Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

I think Dan is a real nice guy. I bet he has a great relationship with his child or children, if he has any. His wife too. I just don't want him coaching my team.

I think Alec Baldwin put it best:

"Nice guy? I don't give a s**. Good father? F*** you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close!"

Edited by StuckinFL

I tghink Alec Baldwin put it best:

"Nice guy? I don't give a s**. Good father? F*** you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close!"

Or how about Christian Bale?

"I'm @#$%ing serious. You're a nice guy, You're a nice guy, but that don't @#$%ing  cut it when you're bull@#$%ing and @#$%ing around like this on set."

“This is a business. You’ve got to come out and play,” Lehner said, per the Buffalo News. “Otherwise, you get replaced. It’s simple. It doesn’t matter if we’re in or out. Everyone needs to be playing for their jobs. It’s a privilege to play in this league. You’ve got to earn it. We all have to decide if we’re going to help each other make a good last impression these last 11 games left.

“If you just pack it in, there’s a lot of eyes, a lot of eyes looking and people see. And it’s pretty obvious. If we want to stay in this league, you better get your head on straight.”

Feel this is also directed at Bylsma.  Sure, he can't make the passes, take the shots, etc.... But a coach has eyes on him as well.  

Really beginning to like Robin Lehner.  

Edited by GoPre

“This is a business. You’ve got to come out and play,” Lehner said, per the Buffalo News. “Otherwise, you get replaced. It’s simple. It doesn’t matter if we’re in or out. Everyone needs to be playing for their jobs. It’s a privilege to play in this league. You’ve got to earn it. We all have to decide if we’re going to help each other make a good last impression these last 11 games left.

“If you just pack it in, there’s a lot of eyes, a lot of eyes looking and people see. And it’s pretty obvious. If we want to stay in this league, you better get your head on straight.”

Feel this is also directed at Bylsma.  Sure, he can't make the passes, take the shots, etc.... But a coach has eyes on him as well.  

Really beginning to like Robin Lehner.  

Man Lehner is great for this team. I think it is as pitched at some players as Bylsma.

Lehner is vocally keeping all accountable and arguably can get away with it by the special privileges his position offers. No doubt this will annoy people the same way Miller irritated them when he did it,

I like that Buffalo has a strong history of good and interesting goalies. I hope Lehner is around for a while 5 x 4 million extension.

After last nigHt, I'd say it's more directed at the guys who mailed it in last night - pretty much everyone but the Rodrigues line.

And good for Lehner. Nice to see some leadership.

Edited by dudacek

After last nigHt, I'd say it's more directed at the guys who mailed it in last night - pretty much everyone but the Rodrigues line.

And good for Lehner. Nice to see some leadership.

I didn't like it when Miller did it and I don't like it now. Who should be delivering that message? Some combination of Murray-Bylsma-Gionta-insert name of other elder statesman with cred-maybe even the owners (special owners prerogative, not meddling). I don't see what standing Lehner has.

I didn't like it when Miller did it and I don't like it now. Who should be delivering that message? Some combination of Murray-Bylsma-Gionta-insert name of other elder statesman with cred-maybe even the owners (special owners prerogative, not meddling). I don't see what standing Lehner has.

I disagree. Any player who is pulling their weight in a team that is not has the right to call out the rest of the guys.

I don't care if the team like him, and I doubt he does either. I'd rather have a team of professionals who tolerated each other and got the job done than a room full of friends happy to wallow in mediocrity because they're enjoying the journey too much to care about the destination.

I disagree. Any player who is pulling their weight in a team that is not has the right to call out the rest of the guys.

I don't care if the team like him, and I doubt he does either. I'd rather have a team of professionals who tolerated each other and got the job done than a room full of friends happy to wallow in mediocrity because they're enjoying the journey too much to care about the destination.

I've heard more than one long retired player talk about this. They hated some players, mostly because they played at a high level and demanded other players do the same. At the time they where playing they didn't see it this way, so the just thought they were douceBags.

I can't see GMTM giving up on Lehner because he told the media everyone on the team needs to play the season out cause there might not be a next season, including the coaching staff. That sounds very PC.

Edited by Woods-Racer

In private though

Is preferable... if it works. Sometimes outside pressure is needed for the right thing to be realised. Hashtag hint hint Murray (should he be reading this thread).

I also like Lehner because he simply says it how it is. None of this generic we need to play hard, get shots on net, play a full 60 sound bites.

Is preferable... if it works. Sometimes outside pressure is needed for the right thing to be realised. Hashtag hint hint Murray (should he be reading this thread).

I also like Lehner because he simply says it how it is. None of this generic we need to play hard, get shots on net, play a full 60 sound bites.

That's exactly what he is saying though :lol:

I continue to contend that the team doesn't like Lehner. 

Being liked isn't what is important.  I assume a good portion of members on this board played a sport(s) when growing up.  As you get older and are in a more competitive league, wins have a lot of meaning.  During game time, you'll "like" the guy you may despise when away from it all.  The want to win is greater than the dislike.  

Edited by GoPre

Being liked isn't what is important.  I assume a good portion of members on this board played a sport(s) when growing up.  As you get older and are in a more competitive league, wins have a lot of meaning.  During game time, you'll "like" the guy you may despise when away from it all.  The want to win is greater than the dislike.  

That might be so, but that doesn't mean anyone cares if he's calling them out (as some here imply). Maybe some players on this team would have the same words for Lehner and his crap rebound control?

And I continue to contend that you don't like Trump

Duh. 

That might be so, but that doesn't mean anyone cares if he's calling them out (as some here imply). Maybe some players on this team would have the same words for Lehner and his crap rebound control?

Duh. 

And his wandering ways where he finds himself (RJ voice) "Way, WAY out of position".

I'm sure x amount would, but in the end they all want the win.  So quite sure Lehner wouldn't care.    

This guy gets hung out to dry night after night by this crappy D who 70 games into the season still hasn't learned how to do fundamental things you learn in major-junior hockey like cover wide open guys in the slot or pick up a basic 3rd man trailing into the zone without allowing him to get the puck in stride and cruise down the slot for great chances period after period.  He damn well right has earned the ability to speak up.  He bails their @sses out time after time and he deserves better than this garbage.

He gets to watch this team play fundamentally crap hockey game after game and decide they want to play for 10 minutes a night or 20 minutes a night and is just supposed to keep his mouth shut??  Gets used as target practice because of it, facing the most shots in the NHL??  F that.  Call these mofo's out.  Either they can get their @ss in gear or they can get the hell out of here.  

I've had enough watching this lackadaisical BS that these guys think passes as professional hockey...half the time they look like they are more interested in figure skating out there.

The bigger concern I have is this has been a problem for at least this whole season if not longer, to a man they talk about how it's unacceptable and how it's a problem, but yet it never improves.  So either they just don't care, or Bylsma isn't holding anyone accountable.  Start sitting people and docking their ice time and that message will get through really quick.

Edited by matter2003

Lehner wouldn't care if players called him out? 

I don't know the guy.  He hasn't called anyone specific out.  He does seem to be the type that could not care less about what others, minus people w/ power in the Sabres franchise, think of him when it comes to hockey.  

I like it when Lehner calls people out, and I loved it when Miller did too. Seems to have a positive effect as well, short-term at least. When a goalie gets peppered every game with a league leading shots against they have every right to complain.