Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

No shade here; I liked The Abyss, because it's not pretending to be something it isn't. Low-budget, B-grade horror movies are just fine by me! And Avatar was okay, but I just really don't see any reason for them to make sequels to it.

...with an all star cast! Love me some Ed Harris and Michael Biehn! And that chick from Scarface.

http://mashable.com/2017/04/25/indiana-jones-5-release-2020/#mXE1K8RuUiq8

Sweet!  Harrison Ford will be Indiana Jones for at least 1 more movie.  I was under the impression Disney would go w/ some one like Chris Pratt to take Indiana Jones in a new direction.  Eventually a change will be needed, but it is great for Harrison Ford to have a chance to end his role as Indiana Jones on a hopeful high note.  

That is good, though it's delayed another year now. I thought Shia LaBeouf  was going to take over, if he's abandoning the role that will cause me to dislike him even more so than I already do. It is both an honor and a commitment for him to take over the role, it's a prestigious and iconic opportunity. He was great in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Avatar was fun. I'll see the next 12 of em. Sorry folks, people like me are the reason these movies get made...you know, morons.

Speaking of Cameron, I think I'll fall asleep to The Abyss tonight.

If you haven't, holy crap, watch the making of The Abyss. I've never actually seen the damn movie, but I loooove the behind the scenes. The making of my fav scifi horror flicks, The Thing and Alien, are also pretty amazing. 

If you haven't, holy crap, watch the making of The Abyss. I've never actually seen the damn movie, but I loooove the behind the scenes. The making of my fav scifi horror flicks, The Thing and Alien, are also pretty amazing.

I've seen part of that. Now I'll have to watch it all.

The Thing was fun. Alien was pretty solid as far a chills and thrills. But Aliens is the one for me. 2 and a half hours of gun fights, cars, planes and blowing up in space! yeah! It's between that and T2 as my number 1 action movie of all time.

Edited by ubkev

I've seen part of that. Now I'll have to watch it all.

The Thing was fun. Alien was pretty solid as far a chills and thrills. But Aliens is the one for me. 2 and a half hours of gun fights, cars, planes and blowing ###### up in space! ###### yeah! It's between that and T2 as my number 1 action movie of all time.

One of my favorite ...things.... about The Thing is when a new group of people (scientists, cooks, etc) come down to Antarctica, the night the plane/boat/transport to the outside world leaves, they make everyone watch it with the lights out. Bonding experience. 

Borrowed Ant Man and Captain America Civil War from a friend.  Now, which to watch first....

Ant Man!

Civil War.  I liked Ant Man, but Civil War is easily one of the better Avenger related movies.   

Gotta disagree with you there... I loved Ant Man (maybe because I had low expectations going in), but I was disappointed by Civil War.  Too much of the movie felt like a Sacha Baron Cohen flick (i.e. let's figure out scenes that would be cool or funny and attempt to make a story that loosely ties them all together).  It was still entertaining, but easily my least favorite from the recent Marvel universe films.

Edited by biodork

Agreed.

Meh... wouldn't be the first movie to make a bunch of money off of suckers.  Visually beautiful, but they lost me the second they named the rare element Unobtainium.   :doh:

Lol . Unobtainium. Thanks for that Bio. I'd forgotten that.

Ant Man!

Gotta disagree with you there... I loved Ant Man (maybe because I had low expectations going in), but I was disappointed by Civil War.  Too much of the movie felt like a Sacha Baron Cohen flick (i.e. let's figure out scenes that would be cool or funny and attempt to make a story that loosely ties them all together).  It was still entertaining, but easily my least favorite from the recent Marvel universe films.

I agree with this. Civil War was fine, it was okay, but....meh. 

What a drag this year has been so far.

Lego Batman is my favorite movie that got a wide release.

Get Out is a good one-viewing movie.  Still good on re-watch, but a couple cheats become obvious and the premise reveals a few cracks.

For indies that I've seen:

Personal Shopper is my favorite film so far.  Kristen Stewart is soooooooo good.  If she's still just that twilight girl to you, then you owe it to yourself to see some of her other work.

Raw is a French horror film and it's awesome.  Never seen a movie quite like it, and the directer is only 33! (Julia Ducournau, she's a badass)

I'm listening to the La La Land soundtrack a bunch now.  What a beautiful story.

Edited by qwksndmonster