Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Doctor Strange starts in 10 minutes. I'm going into this one thoroughly confused/very open minded. Very not well known character, freaking obscure actually. I remember him being mentioned in an animated series or 2 back in the 90s, but I really have no clue what I'm getting into.

PS - movies are expensive on Saturday night.

Doctor Strange obscure?  Now I feel like a comic geek.

I had the ending of Logan spoiled for me by a stupid meme on Facebook. I hate the world.

:lol: I watched Logan for the 1st time tonight.  The ending was never spoiled for me....and it's April 11th!  I liked Logan a lot.  Highly recommend it for those of proper age.  Logan is certainly not for kids.  

:lol: I watched Logan for the 1st time tonight.  The ending was never spoiled for me....and it's April 11th!  I liked Logan a lot.  Highly recommend it for those of proper age.  Logan is certainly not for kids.  

I don't think that date means anything.  Some people don't like going to the theater.  I'm that way.  While I dislike how high prices have gotten, I am also uncomfortable being in close quarters with many people.   I enjoy movies much more at home, so that means I have to wait for the blu-ray/digital HD releases.  For Logan, that appears to be May 23rd.  So I'd suggest being careful about Logan spoilers until at least after that date.

Gotta say this about Logan.  Yes, I liked it a lot, but something kept bothering me as I watched the movie.  The story is much like the one used in a video game known as The Last of Us.  I'll leave it at that to avoid spoilers.  But wow they had a lot in common.  

I don't think that date means anything.  Some people don't like going to the theater.  I'm that way.  While I dislike how high prices have gotten, I am also uncomfortable being in close quarters with many people.   I enjoy movies much more at home, so that means I have to wait for the blu-ray/digital HD releases.  For Logan, that appears to be May 23rd.  So I'd suggest being careful about Logan spoilers until at least after that date.

Just curious -- do you attend Sabres games or other sporting events? 

For anyone interested, the Andrew Zimmern show Bizzare Foods: Delicious Destinations will be airing his trip to Buffalo. It's on the Discovery Channel at 9:30 tonight.

Maybe he will be able to settle the hot v. cold pizza debate going on around here once and for all.

Just got back from Fate of the Furious.

Fun, just like the other 7. Lots of explosions, cars going fast, fighting and women's hanging out of the bottom of their shorts(they will never give up this hallmark).

Just finished watching westworld.   Anthony hopkins was great as always.   

Next season will be made in 2018 if there is going to be a next one, open ending and they could just leave it as is.

I Guess with such a cast you can't expect them to do this every year.   

Watched 3 movies today.

Jaws (1975) Steven Spielberg, first time watch. Incredible 2nd half.

Brick (2006) Rian Johnson, first rewatch. One of the top five films I've ever seen.

Looper (2012) Rian Johnson, first time watch. Eh, it's pretty good.

How is this the first time you've seen Jaws?   :o   Haven't seen Brick, but I really liked Looper.

Anybody watch Bojack Horseman on Netflix? 

Absolutely love it. Painful to watch sometimes (the Penny story arc and Sarah Lynn's as well). But loads of visual puns. Been a fan of Lisa Hanawalt's bizarre animal art for years, long before the show.

Has one of my favorite show quotes ever-

Wanda (the owl): "You know, it's funny. When you look at someone through rose colored glasses, all of the red flags just look like flags".

And the underwater episode is awesome. Classic gag done really damn well in my opinion.

How is this the first time you've seen Jaws?   :o   Haven't seen Brick, but I really liked Looper.

I didn't see Jaws until last year :( 

.... and then it was on constantly. 

Watched 3 movies today.

Jaws (1975) Steven Spielberg, first time watch. Incredible 2nd half.

Brick (2006) Rian Johnson, first rewatch. One of the top five films I've ever seen.

Looper (2012) Rian Johnson, first time watch. Eh, it's pretty good.

I remember Brick being really good. I should rewatch that. 

I didn't like Looper that much. We saw it in theater. It was enjoyable, just... one of those where I remember walking out of the theater and tearing its logic apart. Couldn't remember details anymore, but... meh. 

I want to see Dunkirk. I hope they do it well. That "battle" (really more of a siege) could be so good for absolutely tearing at heartstrings/defining courage... or they could make it just boring with michael bay boom boom explosion violence and screw it up royally. 

How is this the first time you've seen Jaws? :o Haven't seen Brick, but I really liked Looper.

There's a lot of classic films I still haven't seen. But I'm knocking them down one by one. The scene where everyone's laughing and sharing their injuries is so amazing, especially when it leads into the captain's war story. Chilling.

Anybody watch Bojack Horseman on Netflix?

I try, but it's so depressing I've only seen the first few episodes. I absolutely love Will Arnett and Aaron Paul so I aught to get around to it.

There's a lot of classic films I still haven't seen. But I'm knocking them down one by one. The scene where everyone's laughing and sharing their injuries is so amazing, especially when it leads into the captain's war story. Chilling.

That is definitely a great scene.  And the last (?) line always feels very Clint Eastwood.  ("Smile, you son of a *****!")

I remember Brick being really good. I should rewatch that.

I didn't like Looper that much. We saw it in theater. It was enjoyable, just... one of those where I remember walking out of the theater and tearing its logic apart. Couldn't remember details anymore, but... meh.

I want to see Dunkirk. I hope they do it well. That "battle" (really more of a siege) could be so good for absolutely tearing at heartstrings/defining courage... or they could make it just boring with michael bay boom boom explosion violence and screw it up royally.

I had completely forgotten how amazing Brick was. 5 minutes into it I was already blown away by the style. Everything is so gorgeous, and a styalized noir high school setting is, like, the perfect intersection of my tastes.

Yeah Looper was fine, but very geared toward mainstream audiences. It paid off in a big way, though. 30 mil budget, 176 mil grossed. With that, and directing Star Wars 8, Rian Johnson can basically do whatever he wants forever. I really hope he comes back and directs an episode or 2 of Better Call Saul.

Dunkirk is being made by Christopher Nolan, so it won't be Bay-like. It will be really long and really serious. Count me out.

Dunkirk is being made by Christopher Nolan, so it won't be Bay-like. It will be really long and really serious. Count me out.

Yeahh... I think I'll dig it. 

I mean, the actual event was horribly long, drawn out, and serious. It'll be interesting to see how they keep suspense up. Moments like the men attempting to board rickety old boats on improvised piers while being bombed/strafed by the Luftwaffe will be really high adrenaline. Probably like the opening scenes to that terrible movie Enemy At The Gates (the beginning was really gut punching. The rest? So. Bad. Ron Perlman should NEVER be allowed to try to be Russian ever again.)

But the days and days of waiting around? They'll have to dig deep into a soldier/soldiers' personal story/ies to keep it rolling. Which could be really good or reallllllly bad. 

I like war movies. It'll probably be fine. 

Edited by Josie914

I'm sure it'll be good, I just have problems with Nolan.

And history is OBVIOUSLY copying the battle of the blackwater where Stannis Baratheon's bravest crossed on the improvised bridge of burning ships!!

:lol:

Blame Hitler.