Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

Apocalyptico was on again.  Had to watch it.  Again.  Just magnificent.  

That movie is about the collapse of the Mayans, which happened in 900 CE, and yet they show smallpox in the movie (brought by the Spanish) and the end of that movie results in the Spanish arriving on the shore, something that didn't happen until 1521 CE, 600 freaking years later, to the Aztecs, a completely different civilization

Entertaining movie sure, but holy ***** do all of Mel Gibson's movies just completely disregard any semblance of just really, really simple attempts at historical accuracy

Edited by WildCard

8 hours ago, WildCard said:

That movie is about the collapse of the Mayans, which happened in 900 CE, and yet they show smallpox in the movie (brought by the Spanish) and the end of that movie results in the Spanish arriving on the shore, something that didn't happen until 1521 CE, 600 freaking years later, to the Aztecs, a completely different civilization

Entertaining movie sure, but holy ***** do all of Mel Gibson's movies just completely disregard any semblance of just really, really simple attempts at historical accuracy

Cheerios meet piss. I enjoyed the cinematic experience, I guess I wasn't concerned about historical accuracy.  

8 hours ago, inkman said:

Apocalyptico was on again.  Had to watch it.  Again.  Just magnificent.  

Lately my movie that I have to watch when it is on is Deadpool. I’ve watched it three days now in a row this week. I own the damn thing but I still sit through the edited with commercials version. 

Speaking of the editing, they’ve gotten much more loose with that. The f bombs are flying now, at least on FX. It’s funny that MFer is still over the line though. 

1 minute ago, shrader said:

Lately my movie that I have to watch when it is on is Deadpool. I’ve watched it three days now in a row this week. I own the damn thing but I still sit through the edited with commercials version. 

Speaking of the editing, they’ve gotten much more loose with that. The f bombs are flying now, at least on FX. It’s funny that MFer is still over the line though. 

The movie is awesome. Funny, visually stimulating and speaking of, Morena Baccarin will always have a place in my heart.  

1 minute ago, inkman said:

The movie is awesome. Funny, visually stimulating and speaking of, Morena Baccarin will always have a place in my heart.  

I was watching on a treadmill at the gym yesterday. It’s a YMCA, so I felt like I should probably switch away during the sex scene. It’s funny how that’s the line in my mind as opposed to all the violence. 

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

I was watching on a treadmill at the gym yesterday. It’s a YMCA, so I felt like I should probably switch away during the sex scene. It’s funny how that’s the line in my mind as opposed to all the violence. 

Death, destruction, mayhem are all perfectly acceptable. Sex it's just obscene though. Dirty, perverse, disgusting titties! How dare....a child could see that!

24 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Death, destruction, mayhem are all perfectly acceptable. Sex it's just obscene though. Dirty, perverse, disgusting titties! How dare....a child could see that!

Don't forget about all of the obscene rap lyrics heard clear as day even though the listener is wearing headphones.  That may be the most common thing at the gym.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Cheerios meet piss. I enjoyed the cinematic experience, I guess I wasn't concerned about historical accuracy.  

I mean it's really not hard to just not have Spaniards at the end. That's literally the equivalent of Nazis showing up in the Crusades 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So my wife and I saw "Dolemite is my name" last night.  It's the new Eddie Murphy movie, based on a true story of a 1970s blaxsploitation actor/producer trying to get his movie made.  (It's going to be on Netflix in a few weeks and is in a few theaters now.)  We really enjoyed it.  Very funny and with some good, intelligent, adult stuff too.  If you liked Eddie Murphy during his SNL/Beverly Hills Cop years, you will like this movie.  It will probably get some Oscar nominations.  Solid A-minus and maybe an A. 

20 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

I was going to stay for the castle rock panel at nycc. But I had another panel at the same time 

Also star trek Picard premiered trailer 2 at nycc and it looks good 

Yes, Picard looks very good!!  Next Generation was my fav Star Trek.  Can’t wait for Picard to start.  I will subscribe to CBS All-Access just for that show.  

Not sure if sir patrick has said it elsewhere, but during the q & a part of the panel someone asked about what the producers went thru to get him to say yes to playing Picard again (he was on record as saying he would not return to the role).

Turns out just like the role of Charles Xavier he very kindly but firmly told them no thanks.

A week or so later he had his agent contact the producers of the unnamed star trek project and asked for a 4 page outline for the show cause the ideas they pitched he liked.

In typical trekkie fashion they sent over 35 pages

No one (notice the separation of the words) mentioned 7 of 9 would be reprising her role. Count me in. 

5 hours ago, GoPre said:

Yes, Picard looks very good!!  Next Generation was my fav Star Trek.  Can’t wait for Picard to start.  I will subscribe to CBS All-Access just for that show.  

33 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

If its the same writers that got us STD, I have no faith in picard being any decent.