Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Yeah I debated using the term.  She's certainly Soccer Mom esque, regardless of age. 

I was actually a bit surprised when I looked up her age.  I knew it would be close, but I figured she was a couple years older than me.  She's been around for so long at this point, so I can see why I thought it.

Either way, too many things lately help me to realize I'm closer to the old group than to the young group.

15 hours ago, inkman said:

Started "On becoming a God in Central Florida".  Kirsten Dunst is killing it. People are talking about her body and how she shouldn't be showing it (middle aged woman who just had a baby). It must be my old man eyes but I got no issues with any square inch of her being. 

ugh she's 37

I swear we don't expire at 35... I swear. 

Caution people who don't use headphones at work: swearing, discussion of women. But there's Tina Fey and Julia Louis Dreyfuss (full discretion: I do not watch amy schumer, but this is just a fantastic little sketch)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Sony Announced Today that Spider Man 3 releasing in 2021, will be produced by Disney Marvel Studios afterall

Not surprising. Too much money to be made for Disney and too much downside risk for Sony for them to not have worked something out. 

19 minutes ago, inkman said:

Isn't there already a Spiderman 3?

Have you seen it? I think it's best we all pretend there isn't. 

11 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I saw "Ad Astra" today and really enjoyed it.  Some of the scenes were incredible.  Solid A-minus and maybe an A.

Saw it and it was alright. The visuals were incredible, good acting too, but Brad Pitt's narration got annoying, and some of the really simple scientific innaccuracies drove me up a wall; he fell from space too Earth and survived via parachute and a space suit, how the hell did reentry into the atmosphere not obliterate him

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

Saw it and it was alright. The visuals were incredible, good acting too, but Brad Pitt's narration got annoying, and some of the really simple scientific innaccuracies drove me up a wall; he fell from space too Earth and survived via parachute and a space suit, how the hell did reentry into the atmosphere not obliterate him

Was it something like this??

22 hours ago, WildCard said:

Spoiler alert? 

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

It's the 1st scene

Well damn maybe I'm wrong ? can someone explain how there is no fire/damage/anything with the reentry into the atmosphere?

Speed is what does it. Not height.

a man falling  through the atmosphere doesn’t go nearly as fast as say a metoeorite, space capsule, space shuttle etc ... 

With a human, not enough friction to create great heat.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Speed is what does it. Not height.

a man falling  through the atmosphere doesn’t go nearly as fast as say a metoeorite, space capsule, space shuttle etc ... 

With a human, not enough friction to create great heat.

Ah well you learn something new every day. Thanks!

Still, I do know radio communication from Earth to Mars is not instantaneous, so I stand by it