Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/deadpool-2-avatar-sequels-and-next-x-men-movie-get/1100-6449533/

Release dates for Dead Pool 2, X-Men - Dark Phoenix, and Avatar 2 have been announced. 

I'm looking forward to the 1st 2 movies mentioned, but never really got into Avatar.  Felt like I was watching Pocahontas.  Any how, they're making Avatar 2,3,4 and 5 all at once.  Pure craziness.  

I just watched X-men Apocalypse and I enjoyed it. The script is not great, and downright hammy in parts, but it's never too much of an issue. Most of that is due to the EXCELLENT cast. I couldn't think of 2 better actors to play the young versions of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen than James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender.

Sophie Turner is really good as Jean Gray, and Jennifer Lawrence and Nick Hoult are fine.

The really hammy script would be more of a problem if Michael Fassbender wasn't giving a huge, Shakespearean weight to his lines.

The bad guy is super culty, which is squarely in my wheelhouse right now because I'm reading Helter Skelter.

The biggest problem is the same as every other x-men film: they couldn't just commit to one or two characters to focus on. The movie should be all about Xavier, Magneto, Quicksilver, and Jean Gray. But Mistique, Beast, and especially Cyclops weigh down the story with boring stuff.

And the cameo? That's how you do a cameo.

I was expecting this movie to be utter garbage based on what I'd heard about it from friends and critics alike.

When they cast Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, I'm pretty sure they never thought she'd become such a huge star. She basically has to have a bigger role than her character dictates. And I was about to ask whether they could possibly make a good movie Cyclops, but then I remembered he always sucked on the cartoons too. Dare I say, Cyclops is the Stannis of X-men.

*waits patiently*

When they cast Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, I'm pretty sure they never thought she'd become such a huge star. She basically has to have a bigger role than her character dictates. And I was about to ask whether they could possibly make a good movie Cyclops, but then I remembered he always sucked on the cartoons too. Dare I say, Cyclops is the Stannis of X-men.

*waits patiently*

lol

Yeah Cyclops sux. He literally blasts one thing open at the end and that's it. I imagine that they were off screen for thirty minutes while Jean Grey (I looked it up! E!) consoled him and tried to get him focused enough to be useful for 5 seconds.

The thing I did like about Mystique's character was how every single young mutant named her as their hero. It was kinda like Saruman in the two towers: 5 total minutes of screentime, but we hear his name so often he's like an ever-present dark cloud hanging over it all.

I just watched X-men Apocalypse and I enjoyed it. The script is not great, and downright hammy in parts, but it's never too much of an issue. Most of that is due to the EXCELLENT cast. I couldn't think of 2 better actors to play the young versions of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen than James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender.

Sophie Turner is really good as Jean Gray, and Jennifer Lawrence and Nick Hoult are fine.

The really hammy script would be more of a problem if Michael Fassbender wasn't giving a huge, Shakespearean weight to his lines.

The bad guy is super culty, which is squarely in my wheelhouse right now because I'm reading Helter Skelter.

The biggest problem is the same as every other x-men film: they couldn't just commit to one or two characters to focus on. The movie should be all about Xavier, Magneto, Quicksilver, and Jean Gray. But Mistique, Beast, and especially Cyclops weigh down the story with boring stuff.

And the cameo? That's how you do a ###### cameo.

I was expecting this movie to be utter garbage based on what I'd heard about it from friends and critics alike.

I liked X-Men Apocalypse as well. It was a much better trilogy finisher than X3 was, at any rate.

And the cameo? That's how you do a ###### cameo.

I had the same thoughts before watching Apocalypse.  Enjoyed it very much.  Didn't see why people thought it was a terrible movie.  

I liked X-Men Apocalypse as well. It was a much better trilogy finisher than X3 was, at any rate.

That is a most definite. 

They're making a Dark Phoenix X-men? As in, to obliterate all memory of X3? Okay, I'm excited.

They didn't convince you already by completely ignoring anything related to that movie last time around?  Hell, even after ignoring it, they went even played it safe by using the time travel to completely erase it.  I'm actually kind of surprised that they made a reference or two to it in Logan.

Talk about huge shoes to fill.  They've done a great job with these two characters all the way through how ever many movies they're up to now.  I really don't know too much about McAvoy, but Fassbender has probably been the best out of all four actors in these movies.  I'd love to see him get a standalone movie at some point because they've put so much more effort into that character than they have any of the others.

Saw on some online article about what's coming and leaving for Netflix that F is for Family will release season 2 on May 30th. If you're a fan of comedian Bill Burr or have nostalgia for the 70's you should definitely watch it. Season 1 was only six 30 minute episodes so you can easily watch the first season before starting the new season. Funny as hell.

I also started watching a relatively new show called Trial and Error. I think it normally airs on NBC but I've been watching season 1 on Hulu. It stars John Lithgow and he's on trial for murdering his wife. Dark comedy gold but I love John Lithgow so I may be biased.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/deadpool-2-avatar-sequels-and-next-x-men-movie-get/1100-6449533/

Release dates for Dead Pool 2, X-Men - Dark Phoenix, and Avatar 2 have been announced. 

I'm looking forward to the 1st 2 movies mentioned, but never really got into Avatar.  Felt like I was watching Pocahontas.  Any how, they're making Avatar 2,3,4 and 5 all at once.  Pure craziness.  

:blink: Whyinthehell are they making a second one, much less four?   :wacko:

:blink: Whyinthehell are they making a second one, much less four?   :wacko:

Someone has a wet dream and wayyyyyy too much money. Cirque du Soleil is doing a show in its theme. They're making a Pandora world at Universal or something like that. 

What a forgettable movie. Gorgeous at the time.. but... wholly undeserving of this. 

Maybe it'll get better. Heh. So many other amazing imaginary worlds that would benefit from big bucks and... that's the one we get. 

Someone has a wet dream and wayyyyyy too much money. Cirque du Soleil is doing a show in its theme. They're making a Pandora world at Universal or something like that. 

What a forgettable movie. Gorgeous at the time.. but... wholly undeserving of this. 

Maybe it'll get better. Heh. So many other amazing imaginary worlds that would benefit from big bucks and... that's the one we get. 

Agreed.

I'm sure making $600MM more than any other movie in the box office ever had nothing to do with it.

Meh... wouldn't be the first movie to make a bunch of money off of suckers.  Visually beautiful, but they lost me the second they named the rare element Unobtainium.   :doh:

Avatar was fun. I'll see the next 12 of em. Sorry folks, people like me are the reason these movies get made...you know, morons.

Speaking of Cameron, I think I'll fall asleep to The Abyss tonight.

No shade here; I liked The Abyss, because it's not pretending to be something it isn't.  Low-budget, B-grade horror movies are just fine by me!  And Avatar was okay, but I just really don't see any reason for them to make sequels to it.

Edited by biodork

http://mashable.com/2017/04/25/indiana-jones-5-release-2020/#mXE1K8RuUiq8

Sweet!  Harrison Ford will be Indiana Jones for at least 1 more movie.  I was under the impression Disney would go w/ some one like Chris Pratt to take Indiana Jones in a new direction.  Eventually a change will be needed, but it is great for Harrison Ford to have a chance to end his role as Indiana Jones on a hopeful high note.