Jump to content
New Scotland (NS)

Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Recommended Posts

I think a certain set of expectations is appropriate for a movie like 6 Underground or the Fast & Furious movies.  Dumb action thrillers are what they are, and if you require consistent internal logic, you're probably in the wrong theater.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Fortunately I’m able to suspend my belief when watching the usual fair from the likes of  Michael Bay. Newsflash- most of the action scenes can’t possibly happen in real life without mass casualties to normal humans either. Lol but that reality doesn’t stop most people from allowing themselves the ability of enjoying the make believe of an action film. Its not a Kubrik.

 

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I think a certain set of expectations is appropriate for a movie like 6 Underground or the Fast & Furious movies.  Dumb action thrillers are what they are, and if you require consistent internal logic, you're probably in the wrong theater.  

You're both missing my point completely. I'm not looking for tremendous storytelling or depth of character. I'm looking for the big, dumb, entertaining action scenes to have sufficient quality to be entertaining. Demanding something be edited so that a coherent product emerges is simply asking for some baseline quality to the carnage. I'm not looking for logic or realism, I just need some level of competence. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

 

You're both missing my point completely. I'm not looking for tremendous storytelling or depth of character. I'm looking for the big, dumb, entertaining action scenes to have sufficient quality to be entertaining. Demanding something be edited so that a coherent product emerges is simply asking for some baseline quality to the carnage. I'm not looking for logic or realism, I just need some level of competence. 

I get what you’re saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For fans of the TV show "Fargo" -- it looks like season 4 comes out in April, and one of the stars is... Chris Rock!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Filmed entirely in Nova Scotia.  Said to be fantastic.

I really want to see The Lighthouse.

 

 

I posted upthread about it. Watched it twice in two days. It's fantastic. Will most likely watch it again. The acting is remarkable (Willem DeFoe is literally being buried alive with dirt going into his mouth and still delivering his lines).

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schitt's Creek was recommended to me recently. I've been bingeing it. It's terrible, but I can't stop. Some sense of SCTV nostalgia, I guess. And lots of eye candy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Schitt's Creek was recommended to me recently. I've been bingeing it. It's terrible, but I can't stop. Some sense of SCTV nostalgia, I guess. And lots of eye candy.

It's really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SwampD said:

I posted upthread about it. Watched it twice in two days. It's fantastic. Will most likely watch it again. The acting is remarkable (Willem DeFoe is literally being buried alive with dirt going into his mouth and still delivering his lines).

Awe man! You ruined it. Now I know there’s dirt involved and Defoe has a dirty mouth!

Thanks a lot 

Geesh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...