Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

13 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Walking Dead on at 9:00 tonight!

It's amazing what better writing can do for one show vs. the other.  Nothing happened in Fear the entire year and it dragged on.  Nothing really happened last night, but it still had my attention because you can see actual direction in the show.

So I went and saw Joker. I am not sure how to describe it. It was a great movie, but I felt unclean having seen it. I think that is what they wanted so kudos 

I will say that just because it is from DC and features a comic book villain, it is not a comic book movie. 

Best I can come up with to describe the tone is it was like a good Stephen king movie

2 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

So I went and saw Joker. I am not sure how to describe it. It was a great movie, but I felt unclean having seen it. I think that is what they wanted so kudos 

I will say that just because it is from DC and features a comic book villain, it is not a comic book movie. 

Best I can come up with to describe the tone is it was like a good Stephen king movie

Everything I've seen describing this movie makes it sound pure boredom. 

12 hours ago, ubkev said:

Everything I've seen describing this movie makes it sound pure boredom. 

I get the feeling that the people describing it in that way are the ones who have to insert a political theme into everything.  Joker was a very well put together film and one hell of a mind F.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

My wife and I binged season 2 of "Jack Ryan."  I thought it was OK, but not great, and about as good as season 1.  About a B.

We are currently binging "Succession" and are most of the way through season 1.  It's good, but not as good as the hype IMHO.  B-plus.

I watched Jack Ryan on the flight over and back home.  I definitely thought Season 2 was weaker compared to season 1.  They tried to do too much with Season 2 and unless that somehow plays into Season 3 it was pointless.  Also, it was really nothing more than an action series... Id rather see more of the analyst side.

I don't want to elaborate too much so as to not ruin things for people.

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

We are currently binging "Succession" and are most of the way through season 1.  It's good, but not as good as the hype IMHO.  B-plus.

I love Succession.  Halfway through season 2 currently.  The equilibrium of laughs and cringing are brilliant.  The first few episodes of season two had me laughing harder than I've laughed at anything in quite some time even though it just keeps getting darker.  

Wife wanted to see Downton Abbey the movie, if you really liked the tv series, see it, if not.... don't bother. 

Started watching the Watchmen on HBO, this has a real chance of getting an A to A+. 

Also just watched Deadwood the movie. This could have been better if it came out right after the show ended, having said that I'd give it a B-. I'd explain why I didn't give it a higher score but then I'd give away too much.

1 hour ago, jsb said:

Also just watched Deadwood the movie. This could have been better if it came out right after the show ended, having said that I'd give it a B-. I'd explain why I didn't give it a higher score but then I'd give away too much.

I loved the show -- it's in my top 3 all-time shows (with "Mad Men" and "The Sopranos").  The movie wasn't great but I still enjoyed it -- it was just nice to see everyone again.

• Like (+1) 1