GDT: Buffalo @ Vancouver, 10:00 PM ET, 10-20-2016

WildCard

I like Jack Eichel, but the Sabres are already sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic, in 8th place - an all too familiar position for them.  

If Eichel had played from the start, is the team 7th?  6th?  5th?  Where?   I can't honestly believe one player could carry the whole team to 1st or 2nd place in the division. 

The team needs more depth;  it needs its D-men (Gorges,  Bogosian)  to make some sort of offensive contribution, and improve defensively;  that's just not happening IMHO with those two.

I look at the roster, and have zero confidence the team is a legitimate wild card contender, or even a .500+ team,  even with Eichel back in the lineup.  A few good players, and a lot of hot garbage.  

A quick turn around CAN be done - look at Chicago -  they went from bottom feeders to cup contenders in 2-3 seasons and have remained a post season force to be reckoned with ever since;   the turn around started with a new GM,  who added talent, and top shelf coaching. IF the rebuild is truly successful, at least we should see or expect a winning season this year.  We need to start seeing results, not excuses.          

I like Jack Eichel, but the Sabres are already sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic, in 8th place - an all too familiar position for them.  

If Eichel had played from the start, is the team 7th?  6th?  5th?  Where?   I can't honestly believe one player could carry the whole team to 1st or 2nd place in the division. 

The team needs more depth;  it needs its D-men (Gorges,  Bogosian)  to make some sort of offensive contribution, and improve defensively;  that's just not happening IMHO with those two.

I look at the roster, and have zero confidence the team is a legitimate wild card contender, or even a .500+ team,  even with Eichel back in the lineup.  A few good players, and a lot of hot garbage.  

A quick turn around CAN be done - look at Chicago -  they went from bottom feeders to cup contenders in 2-3 seasons and have remained a post season force to be reckoned with ever since;   the turn around started with a new GM,  who added talent, and top shelf coaching. IF the rebuild is truly successful, at least we should see or expect a winning season this year.  We need to start seeing results, not excuses.          

No team on Earth has ever made the playoffs when they started the season 1-2-1.

It's hopeless. You should probably just stop watching the Sabres now to save yourself the misery.

Its not like they've played fewer games than the rest of the conference (save Columbus) and that should they win their next two and be even in games played  they would be tied for 4th in the conference.

C'mon man.

Edited by LTS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.