to this day, an undetermined period of time). It might have been noble, but it was a catastrophic mistake, as we're seeing. They won the battle and lost the war, along with their soul. And ours. It was an owner throwing up his hands and saying, "Hey, we tried. There's nothing we can do now except suck and hope to have success handed to us. We're not smart enough to do it any other way." I was thinking the unthinkable just last night — with his burning desire to own something that's unownable, to realize his dream of possessing "his" team, Pegula might very well have extinguished the last best hope of winning a Cup, which was OSP and his team of Quinn, DiPofi, Regier and Ruff. It seems laughable, but at least his ownership made sense. He saved the franchise and got us close. More importantly, he didn't know a puck from a meatball and he admitted as much. Screw Terry and screw the return key.

In the postseason presser after the shortened 2013 season, Darcy introduced the idea of "suffering" to the fans. The tank was at hand. He explained the philosophy behind it by saying some franchises only do enough to make the playoffs, then hope to catch fire and make a run. "It's not only about making the playoffs" in Buffalo, he said. They wanted to build a dominant team that would be perennial contenders and win Cups. To do that, fans would have to abandon their hopes of "just" making the playoffs, like fans of almost every other franchise get to do, almost every year, for a period of time (to this day, an undetermined period of time). It might have been noble, but it was a catastrophic mistake, as we're seeing. They won the battle and lost the war, along with their soul. And ours. It was an owner throwing up his hands and saying, "Hey, we tried. There's nothing we can do now except suck and hope to have success handed to us. We're not smart enough to do it any other way." I was thinking the unthinkable just last night — with his burning desire to own something that's unownable, to realize his dream of possessing "his" team, Pegula might very well have extinguished the last best hope of winning a Cup, which was OSP and his team of Quinn, DiPofi, Regier and Ruff. It seems laughable, but at least his ownership made sense. He saved the franchise and got us close. More importantly, he didn't know a puck from a meatball and he admitted as much. Screw Terry and screw the return key.

Well this is just garbage

So is the result.

We have the NHL leader in points over the last 3 months, on the worst possession team in the league, and he's 20 years old. This result has nothing to do with the tank

As far as not being smart enough, there have been dozens of articles and studies that have proven tanking is the best way to accumulate high end talent and have high end, sustainable winning. If anything they were finally smart enough to realize what they'd been doing for the last 10 years wasn't working. The only issue I have is why they haven't figured the same thing out with the Bills

Edited by WildCard

As far as not being smart enough, there have been dozens of articles and studies that have proven tanking is the best way to accumulate high end talent and have high end, sustainable winning. If anything they were finally smart enough to realize what they'd been doing for the last 10 years wasn't working. 

Word to big bird.

We have the NHL leader in points over the last 3 months, on the worst possession team in the league, and he's 20 years old. This result has nothing to do with the tank

As far as not being smart enough, there have been dozens of articles and studies that have proven tanking is the best way to accumulate high end talent and have high end, sustainable winning. If anything they were finally smart enough to realize what they'd been doing for the last 10 years wasn't working. The only issue I have is why they haven't figured the same thing out with the Bills

Links?

Well this is just garbage

I agree with you, but only in so far to say that the only garbage in PA's awesome post was saying that it (I assume the tank) was certainly not noble.

Worst decision in Sabres history was the recent tank.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I agree with you, but only in so far to say that the only garbage in PA's awesome post was saying that it (I assume the tank) was certainly was not noble.

Curious to know why you think that

Links?

When I have time later tonight

I agree with you, but only in so far to say that the only garbage in PA's awesome post was saying that it (I assume the tank) was certainly not noble.

Not the tank, but one reasoning behind it (we're not interested in just making the playoffs etc. etc.).

Serious question: would you not tank and not have Eichel or tank and have Eichel?