New Scotland (NS)

Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

If you like old Twilight Zone, and Alfred Hitchcock, you’ll like ... Thriller (Boris Karloff hosts). 1961 - 1962. Over 60, ½ hour episodes. All are on YouTube.

• Thanks (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Everyone I know loves Black Mirror and tells me to watch it. The first episode was disgusting and awful and the second was cringe and impossible to get through and I never went back 

I made it 11 seconds into Black Mirror. 

Nope!

• Like (+1) 2

I started Homecoming. Lots of talented actors, and I'm not counting Julia Roberts whose mouth is mystifyingly huge. Like I can't stop thinking about it when she's on screen. I think she could eat an eggplant like a chicken wing. 

Hint to getting into Black Mirror; don’t watch the first episode. It’s pretty simple. Each one is it’s own episode so it won’t matter anyway.

Its worth it.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Hint to getting into Black Mirror; don’t watch the first episode. It’s pretty simple. Each one is it’s own episode so it won’t matter anyway.

Its worth it.

For my part, I actually enjoyed the first episode. In fact I generally felt the earlier seasons focused more on the “thought experiment” side of things, and I’m drawn to that.  But from hearing so many people’s thoughts on the show, I’m likely in the minority. 

Still like the newer ones too. Even Bandersnatch was fun for a bit. 

Finished the first 5 episodes of Mindhunter on Netflix yesterday. Definitely worth a watch.

8 hours ago, jsb said:

Finished the first 5 episodes of Mindhunter on Netflix yesterday. Definitely worth a watch.

8 hours ago, jsb said:

Just finished season 2. Enjoyed it. The actor that played Manson was great. Wayne Williams freaked me out. BTK is twisted.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/11/2019 at 10:04 AM, Zamboni said:

If you like old Twilight Zone, and Alfred Hitchcock, you’ll like ... Thriller (Boris Karloff hosts). 1961 - 1962. Over 60, ½ hour episodes. All are on YouTube.

Thanks for this!  I was not aware of this show.  I've been checking it out and it is good stuff.

For Fargo fans, I found this description of season 4 (airs sometime in 2020) on IMDb.com:

The head of an African American crime syndicate goes to war with the Italian mafia in Kansas City, Missouri during the 1950s