Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Now that school is out, teach/coach for a living, I can have a Game of Thrones marathon. Don't watch a lot of television during school year. Looking forward to experiencing Game of Thrones seasons 1 - 6. Hope it's as good as everyone says it is.

Whoa.  That is really going to be a major binge.

Enjoy.  It's a great show.

One suggestion:  if you like the first season, I'd recommend reading the books so that you're more or less caught up to the show (but not ahead of the show). 

I recently bought LOTR trilogy on blu ray at Target for $15. Think I'm going to watch it tonight, have never seen it.

Don't do it, man. I did this like 10 years ago or so when I used to sand sheet rock for a living and we were out of work for a few straight days because it was raining so hard and it was so damp that the houses the mudders were finishing were taking forever to dry. Each movie is like 3 discs that are each 3 hours or some nonsense like that. By the time I was done my emotions ranged between total and complete apathy towards the entire series and wanting and shove the stupid Frodo/Froto guy into the pit of fire myself. To this day I refuse to watch even a single minute of anything LOTR related, despite the fact that I still binge watch things on a regular basis.

Don't do it, man. I did this like 10 years ago or so when I used to sand sheet rock for a living and we were out of work for a few straight days because it was raining so hard and it was so damp that the houses the mudders were finishing were taking forever to dry. Each movie is like 3 discs that are each 3 hours or some nonsense like that. By the time I was done my emotions ranged between total and complete apathy towards the entire series and wanting and shove the stupid Frodo/Froto guy into the pit of fire myself. To this day I refuse to watch even a single minute of anything LOTR related, despite the fact that I still binge watch things on a regular basis.

Take it you're not in to fantasy movies?  ;)

LOTR is considered by many as a once a generation.  Return of the King won 11 Oscars. 

Edited by GoPre

Take it you're not in to fantasy movies? ;)

LOTR is considered by many as a once a generation. Return of the King won 11 Oscars.

Oscar's can suck it!

But still, I do love all 3 LOTR movies. But I also love the mocking of LOTR movies in Clerks 2.

I thought the movies were okay, but you are right about Frodo. I don't know what bugs me more, Frodo looking concerned in LOTR or Jodie Foster looking concerned in Contact.

post-1429-0-18164500-1495723295_thumb.jpgpost-1429-0-52446700-1495723310_thumb.jpg

post-1429-0-94589500-1495723326_thumb.jpgpost-1429-0-17050900-1495723327_thumb.jpg

It's a tie. Throw them both in the lava pit.

Oscar's can suck it!

But still, I do love all 3 LOTR movies. But I also love the mocking of LOTR movies in Clerks 2.

Everyone knows the best Trilogy is actually Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness. Hail to the King Baby!

ash_vs_large.jpg

Edited by Drunkard

Everyone knows the best Trilogy is actually Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness. Hail to the King Baby!

ash_vs_large.jpg

Not an evil dead fan. Not a hater, not by any means. Just never got into it. Saw the first one and never got into it.

Not an evil dead fan. Not a hater, not by any means. Just never got into it. Saw the first one and never got into it.

You're missing out, man. The original one is arguably the worst one because it's hardly funny. His hand doesn't even turn evil so you don't get any chainsaw hand awesomeness. I highly recommend the other 2 as well as his show on Starz. Funny as hell and an awesome soundtrack (especially if you like 70's rock).

You're missing out, man. The original one is arguably the worst one because it's hardly funny. His hand doesn't even turn evil so you don't get any chainsaw hand awesomeness. I highly recommend the other 2 as well as his show on Starz. Funny as hell and an awesome soundtrack (especially if you like 70's rock).

Who doesn't like 70's rock. And I really liked Bruce on Burn Notice.

Who doesn't like 70's rock. And I really liked Bruce on Burn Notice.

Burn Notice was great. He was awesome on Jack of All Trades, My Name is Bruce, and Bubba Hotep as well. Nothing beats his new show, Ash vs Evil Dead though. It's everything I could hope for. The only way it could be better would be for there to be even more of it (more episodes, longer episodes, etc.). I can't wait for the 3rd season to start this fall.

I humbly offer to surrender my bad movie opinion championship belt to you, so long as Qwk approves.

I humbly offer to surrender my bad movie opinion championship belt to you, so long as Qwk approves.

I'll take the title of amazing movie opinions. Neither LOTR or Star Wars has a single character that can come close to the awesomeness that is Ash Williams.

LOTR - sucks

Star Wars - sucks

Evil Dead Trilogy - awesome

Before the belt gets surrendered...did you like The Rock or ConAir?

Con Air was way better hands down. Not only did it have Steve Buscemi in that Hannibal Lector type role, plus awesome peformances by Danny Trejo and John Malkovich, but it's probably the second best Nicholas Cage movie after Leaving Las Vegas.

Edited by Drunkard

I'll take the title of amazing movie opinions. Neither LOTR or Star Wars has a single character that can come close to the awesomeness that is Ash Williams.

LOTR - sucks

Star Wars - sucks

Evil Dead Trilogy - awesome

Alright, we're going to fight soon. I'm not saying that I want to fight. I'm. Just saying that it's inevitable.

I have hope to watch all the Harry Potter movies this summer.... I know nothing more about it than my visits to Universal studios a few times, is it worth it?

OK, forget about coolness and long hair and awesomeness for 1 second. Yes. It's worth it. Suspend disbelief and give in. It's a lot of fun.