GDT: Buffalo @ Vancouver, 10:00 PM ET, 10-20-2016

WildCard

Ahem....Yooooooouuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrr Buffalo Sabres will head on over to Vancouver tonight to take on Ryan Miller and the Sedin Sisters in a battle of what was and what will be. Buffalo enters the contest with a 1-1-1 record, and will look to rebound after losing to the Flames 4-3 in OT last Tuesday night. Buffalo looked dominate at times and flat out miserable at others, with some of us wondering if DD will ever figure out how to utilize his players. Credit the Sabres though, as the Flames had a 4 man advantage for most of the night, leading to what eventually was a 5-3 OT winner where one Flames player boarded Reinhart while the other simple crossed his arms and said 'play on'

The Canucks are...3-0? Off to what is undoubtedly an anomaly of a start, Vancouver sits atop the Pacific division, and is coming off a recent 2-1 win against St.Louis. Haley Sedin scored in OT to lift the Canucks to victory, and Markstom made 23/24 saves. The Canucks have yet to play an away game this year, and putting two and two together, are undefeated at home thus far. 

Look for Lehner and Miller to get the starts tonight. Honestly not sure about the Canucks goalie.

Game Preview

DD Post Practice Presser

Practice Report

Johan Larsson was absent from practice for a maintenance day, but Bylsma said he should be ready to play against the Canucks on Thursday. 

Buffalo:
Forwards:
23 Sam Reinhart - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 21 Kyle Okposo

63 Tyler Ennis - 27 Derek Grant - 12 Brian Gionta

82 Marcus Foligno - 28 Zemgus Girgensons - 44 Nicolas Deslauriers

26 Matt Moulson - 73 Nicholas Baptiste - 52 Hudson Fasching

Defense:
4 Josh Gorges - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe - 47 Zach Bogosian

77 Dmitry Kulikov - 6 Cody Franson

34 Casey Nelson

Goalies:
40 Robin Lehner
31 Anders Nilsson

The lines will likely change.  I will update them accordingly
sabres-720.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=72

There, no bad ju-ju

Ahem....Yooooooouuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrr Buffalo Sabres will head on over to Vancouver tonight to take on Ryan Miller and the Sedin Sisters in a battle of what was and what will be. Buffalo enters the contest with a 1-1-1 record, and will look to rebound after losing to the Flames 4-3 in OT last Tuesday night. Buffalo looked dominate at times and flat out miserable at others, with some of us wondering if DD will ever figure out how to utilize his players. Credit the Sabres though, as the Flames had a 4 man advantage for most of the night, leading to what eventually was a 5-3 OT winner where one Flames player boarded Reinhart while the other simple crossed his arms and said 'play on'

The Canucks are...3-0? Off to what is undoubtedly an anomaly of a start, Vancouver sits atop the Pacific division, and is coming off a recent 2-1 win against St.Louis. Haley Sedin scored in OT to lift the Canucks to victory, and Markstom made 23/24 saves. The Canucks have yet to play an away game this year, and putting two and two together, are undefeated at home thus far. 

Look for Lehner and Miller to get the starts tonight. Honestly not sure about the Canucks goalie.

Game Preview

DD Post Practice Presser

Practice Report

Buffalo:Forwards:

23 Sam Reinhart - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 21 Kyle Okposo

63 Tyler Ennis - 27 Derek Grant - 12 Brian Gionta

82 Marcus Foligno - 28 Zemgus Girgensons - 44 Nicolas Deslauriers

26 Matt Moulson - 73 Nicholas Baptiste - 52 Hudson Fasching

Defense:

4 Josh Gorges - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe - 47 Zach Bogosian

77 Dmitry Kulikov - 6 Cody Franson

34 Casey Nelson

Goalies:

40 Robin Lehner

31 Anders Nilsson

The lines will likely change.  I will update them accordinglysabres-720.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=72

There, no bad ju-ju

Glad to see Baptiste & Fasching both in the lineup, but where the #### is Larsson. If he got some bad Alberta lutefisk, I'll be ######.

Lehner needs to be MUCH better if Sabres have a chance of surviving these injuries

Word.

It was widely said here and elsewhere: For the team to contend for a playoff spot, Lehner will need to be consistently good and occasionally great. So far? Good for the most part, a few flashes of greatness, and periodically bad.

Lets hope these guys didn't go to the Roxy last night. Vans on a bit of a roll, playing great defence and coming from behind to win.  Sabres taking baby steps trying to hold leads. Everything points to a loss but I have faith. Hopefully we see the team we saw in edmonton.

Rainy day road trip for the annual Vancouver pilgrimage begins shortly!  Disappointed there won't be an Eichel or Kane sighting, or Miller to score on either. But I am looking forward to Larsson vs. Sedin. Their Swedish top line vs our shutdown team of Foligno-Larsson-Gionta-Gorges-Ristolainen should be fun. Very different from the speedy top lines they've been facing. Interested in how do we do against their cycle.

(And in other news, the Seattle group bought more land for their stadium. So... maybe in five years they can get a basketball and hockey combo together. It'd be great for the NHL to set up another close border rivalry. Although I do worry about Seattle sports fans and hockey. Hockey has beautiful sounds -- and yelling throughout the entire game as they do here for football/soccer would be really, really annoying. But they are silent during baseball games.)

Rainy day road trip for the annual Vancouver pilgrimage begins shortly!  Disappointed there won't be an Eichel or Kane sighting, or Miller to score on either. But I am looking forward to Larsson vs. Sedin. Their Swedish top line vs our shutdown team of Foligno-Larsson-Gionta-Gorges-Ristolainen should be fun. Very different from the speedy top lines they've been facing. Interested in how do we do against their cycle.

(And in other news, the Seattle group bought more land for their stadium. So... maybe in five years they can get a basketball and hockey combo together. It'd be great for the NHL to set up another close border rivalry. Although I do worry about Seattle sports fans and hockey. Hockey has beautiful sounds -- and yelling throughout the entire game as they do here for football/soccer would be really, really annoying. But they are silent during baseball games.)

have fun! Wish I could go

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.